Old 07-29-2013, 03:19 PM
Passionate Fan

Tftnt!

I'm Jasmine
Old 07-29-2013, 03:31 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by vessy (View Post)
Nope, she has not changed in that department. I have followed her form that point. She is just being very gracious about her job at events and work related stuff. She has been handling paps really well, not letting them too close like most stars do. I always liked this in her. Otherwise she really speaks well inform of the microphone and has way with word without being phony. I do believe she learned many things from Ian. He is the same way. He is more opened on his private life but I am glad he has been handling it better in the past few years. I guess we all grow up and get better at what we do.
I respect her interaction with her fans via twitter, she really respects us. I know she is not doing this only for us of course but she seems to be getting thing in the right way, which deserves to be acknowledged. I just imagined all these Hollywood kids and their way of living. I saw The Bling Ring yesterday and realized how harsh and truly disappointing things are there. Good to be away from this place most of the time.
Just bringin this over from the old thread....

I have to disagree with you on this. Yes Nina has been visible on Twitter and she's very friendly, if at times a bit shy in interviews, but I do think she is trying to be much much more "open", friendly, and more visible in the public eye. This is not necessarily a bad thing...a lot celebs do this. THey schedule Pap photo ops at different times, they don't try to hide their identities in publlic making them more noticeable. In the past NIna would seem to get very weary of dealing with large crowds or the media. Now, she much more open-minded and willing to "deal" with them. THose bday parties she attended, while not red carpet events, were covered by a lot of the media. IT's all about publicity at the end of the day and since she doesn't have Ian (that's the wrong wording but you get my drift) and isn't part of a star couple she has to come into her own with her own identity, it's probably something she's wanted to do ever since she started TVD but hasn't gotten the chance to do because she was considered Ian's girlfriend or I should say "labeled" Ian's girlfriend.

Peach even mentioned that Nina went into this past hiatus with the intention of doing more media events...unfortunately the breakup kind of took that away and she ended up doing other things...but that's why she didn't do any cons this hiatus she wanted to attend some red carpet events. Then the breakup pushed everything into a tail spin.

So just pointing out that yes I think NIna has changed her tactics in dealing with this industry...it's kind of "watered down" version of Miley's change in promoting herself and her music. It's a completely normal thing for a twenty something actress to do and I believe Nina is doing it to varying degrees of success. She would probably be more successful if she attended more TVD fan events like the cons but that may be the plan next summer you never know....you live and you learn.

OH and the topic of Ian and Nina...yeah they're definitely in a better place. I'm not sure they're ready to discuss a lot of the details that made them breakup in the first place.. I personally think they're only working on themselves and their friendship at the moment...any relationship between them can come later.

Last edited by prodigious28; 07-29-2013 at 03:40 PM
Old 07-29-2013, 04:35 PM
D&E
Dedicated Fan

Hand holding is right under kissing on the lips to me, I'm not going to swear that they're back together because they were holding hands, I have no idea what's going on with those two, I'm just saying the concept of holding hands with your opposite sex friends (not even going to go into the exs part) is weird to me!!!

Girlfriends holding hands is a totally different thing IMO, that's just the way girls are, they're comfortable and affectionate like that, I'm pretty sure you'd never catch a heterosexual guy dead holding hands with his heterosexual guy friend though!!!

Ian with all his touchy feely hugging and kissing(on the cheek obviously) stuff I've never seen him hold hands with someone he's not romantically involved with, I've never seen the Claire Holt one and I'm not saying it didn't happen because I never saw it but just the rarity of the occasion makes me think it's not just his MO like people are saying!! And no I'm not saying he was ever involved with Claire Holt either!!
Old 07-29-2013, 04:44 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by D&E (View Post)
Hand holding is right under kissing on the lips to me, I'm not going to swear that they're back together because they were holding hands, I have no idea what's going on with those two, I'm just saying the concept of holding hands with your opposite sex friends (not even going to go into the exs part) is weird to me!!!

Girlfriends holding hands is a totally different thing IMO, that's just the way girls are, they're comfortable and affectionate like that, I'm pretty sure you'd never catch a heterosexual guy dead holding hands with his heterosexual guy friend though!!!

Ian with all his touchy feely hugging and kissing(on the cheek obviously) stuff I've never seen him hold hands with someone he's not romantically involved with, I've never seen the Claire Holt one and I'm not saying it didn't happen because I never saw it but just the rarity of the occasion makes me think it's not just his MO like people are saying!! And no I'm not saying he was ever involved with Claire Holt either!!
In high school, I had a guy friend that I held hands with all the time. It made all our friends think that something was going on even though it wasn't. He was a hands on kind of guy and just fun to be around. We would hold hands down the hallway and sing goofy songs. It never meant anything though, we were just super comfortable with each other. It means more to me that they're exes holding hands than friends holding hands tbh.

