Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2004, 05:14 AM
Banned

The Passion of the Christ

Well, I think everyone has watched this film, right?
It's the most talked movie of the year....
The Passion of The Christ is a controversial film. Piece by piece, it shows the last twelve hours of Jesus, and was filmed in Aramaic and latin ....pretty real ...I was in shock when I watched this film.. hehehe
I saw that the DVD is coming out on the end of the month (8/31), and there are lots of churches pre-ordering lots and lots of copies...
So, this is why I think everyone will talk about The Passion again, and again, and again ... hehehe....
Old 08-27-2004, 03:23 AM
Absolute Fan

I like the fact that Mel Gibson did the whole movie in Aramaic and Latin. I felt that it gave the viewers a true sense of realness and it felt like we were there witnessing it all. I thought it was all pretty cool.

Does anyone know what's gonna be included on the DVD?
Old 08-30-2004, 11:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

I saw it in theatres. I liked it just because I like seeing Biblical stories, even though I don't necessarily believe them, but I wouldn't want to see it again. It didn't leave too much of a lasting impression on me. And I could only see so much brutality for so long before it gets old.

Sasha
Old 08-31-2004, 02:32 PM
New Fan

i never saw it. i don't like movies that show lots of blood.
Old 08-31-2004, 02:54 PM
New Fan

I also read that South Park is releasing a DVD called "The Passion of the Jew" at the same time.
Old 08-31-2004, 06:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

Sasha
Old 08-31-2004, 09:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

My brother rented this movie today since it came out on dvd at my local video store and I couldnt stand watching it for too long. I started to cry so much during the first 20 minutes I was watching it. All the things they did to Jesus in that movie, it was so horrible. I just wanted to jump in the movie and save him.
My LJ

Last edited by AutumnColorsღ; 08-31-2004 at 09:20 PM
Old 09-01-2004, 02:49 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Rainstorm18
My brother rented this movie today since it came out on dvd at my local video store and I couldnt stand watching it for too long. I started to cry so much during the first 20 minutes I was watching it. All the things they did to Jesus in that movie, it was so horrible. I just wanted to jump in the movie and save him.

yea that was a hard movie to sit through and yea you really begin to feel bad, but was thankful. he did that for me, he died for us. (just so you know, i am a christian and i believe that very much so....so don't take me offensively at all )

"can we take a ride, get out of this place while we still have time?"
Old 09-01-2004, 07:48 PM
Obsessed Fan

from cnn.com...today's date...

Buyers flock to 'The Passion' DVD

NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - DVD sales of Mel Gibson's blockbuster "The Passion of the Christ" topped 4 million after one day, the film's distribution company reported Wednesday.

Although the film's sales of 4.1 million copies trails the one-day sales record of 8 million by "Finding Nemo," it's a significant number considering "The Passion" is rated R and has sub-titles, said Scott Hettrick, editor-in-chief of DVD Exclusive.

"It's really a reflection of what happened at the box office," he added.

As was the case for its theatrical release, robust retail interest in home video versions of the blood-drenched film about the last hours in the life of Jesus appears to be driven by enthusiasm in the Christian market.

Another significant detail about sales of "The Passion" is that consumers are buying 1.8 copies on average, which is a first according to Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment.

Fox spokesman Steve Feldstein said that sales by midday Tuesday had topped the studio's initial retail shipment goal by 20 percent.

Hettrick predicted that consumer DVD sales of "Passion" would ultimately reach the vicinity of 15 million to 18 million copies, generating as much as $400 million in receipts.

Intense media attention and a heavy Christian turnout helped propel the controversial film to $610 million in ticket sales worldwide, including more than $370 million in North America, making it the year's third-highest-grossing movie behind "Shrek 2" and "Spider-Man 2."

Feldstein said much of the promotional campaign for DVD sales of "Passion," like its theatrical release, has been aimed at Christian audiences.

The News Corp.-owned studio sent out information about the home video launch to more than 260,000 churches nationwide and e-mailed promotional materials to more than 6 million targeted households, he said.

Analysts said the film's popularity among church-going consumers could even propel sales of digital video disc players to viewers who had yet to convert from VHS cassettes to DVD. Seeking to cash in on that potential, many retail merchants are selling "Passion" DVDs alongside DVD players, Hettrick said

it looks like dvd sales are taking off like the original ticket sales for 'the passion of the christ'

-------
(The Passion of the Christ)

Last edited by ROCKSTAR; 03-20-2005 at 01:28 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread