Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2004, 01:37 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Crazy_D+J_Fan:

You said [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Looking For Alibrandi and you forgot? *tongue*
I meant using my username Kel [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Puberty Blues [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Um, I'll give it a miss [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Kyls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 03:59 AM
Addicted Fan

Looking For Alibrandi's one of my fave books, and while the movie is quite good, I'll never love it as much as I love the book, though all of the actors are great in the movie. Anthony LaPaglia has an Aussie accent in that movie, which was made back in 2000, right? Speaking of Anthony, Poppy Montgomery, his co-star Sam Spade on Without A Trace is also Australian, I believe. I think she was born and raised in Sydney.

I loved Memento, it's an interesting movie with original execution, it made me feel like I suffered from Lenny's condition. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I originally watched it because a) it had Carrie-Anne Moss and Joe Pantoliano in it and I loved them both in The Matrix and b) it was voted as one of the best movies in history on IMDB and I wanted to know if it really was as good as everyone had said. I think it is, IMO, it's just a fabulous movie all round. Quite thought-provoking.

Speaking of Guy Pearce has anyone seen Dating The Enemy, with Claudia Karvan? I love that movie, I always watch it whenever it comes on TV. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] They're both really good in their reversed roles, Claudia especially. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Paperback Hero has already been mentioned and I love that movie as well, Hugh Jackman is so hot. [img]smilies/drool.gif[/img] I like him as Wolverine in the X Men movies too, although I think X2 is the much better film.

My favourite Nicole Kidman movie is Moulin Rouge, of course, and The Others. I normally hate horror movies but this one was so well-done and I just loved it. Brilliant, though it freaked me out. I also liked The Ring with Naomi Watts - my friend and I actually had trouble sleeping after watching that movie, I kept on imagining the snow screen and Samara climbing out of it. [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

TWOP! I heart that site, the Alias recaps are hilarious, and I love reading the forums, great site for getting info too. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

- Erin, from TWOP.
loquacity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 05:34 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ~*coconut ice*~:
<STRONG>
TWOP! I heart that site, the Alias recaps are hilarious, and I love reading the forums, great site for getting info too. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]</STRONG>
The Alias recaps are the funniest things in the world. I prefer the recaps over the show these days [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

I saw bits and pieces of Dating the Enemy the other day, it was pretty amusing [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
How to Annoy People #31:
Do not add any inflection to the end of your sentences, producing awkward silences with the impression that you'll be saying more any moment.
Shwaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 05:54 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>Speaking of Guy Pearce has anyone seen Dating The Enemy, with Claudia Karvan? I love that movie, I always watch it whenever it comes on TV. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] They're both really good in their reversed roles, Claudia especially. </STRONG>
[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Oh, I love that movie. I haven't seen it in aaaages though, I missed it when it was on TV recently.

Quote:
<STRONG>My favourite Nicole Kidman movie is Moulin Rouge, of course, and The Others. I normally hate horror movies but this one was so well-done and I just loved it. Brilliant, though it freaked me out. </STRONG>
Ohhh, the Others. I have a funny story! My friend Caitlin had an American exchange student, Kate, a couple years ago and me and Kate decided to watch The Others. Well, we were both fairly freaked out, and at one point, can't remember which, but it was a jump scene... Anyway, Caitlin jumped out in front of us and screamed at the top of her lungs, which made me scream, which made Kate scream. Which made Caitlin's dog bark insanely. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Yeah, that's my story. It was a lot funnier when it happened!
Old 03-11-2004, 03:55 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>I have a few questions about "Peter Pan" [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]
Do you class, the new "Peter Pan" movie as a aussie movie?

It was made in the gold coast of Queensland, australia

The movie was made by Australian director Peter Weir

The actors were from the UK

Also for aussies [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] the dvd is coming out on 5th May</STRONG>

I'd think of it as an Aussie film, but I'd also think of it as a British and US film, depending (kind of like LOTRs is for New Zealand).

I know! I bought the book from Amazon.com, though...

**Shannon** - that's funny! That movie freaked the crap out of me. I'm all about suspense. Slash won't freak me out compared to what a psychological suspense film can do to me. It's all about being stalked... *shudders*

My LJ for Movies
shrrshrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 11:17 PM
Master Fan

shrrshrr - I'm exactly the same. It's stuff that could actually happen / has actually happened that scares the hell outta me. Like Jack the Ripper. ::shudder:: That scared me for weeks... But, having said that, I saw Dr. Giggles during the day [For Holly Marie Combs] and that scared the hell outta me too. So, maybe I'm just a big wimp. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-12-2004, 01:48 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>I have a few questions about "Peter Pan" [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]
Do you class, the new "Peter Pan" movie as a aussie movie?

