Old 01-23-2019, 04:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

my money's on killing them off
Old 01-24-2019, 01:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Well if they're going to recast then what's the point of killing them off?
They can't recast immediately without rebooting and they don't want to do that. They put a lot into their continuity and they don't want to dump it that fast. They want to change the roster of central characters, focus on other characters.

Quote:
I haven't heard anything about killing anyone off.
I have. Repeatedly.

Quote:
Chris Evans himself stated that Endgame might not be his last movie as Captain America.
"Might" doesn't count for much.

Quote:
"Many years down the road" isn't that many. Five years? Eight? Ten? I don't think that people will be willing to wait a decade to see Iron Man, Thor, and Captain America on screen again.
I think they will. Disney seems to feel they have used up those characters on the screen for the present.

Quote:
And if a recast down the road does happen, does that mean the MCU will be reset and the entire continuity restarted?
Quite possibly, many years from now.

Quote:
I'll go by what Kevin Feige said originally, that recasting will happen and that these characters are essentially ageless in the comics, so that will probably be the case.
You cling onto that like a drowning man clinging onto a log.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedrum (View Post)
my money's on killing them off
Mine too.
Old 01-24-2019, 02:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah, just like they were gonna kill off Rick Grimes on The Walking Dead. Oh wait, that's right... they didn't. And Fiege also said he wouldn't think of retconning Tony Stark's entire storyline in the MCU, so recasting will happen eventually after they decide who will pick up where RDJ left off. Chris Evans has not made a decision as yet. As far as just dumping the entire cast and going with a completely new set of heroes, well... Marvel Comics tried that recently and results weren't good, hence their "Fresh Start" titles. I know you guys love to fight me on this, but my track record when it comes to predicting what Hollywood will and won't do is a lot better than yours.
Old 01-24-2019, 05:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I know you guys love to fight me on this, but my track record when it comes to predicting what Hollywood will and won't do is a lot better than yours.
Untrue. Just because you've gotten a few things right doesn't mean we haven't gotten a few things right too. You've got no record that our ability to predict is any less than yours, so don't go getting big ideas. Actully I'll thank you not to come out with any statements like that in the future. It's not properly respectful FF posting.

Quote:
Yeah, just like they were gonna kill off Rick Grimes on The Walking Dead. Oh wait, that's right... they didn't.
Since when is the Wanking Dead relevant to what Disney does?

Quote:
nd Fiege also said he wouldn't think of retconning Tony Stark's entire storyline in the MCU, so recasting will happen eventually after they decide who will pick up where RDJ left off.
Considering you don't trust Kevin Feige, you seem to trust what he says an awful lot. Personally I've learned to take talk like that with a pinch of salt. You should try it sometime.

Quote:
Chris Evans has not made a decision as yet.
He made a decision long ago. He's just fudging it now. So maybe he'll appear in a few flashbacks in future movies, not going to make a big difference.

Quote:
As far as just dumping the entire cast and going with a completely new set of heroes, well... Marvel Comics tried that recently and results weren't good, hence their "Fresh Start" titles.
They've already got successful replacements. And the truth is that Marvel has done this sort of thing in the comics many times in the past, sometimes quite successfully. And the movies are different from the comics, different rules apply. Whereas in the comics audience there is a preference for white male heroes, that is not so true of the movies, which are watched by a far wider range of people. I expect to see Black Panther and Captain Marvel take up central roles in the movies in the upcoming years.

Now I suggest we change the subject before things get any more tense.

Last edited by sum1; 01-24-2019 at 06:21 PM
Old 01-24-2019, 07:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moving on from this topic...
Old 01-24-2019, 07:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

Indeed.
Old 01-25-2019, 09:10 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Rick's fate does give me some hope
Old 01-25-2019, 05:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah, but I gave up on The Walking Dead a long time ago, Rita.
Old 01-27-2019, 12:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

Screw the Wanking Dead.
Old 01-27-2019, 09:16 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Quote:
Yeah, but I gave up on The Walking Dead a long time ago, Rita.
it has reinvented itself many times and I respect that
Old 01-27-2019, 11:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

I don't like things that reinvent themselves.
Old 01-27-2019, 11:21 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

it shows imagination
Old 01-27-2019, 02:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
it has reinvented itself many times and I respect that
Those so-called reinventions were merely the show constantly having to course correct whenever one of their showrunners got fired or screwed up the show. And a lot of creative interference on the part of AMC. Glen Mazzara ruined the show by killing off Andrea and totally altering Rick's storyline by doing that. I gave up when I saw the show veering off into idiocy after that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
Screw the Wanking Dead.
Old 01-27-2019, 04:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
it shows imagination
It shows dishonesty, fickleness, unreliability, inconsistency. It shows you can't trust them. DC did reinventiion with Crisis on Infinite Earths in the mid-'80s and chucked 50 years of tradition and continuity to make flashy new comics.
Old 01-27-2019, 04:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Well said, sum1.