I'm Jasmine
Old 07-29-2013, 04:52 PM
D&E
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by swayz (View Post)
In high school, I had a guy friend that I held hands with all the time. It made all our friends think that something was going on even though it wasn't. He was a hands on kind of guy and just fun to be around. We would hold hands down the hallway and sing goofy songs. It never meant anything though, we were just super comfortable with each other. It means more to me that they're exes holding hands than friends holding hands tbh.
I'm stumped!!

I'm honestly not saying they're definitely back together or anything just the whole concept of holding hands be it with friends or exs is shattering all my world views......JK!!
Old 07-29-2013, 04:58 PM
New Fan

Quote:

Exactly, agree to all of this. And the exes factor is what makes it particularly strange.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swayz (View Post)
It means more to me that they're exes holding hands than friends holding hands tbh.
And agree with this too.

The hand holding and some other recent info leads me to think they're back together, tbh.
Old 07-29-2013, 05:02 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:

Ian was reported and seen hand holding with Claire Holt, Malease Jow, Candice Accola and even JP
i have seen with my own eyes multiply times Ian pecking Jess or Kim after ISF cons or during ISF events, also he lips kissed few members from St, Tammary during event and it was even officially said by Kim that Ian is not shy to show kiss affection to ppl who is close to him it doesn't have to be romantic
There were a pic from Mexico in 2008 i guess, from the party were Ian is captured holding hands with a guy. Does that mean he is gay? I don't think so.
And TVD guys JoMo, Matt Davis, Steven, Nate all were telling the stories about Ian and his hands all over them when he is to happy
so in Ian case...kissing and hand holding is kinda not necessary romantic or love rl indicator
also in my real life i have not only friends but also myself who are comfortable with hand holding and even hug walking with exes. It depends on how touchy feely you are and how clean break up was

Last edited by Shaherezada; 07-29-2013 at 05:16 PM
Old 07-29-2013, 05:09 PM
D&E
Dedicated Fan

I've never seen Ian kiss anyone he's not romantically involved with on the lips either peck or no peck, what rock have I been living under? ............More importantly what's wrong with Ian? JK JK!!
Old 07-29-2013, 05:13 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I've never seen Ian kiss anyone he's not romantically involved with on the lips either peck or no peck, what rock have I been living under? ............More importantly what's wrong with Ian? JK JK!!
you should have seen him with ISF folks or during Strut ur Mutt
no kidding every person get a hug, a kiss and showered with affection! he really loves ppl and life, no wonder ppl love him back
and nothing wrong with him, i forgot the name but i know there is a term for that kind of ppl who shows grattitude and explore the life being overly touchy
Old 07-29-2013, 05:16 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaherezada (View Post)
Ian was reported and seen hand holding with Claire Holt, Malease Jow, Candice Accola and even JP
i have seen with my own eyes multiply times Ian pecking Jess or Kim after ISF cons or during ISF events, also he lips kissed few members from St, Tammary during event and it was even officialy said by Kim that Ian is not shy to show kiss affection to ppl who is close to him it doesn't have to be romantic
There were a pic from Mexico in 2008 i guess, from the party were Ian as captured holding hands with a guy. Does that mean he is gay? I don't think so.
And TVD guys JoMo, Matt Davis, Steven, Nate all were telling the stories about Ian and his hands all over them when he is to happy
so in Ian case...kissing and hand holding is kinda not necessary romantic or love rl indicator
also in my real life i have not only friends but also myself who are comfortable with hand holding and even hug walking with exes. It depends on how touchy feely you are and how clean break up was
Ian didn't date those people you've mentioned though, and he doesn't walk/hold hands, he usually does cheek kisses and hugs w/ them. It's cool that you & you're ex(es) were able to hold hands after the break-up, but it's a bit unusually in a lot of cases. And Ian has not walked and held hands w' the people mentioned above. He only does that with his girlfriends. So from appearances it seems Ian does that when he dates someone, so for him to walk and hold his exes hand has a high probability of being romantic in nature. Of course not a definite, but highly likely.
Old 07-29-2013, 05:17 PM
D&E
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaherezada (View Post)
you should have seen him with ISF folks or during Strut ur Mutt
no kidding every person get a hug, a kiss and showered with affection! he really loves ppl and life, no wonder ppl love him back
and nothing wrong with him, i forgot the name but i know there is a term for that kind of ppl who shows grattitude and explore the life being overly touchy
On the lips?

I'm kidding about something being wrong with Ian, his passion and affection are obviously very endearing, it's just the hand holding and lip kissing is what is weird to me!!