Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2005, 10:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

Pam- Totally agree with your comment, some movies you just cant remake. It just needs to be let be. Aw, well thank you, I love it too. So many nice people and my partner over at the Couples board is so nice which is a plus.
My LJ
Old 07-07-2005, 07:36 AM
Elite Fan

ITA I know that remakes are regular things nowadays but some of them should be illegal... Psycho is the best exemple. I like Van Sant's movies but remake of Hitchcock?! Bad idea... very bad idea...
Old 07-07-2005, 11:08 AM
Loyal Fan

Jenny- you're welcome.

~DresdenDoll~ i agree, they should be illegal *lol*
Old 07-07-2005, 11:23 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainstorm18
Thanks Shauna and Cadence for the congrats

Cadence, Awww is that you and your son in your icon?

Your welcome

And yes, that is my son and I. The picture was taken last September. I have some more recent ones that I need to put into icons. It's amazing how much he has grown since that pic was taken.

I never watched the made for tv version of The Shining. I think I heard about it. Nothing could compare to the original. Jack Nicholson is so creepy. That movie just freaks me out. I want to watch it now.

I've been having a lot of problems with the FF too. For several days it kept saying the server was too busy and I was barely able to post. I can post today, but it is moving really slow. Or maybe my computer is just slow. It's hard to tell.
Old 07-07-2005, 11:55 AM
Elite Fan

The Shining is one of the best movies ever made IMO... Jack Nicholson is amazing! The way he plays his part, somewhere between supernatural ghost story and psychotic's hallucinations... Wow... And Kubrick was a genious... The shots of Danny in a middle of hallway, sitting on this geometric carpet, even when nothing happens it still creeps you out... I think it's because the tension is build slowly but in a way that at the end you just can't take it anymore, just like the characters. That's what is difficult to find in recent movies. They don't built that tension anymore...
Old 07-07-2005, 12:21 PM
Elite Fan

i haven't seen the shining yet. i really want to see the jack nicholson version and the version that stephen king actually LIKES as well. plus i want to read the book.
Old 07-07-2005, 01:33 PM
Elite Fan

Kubrick's version is different from the book, that's why Stephen King made this TV version which is a better adaptation of novel but cinematographicly speaking is very poor comparing to the original movie.
Old 07-07-2005, 04:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

Jack Nicholson is a pretty scary guy when he plays in horror movies, he should act in more.

Cadence- Aww! thats cute, I always wanted to make an icon of my kitty Sammy since he is basically my little baby.

I watched Hide and Seek last night, it was good expect I didnt care so much on how it all turned out at the end. I wanted it to actually be a ghost of some sort instead of that dude.

My LJ
Old 07-07-2005, 09:22 PM
Loyal Fan

horror fans!

I rented Hide and Seek last night and watched it with a buddy of mine, I thought it was alright but my friend thought it sucked. He said the ending was just crap which it kinda was. I was going more with a different twist cause the twist they had was obvious really

Ben: This is something no one's ever heard about, and no one's ever seen before. This is hell on earth. -NOTLD
-John-
Old 07-07-2005, 09:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thats how I felt about the ending too, I was leaning more towards a supernatural type of deal since I love horror movies that deal with ghosts and stuff.
My LJ
Old 07-07-2005, 10:03 PM
Loyal Fan

Same here, I like supernatural movies. whats your favorite ghost movie?

Ben: This is something no one's ever heard about, and no one's ever seen before. This is hell on earth. -NOTLD
-John-
Old 07-07-2005, 10:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hmm, well I really liked The house on haunted hill, 13 Ghosts, The Sixth Sense, and The shining. What about you?
My LJ
Old 07-07-2005, 10:20 PM
Loyal Fan

Those are good ones, I really liked 13 ghosts, The shining, Poltergeist, and have you ever seen the movie, The frighteners?

-John-
Old 07-07-2005, 10:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yes I have, I love that movie! Omg, its been forever since I have seen it though. It has Michael J fox in it, right?
My LJ
Old 07-07-2005, 11:03 PM
Loyal Fan

Yep he sure is, havent seen the movie in awhile either but its pretty good. I remember liking it alot, lol.

Well Jen, Im off to bed. Night babe and horror folks

-John-
Closed Thread   Post New Thread