Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2019, 06:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Agreed Has to be one of the weakest book adaptations I've ever seen.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Crystal Clear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 07:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

I thought there were a lot of key elements to E/B's relationship that were left out in the movies as well. It better explains their connection.
Elle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 07:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Agreed. I don't think they hired a scriptwriter who delved far enough into the violence of being a vampire and the details which come along with Edward's inner struggles. The movies almost seemed aimed at kids.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 05-29-2019, 07:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

^Agree agree agree.

One thing that I missed in the movies was that close intense intimate connection between Edward and Bella. I remember the line in the first one "You are my life now" being uttered in a car. I remember that line in the book being in a quiet and intimate moment. I believe she was in his lap in a chair. Just much more effective.
Old 05-29-2019, 07:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleBelle (View Post)
I remember the line in the first one "You are my life now" being uttered in a car. I remember that line in the book being in a quiet and intimate moment. I believe she was in his lap in a chair. Just much more effective.
Exactly these intimate moments lacked nuance in the movies. They were said almost casually, by comparison.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 05-29-2019, 08:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

Did you like the casting in the movies Gwen?
Old 05-30-2019, 03:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Did you like the casting in the movies Gwen?
Overall... I think it could have been better. I always liked Robert Pattinson and Ashley Greene. People made a big deal about Billy Burke, but I think Bella's father was a pretty straight-forward role to play. People say that Kristen Stewart is "a better actress than Twilight suggests", but I honestly think she could have put a lot more effort into making Bella more interesting on screen.

Having said that, I had a much bigger problem with the lack of attention in the script writing. They needed a more thorough writer. The love story needed better translation to the screen. (In my opinion )
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 05-31-2019, 05:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

I was always surprised by R Pat's performance. He's actually a great actor. It's like he just phoned in these movies.
Old 05-31-2019, 02:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
I was always surprised by R Pat's performance. He's actually a great actor. It's like he just phoned in these movies.
I think he had a lot of difficulties getting to grips with the character of Edward. He is a much more complicated character than, say, Jacob was.

If you watch the special features for the first movie, you really see a clear perspective in his interview of how complex Edward was to play. He has such an inner turmoil in not being able to feed on humans and be around Bella without biting her... And I recall that Rob made various comments about what a challenge it was to play a 107 year old vampire who has to act as a teenager and go to school etc.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 05-31-2019, 07:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

It seems like you could really make it a complex character. I hope this franchise lives on in cult classic status and maybe someone will do a remake someday
Old 06-01-2019, 01:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

It would be interesting if they decided to make MIDNIGHT SUN (Stephenie Meyer's unfinished novel ) into a movie. Lots of fans always wanted to see TWILIGHT from Edward's perspective.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 06-12-2019, 03:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Okay, so I haven't read this whole article yet because it's taking too long to load, and thus don't know if it's clickbait or whatever, so I'm going to judge it based purely on the summary in the tweet itself.

I have major issues with this:

1) Catherine Hardwicke, who had spent a decade strictly defending this movie and the story itself, suddenly throwing Stephenie Meyer into hot water over something that has not even been raised as an issue before.

2) "More actors of color" Excuse me, what? If there's something this film series was missing, diversity wasn't it. There were plenty of actors of color in the first movie. Bella's friends (Tyler, Angela, Eric, Jacob - to name a few) and Laurent was a key character. Plus, you can't judge it based on the vampires. They were literally called "Pale Faces." A white connotation obviously comes along with that. To complain about diversity when half of the main cast were American Indians (or at least playing them) is just ridiculous, and you'd have to have not seen the movie to say such an irresponsible thing.

To sum up - Catherine, this is one of the few times I've disagreed with you over the years. I hate getting involved in social-political debates, and this definitely feels like she making something out of nothing.

Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 09-06-2019, 02:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

- Kristen Stewart talks to Harper's Bazaar about her real-life romance with Robert Pattinson and why they stayed so private

Also - Congrats to Julia Jones (who played Jacob's friend Leah in ECLIPSE) on being cast in this Star Wars film

Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 09-15-2019, 03:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 11-05-2019, 04:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

I'm crying a river inside

You have Kristen saying she would've married Rob and he was her first love and so on, and you wonder why she risked destroying everything back in 2012 with that Snow White director Just seems crazy to me. It did then and it still does.

Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top