Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-03-2021, 05:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
Only about twice and I never complained that they got screwed over by the MCU.
Well, the Champions did get screwed over as well.

Thanks for all the info, dragonfire. Yes, it does seem like Feige has certain fetishes when it comes to him hyping up characters.

Also, I don't remember Green Vision and White Vision being two different characters. He turned white after he was literally turned inside-out and rebuilt. I think the white skin color was an homage to another character called The Vision who was a villain and an enemy of Captain America and the Invaders in World War II.
Old 03-03-2021, 06:58 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)

Thanks for all the info, dragonfire. Yes, it does seem like Feige has certain fetishes when it comes to him hyping up characters.

Also, I don't remember Green Vision and White Vision being two different characters. He turned white after he was literally turned inside-out and rebuilt. I think the white skin color was an homage to another character called The Vision who was a villain and an enemy of Captain America and the Invaders in World War II.
No problem. Yep, and I could be wrong but I don't think he started doing that with Wanda until he got the X-Men rights, and before he used to hyped up Carol.

You know since it's rumored
Spoiler:

As for Vision.
Spoiler:
Old 03-04-2021, 04:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

John Byrne royally screwed up Vision back in the turn of the '80s and '90s and things have never been the same since.
Old 03-04-2021, 06:15 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
John Byrne royally screwed up Vision back in the turn of the '80s and '90s and things have never been the same since.
I got a bad feeling that
Spoiler:
Old 03-04-2021, 06:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

He seems to have cooled on Carol, dragonfire.

I just saw the White Vision. Yeah, Bettany trolled audiences with that comment. He was talking about himself. But they weren't two different characters in the comics from what I remember.

John Byrne came to Marvel after working on Superman with DC, and he felt that DC wasn't letting him do what he wanted. I did like his She-Hulk. She was freaking sexy. Unlike the steroid version these woke morons at Marvel are doing lately.
Old 03-05-2021, 12:39 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
He seems to have cooled on Carol, dragonfire.

I just saw the White Vision. Yeah, Bettany trolled audiences with that comment. He was talking about himself. But they weren't two different characters in the comics from what I remember.

John Byrne came to Marvel after working on Superman with DC, and he felt that DC wasn't letting him do what he wanted. I did like his She-Hulk. She was freaking sexy. Unlike the steroid version these woke morons at Marvel are doing lately.
Maybe because he got the X-Men?

Yep. No, they wasn't, and Green Vision, and White Vision kinda reminds me of Green Ranger, and White Ranger from Power Rangers.

I see.

If true, then interesting title choice, and wasn't this what Stan Lee originally wanted to call them, but Jack Kirby told them no one would know what a Mutant is, so Lee came back, and suggested the name The X-Men?

Quote:
Marvel Studios Reportedly Developing X-Men Movie Called The Mutants
https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/ma...e-the-mutants/
Old 03-05-2021, 12:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

There was actually a time when there were two Visions.
Old 03-05-2021, 02:05 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Really?

WandaVision Finale Spoilers.

Spoiler:
Old 03-05-2021, 06:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Are you referring to the original Vision from WWII who was an enemy of The Invaders? Wasn't he an alien?

I hate them trading storylines for characters. Giving Wanda a storyline that belongs to Jean is lazy.

Yeah... no, I wouldn't compare Vision to the Power Rangers, dragonfire.

What, after a gazillion monster movies in the 1950s that featured mutant creatures created by atomic radiation, Kirby actually thought no one in the 60s would know what a mutant was?
Old 03-05-2021, 10:49 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:

I hate them trading storylines for characters. Giving Wanda a storyline that belongs to Jean is lazy.

Yeah... no, I wouldn't compare Vision to the Power Rangers, dragonfire.

What, after a gazillion monster movies in the 1950s that featured mutant creatures created by atomic radiation, Kirby actually thought no one in the 60s would know what a mutant was?
I know. Well, while
Spoiler:

I just meant Vision being Green, then White reminded me of Tommy being Green, then White as well. Also Power Rangers had an episode where two Tommys fought as the Green, and White Rangers.

That's what Stan Lee said in an interview.
Old 03-06-2021, 08:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Are you referring to the original Vision from WWII who was an enemy of The Invaders? Wasn't he an alien?
No I'm not. I'm referring to a storyline in 1990s Avengers when there was an evil Vision secretly replacing the original one.
Old 03-06-2021, 04:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
No I'm not. I'm referring to a storyline in 1990s Avengers when there was an evil Vision secretly replacing the original one.
Crap. 90s Avengers. I wasn't collecting comics then due to my... unfortunate circumstances.

Yes, yes, that all sounds very familiar, and I still don't like it, dragonfire. Taking other characters storylines is cheating. I'm only ever okay with that under very rare circumstances.

Stan Lee said a lot.
Old 03-07-2021, 11:14 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:

Yes, yes, that all sounds very familiar, and I still don't like it, dragonfire. Taking other characters storylines is cheating. I'm only ever okay with that under very rare circumstances.

Stan Lee said a lot.
I know, and it isn't like Wanda don't have her own backstory.

Oh, here's a new rumor for MCU X-Men.

It's rumored
Spoiler:
Old 03-07-2021, 05:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Really? Don't tell me that Jean will be delegated to the background?

Well, Cyclops and Storm were both leaders of the X-Men at different times, so that does make sense.

Wanda has a lot of backstory, which is another reason I don't like that.
Old 03-07-2021, 06:37 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Really? Don't tell me that Jean will be delegated to the background?

Well, Cyclops and Storm were both leaders of the X-Men at different times, so that does make sense.

Wanda has a lot of backstory, which is another reason I don't like that.
I don't know if she will, or won't, but since
Spoiler:

Yep.

Exactly.