Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-17-2021, 10:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)

Seriously? If we're at the point where Bill Maher now seems right wing to you, then the world is seriously
No, it shows how widespread the views of the right really are, how influential. Bill Maher keeps saying the same stuff Trump and co say.
Old 03-17-2021, 11:13 AM
Elite Fan

Spoiler:
Old 03-17-2021, 06:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for letting us know just how far off the deep end Feige has gone, dragonfire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
No, it shows how widespread the views of the right really are, how influential. Bill Maher keeps saying the same stuff Trump and co say.
Yet he's been most critical of Trump. And again, being critical of political correctness has nothing to do with right wing or left wing. PC is a cancer, plain and simple. Trump never gave a damn about PC until he started running for President.
Old 03-17-2021, 07:54 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Thanks for letting us know just how far off the deep end Feige has gone, dragonfire.
No problem.
Old 03-18-2021, 12:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Yet he's been most critical of Trump. And again, being critical of political correctness has nothing to do with right wing or left wing. PC is a cancer, plain and simple. Trump never gave a damn about PC until he started running for President.
After what happened on the other board, I'm not discussing politics with you anymore.
Old 03-18-2021, 01:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

we all have some issues with PC at times, but what particular thing happened to you that made you so obsessed with it Alex?
Old 03-18-2021, 09:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedrum (View Post)
we all have some issues with PC at times, but what particular thing happened to you that made you so obsessed with it Alex?
Nothing happened to me, Rita. I'm just a guy who works at a Walmart and who used to work at a Kmart. This, after my family went bankrupt after my stepmom twisted my father's arm to buy a new house we didn't need and couldn't afford because it "wasn't fair" for her to live in the house my mother used to live in, even though she hadn't lived there with us in ten years. Whatever my dad did to pay for that new house got him fired from his job and we lost everything. I also had personal issues that resulted in suicidal depression, but other than that, no particular thing happened to me.

I just don't like it when any ideology says, "don't say this, don't say that, don't do this, don't do that, don't read this, don't write that, don't wear this, don't watch that, etc." Religion used to do that.

I didn't like it when the conservative right attacked heavy metal music, claiming that it influenced kids to commit suicide. Ozzy Osbourne even had to go to court to defend himself. Now the left tries to get Christmas songs like Baby It's Cold Outside banned, claiming it's a "rape song" or it promotes sexual harassment, which it most certainly does not do. It's about a couple defying the social norms of the time that demonized sex before marriage as wrong and socially unacceptable, and the woman in the song is afraid of being $lut-shamed. "My mother will be suspicious; my father will be pacing the floor; my maiden aunt's mind is vicious; my brother will be there at the door; the neighbors might think... ; there's bound to be talk tomorrow, at least there will be plenty implied." It should be obvious, but not to the PC police.

I didn't like it when the conservative right said that you can't be a good Christian if you celebrate Halloween because it's a "satanic holiday." Now the left lectures everyone on what they wear for Halloween, saying "don't wear anything that is culturally insensitive or appropriation." Yeah, like the woke people are not culturally appropriating just by celebrating Halloween when they're not of Celtic, or at least European, descent.

I didn't like it when the conservative right tried to create an amendment that would ban flag burning. Even though I don't like seeing the American flag burned, the act of burning any flag in protest is a form of protected speech under the 1st amendment. Today, the woke left chases speakers out of college campuses if they express views different from their own, claims that certain words and phrases are "micro-aggressions," slaps trigger warnings on books and other materials, and seeks to eliminate gendered words and language when 99.4% of the population has no such need for any of that.

I didn't like it when the religious conservative right held book burnings of J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter novels, accusing them of promoting witchcraft. Burning books makes you look like Nazis. Today, the woke left calls J.K. Rowling "transphobic" and seeks to have her cancelled because as a feminist she objected to women being referred to as "people who menstruate" and not "women" by trans activists because it diminishes the differences in lived experiences between men and women. Now the trans community calls feminists like her TERFs - Trans Exclusionary Radical Feminists. After decades of fighting for women's rights, they now have to put up with that crap? Just because they don't want to bow down before trans ideology?

We went through this type of thing before, in the post-Reformation era when the pious were on the lookout for heretics and were convinced that witches were everywhere. This just happened to coincide with the invention of the printing press, where printed materials could be produce and distributed across Europe with incredible speed, including materials that promoted these ideologies. Now we have the internet.

Look, I don't want to keep ranting about this, just letting you know where I am on this subject. I know not everyone places as much concern on this as I do.

Last edited by PhoenixRising; 03-18-2021 at 11:48 PM
Old 03-18-2021, 11:53 PM
Elite Fan

Well, here's some more MCU X-Men rumors.

Spoiler:
Old 03-19-2021, 11:48 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

okay, let's see details
Old 03-19-2021, 05:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Well, that seems.... interesting. Thanks, dragonfire.
Old 03-20-2021, 08:06 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Well, that seems.... interesting. Thanks, dragonfire.
If it actually happens it will be interesting. No problem.

Oh, in the first episode of TF&WS
Spoiler:
Old 03-20-2021, 04:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah, yeah, so we should brace ourselves for the MCU to start screwing up the X-Men.
Old 03-20-2021, 06:17 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Yeah, yeah, so we should brace ourselves for the MCU to start screwing up the X-Men.
It could be years before they actually start doing that.

Now with the Snyder Cut showing that you don't have to make fans wait years and years just to see something like The JL. I wouldn't mind if that pushes Disney/Marvel to get to The MCU X-Men a lot faster than years later.
Old 03-21-2021, 09:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

The MCU is screwed up already.
Old 03-21-2021, 01:31 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
The MCU is screwed up already.
Yeah, the MCU could use an enema.