Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2018, 11:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I loved the movie and the controversy at the time with Kristen didn't help but I liked her a lot in the role of Snow White, she's gorgeous but not in the annoying model like way!
Mi||iê Måë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 12:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

I was underwhelmed by the movie. Loved the soundtrack, and Snow's relationship with the Huntsman, but I thought Snow White: A Tale of Terror was way more gritty and dark and more compelling. People who haven't seen that will probably think SWATH was an original concept for Snow White, but A Tale of Terror is way more interesting to me and came a long time before it. I didn't really get interested in Kristen's character or performance, unfortunately, though I did like her chemistry with Chris.

CHARACTER/FILM - Batman vs Bane - The Dark Knight Rises

SUMMARY + WHY I ENJOY IT: Catwoman betrays Batman, leads him into Bane's territory and a brutal fight ensues, with Bane so strong and confident he makes Batman look feeble. He was very unprepared, emotionally. I loved seeing Tom show the domineering physicality of the character, and the moment where he lifts Batman/Bruce up is terrifying.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Crystal Clear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 01:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's hard sometimes when you come across a film that isn't as widely known that compares to such a bigger advertised movie like SNATH.

That's like people who see the 2005 Pride and Prejudice before seeing the 1995 BBC version and think 2005 is superior.

The 2005 was good but 1995 was so much better.

I loved that fight between Batman and Bane and Tom Hardy was so well cast in that role IMO.
Old 06-20-2018, 01:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi||iê Måë (View Post)
It's hard sometimes when you come across a film that isn't as widely known that compares to such a bigger advertised movie like SNATH.

That's like people who see the 2005 Pride and Prejudice before seeing the 1995 BBC version and think 2005 is superior.

The 2005 was good but 1995 was so much better.

I'm sad that 'A Tale of Terror' flew under the radar and if it was made today, the reaction would be much more of a global appreciation just like people saw the strengths in SWATH being a 'dfferent' take on SW. Tale of Terror took way more risks and was much more interesting. Sigourney gave such a complex performance.

Quote:
I loved that fight between Batman and Bane and Tom Hardy was so well cast in that role IMO.
Tom was the highlight of the movie, for sure. Plus, that voice box was really effective. I remember worrying at first, wondering if he'd be able to emote, but he was great.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 06-20-2018, 02:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I loved that voice box, it was such a fantastic character trait to have and really defined the character.
Old 06-20-2018, 03:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Also, the fact that he had what looked like a muzzle on his mouth -- it really seemed like Batman was being beaten down by a meaner and leaner Hannibal Lecter
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 06-20-2018, 03:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The imagery of that is hilarious.
Old 06-20-2018, 03:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Plus, when Bruce asks "why didn't you just kill me?" and Bane replies "your punishment must be more severe"

He literally broke his back, yet Bane thinks that Bruce deserves more pain, deserves to live to see the agony of his city being torn down... The idea that he wants to emotionally destroy him is what made Bane so terrifying to me in TDKR.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 06-20-2018, 03:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I so agree. He was more in depth in his punishments rather than just a physical pain, that would heal, it was the emotional scars he could put on his soul.
Old 06-20-2018, 04:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Yep and Bane was speaking from personal experience. He had saved Talia from the pit, and in doing so, was brutally half beaten to death by a mob, so he had to endure and live with the physical pain of that (hence the muzzle), so he wants Bruce to experience that type of torture.

Part of me still wishes that TDKR had had a bleak ending, with Bane succeeding and Batman being stuck down that pit forever. (The pessimist part )
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 06-21-2018, 12:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Is it wrong that we root for the villain?
Old 06-21-2018, 01:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Not when the villain is Tom Hardy

Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 06-21-2018, 02:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Have you seen him in his FX TV Show "Taboo"?

Totally hot!

[IMG]https://hips.hearstapps.com/hmg-prod.s3.amazonaws.com/images/89102484-television-programme-taboo-starring-tom-hardy-1519555605.jpg?resize=768:*[/IMG]
Old 06-21-2018, 02:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Have you seen him in his FX TV Show "Taboo"?

Totally hot!

Pic Link
Old 06-21-2018, 02:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

WOAH! Just about covered there I haven't heard of that, but damn he looks good Always branches out in his acting.

...It's strange because even though I loved the first Batman/Bane confrontation, I strongly dislike the one near the end of TDKR, where Batman quickly knocks off Bane's breathing equipment and weakens him. It all felt too easy
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Reply   Post New Thread