Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2009, 08:02 AM
Addicted Fan

(500) Days of Summer - Boy Meets Girl. Boy Falls In Love. Girl Doesn't.

So, I watched this movie this week and I liked it. But what I liked the most about it is that it made me think whether it is an anti-romantic-comedy or just an indie romantic-comedy that tries to stay away from stereotypes, like Juno and other nice films like that. I read a pretty good review that said that (500) Days of Summer was an anti-romantic-comedy and I immediately disagreed. But when I gave it some more thought, I started to actually consider the possibility of it being an anti-romantic-comedy. The thing is, that this film made me think, and that is enough for me to consider it a good film. Also, I like how the main characters are two non-stereotyped indie kids and how the plot and the great soundtrack have lots of influence from indie music.
Anyway, I thought this was a film that could instigate some interesting discussion, so I decided to open this thread.
"Grace is what matters. In anything, especially life, especially growth, tragedy, pain, love, death. That's a quality I admire very greatly. It keeps you from reaching for the gun too quickly, it keeps you from destroying things too foolishly. And sort of keeps you alive."
Old 11-15-2009, 10:05 AM
Obsessed Fan

Hi! I fell in love with this movie, too! Hence, I already started a thread for it HERE. Join us for the discussion!

Old 11-15-2009, 04:58 PM
Addicted Fan

Ops, sorry. I browsed through the Board Guide and couldn't find it, so I thought there was no thread for this film. I'll join you guys in the first thread. Mods, you can close this one. And sorry for the double thread.
"Grace is what matters. In anything, especially life, especially growth, tragedy, pain, love, death. That's a quality I admire very greatly. It keeps you from reaching for the gun too quickly, it keeps you from destroying things too foolishly. And sort of keeps you alive."
Closed Thread   Post New Thread