It was made in the gold coast of Queensland, australia

The movie was made by Australian director Peter Weir

The actors were from the UK

Also for aussies [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] the dvd is coming out on 5th May</STRONG>
Yea, it's always a bit weird when the films are like that. When they're filmed in Australia, but not usually classified "Australian". Does it depend on what company has it's rights?
xallyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 04:26 AM
Loyal Fan

[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I've seen the movie puberty blues. it such a stupid movie but it's funny to watch and laugh about. does anyone know the name of the movie that nicole kidman and naomi watts were in together when they were teenages? i would like to watch that movie.

i haven't actually watched an aussie movie for a while but i like to see international films with aussies in it. at the moment naomi watts would be my favourite aussie star. Anyone a fan of stephen curry from secret life of us and the castle??? i think he's hilarious [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

She looked up at Ron and her frostiness seemed to melt.

Icon credit: eva-1102
~*Dancer in the Dark*~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 09:56 AM
Master Fan

You're talking about "Flirting" I think... Never seen it but.... here you go. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-12-2004, 11:27 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by xallyx:
<STRONG>

Yea, it's always a bit weird when the films are like that. When they're filmed in Australia, but not usually classified "Australian". Does it depend on what company has it's rights?</STRONG>
You know, I don't really know what the answer is, but it's a really interesting question that I think I'll look in to. I suspect it has to do with the production company, but I really don't know...

**Shannon** - what's this Mr. Giggles thing? If it involves clowns, I'm right there with you - clowns are just wrong.

My LJ for Movies
shrrshrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 03:25 PM
Loyal Fan

Good lord, you know I've seen Flirting a hundred times and it never dawned on me until you guys just mentioned it that that was Naomi Watts as one of Thandie Newton's friends. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] I guess she wasn't really famous until recently though.

Anyway, I think Flirting is an excellent movie. One of my favorite Aussie films.

Also, just wanted to mention that the new Peter Pan is not directed by Peter Weir as someone had said but by P.J. Hogan. Still Australian though. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ 03-12-2004: Message edited Jess519 ]
Old 03-12-2004, 09:55 PM
Master Fan

shrrshrr - [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Right there with ya on the clowns, but the movie isn't about clowns. HMC plays a 14-year-old girl who needs open heart surgery... And Dr. Giggles is psycho and thinks he's a doctor and that people who do things wrong should be "fixed". He believes that laughter is literally the best medicine, and "operates" without anesthetic. Well, he killed her doctor, and tried to go for her [If I remember right]. I remember one part, there was a woman who was eating strawberry ice-cream... Which apparently is bad, so he got one of that machines that you stick down gutters... The things with the biog claw on the end? Yeah, he got one of those, stuck it down her throat,a nd sucked all the ice cream out... And yeah, then that was gone, her stomach came with it.

Okay, NOW I've freaked myself out. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Um. Nice, fluffy Aussie movies, anyone? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]
Old 03-12-2004, 10:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hi guys!

I went to the Video Ezy sale today
I got alot of dvds and one of them were "Playing beatie Bow dvd" the movie rocks. Yeah I know I have the video [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] but I wanted the dvd too
And at k-mart, I got "Priscilla Queen of the Desert dvd"

Time to catch up.

Quote:
I meant using my username Kel
Ok PJ [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] I got it now

Coco - "Dating The Enemy" was a good movie but also weird too *lol*

shrrshrr - cool, thanks [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Shannon - I didn't like "Flirting" much. I thought it was boring [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

Thanks Jess [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I knew one of them ( P.J. Hogan/Peter Weir) did it...Oops *lmao*
Old 03-13-2004, 02:18 AM
Elite Fan

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] @ Kel

Quote:
Speaking of Guy Pearce has anyone seen Dating The Enemy, with Claudia Karvan? I love that movie, I always watch it whenever it comes on TV.
[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Yep, ...last time it was on tv I didn't watch it tho.... but I still think it's great [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Kyls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 07:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks PJ [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

I don't want to spoil "Looking For Alibrandi" movie for others who hasn't seen the movie, but does anyone know the song it the movie, I won't say what scene [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
The song "With or without you"??? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] who sings it
Reply   Post New Thread