Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 04:19 PM
Master Fan

Diet & Exercise Thread #12! Support comes from all over! Gearing up for positive results.

Carry on

Here are the two pieces of equipment I use during Water Aerobics.

Water Resistant Weights for Arms

Water Resistance for Legs/Feet
---------------------

Health, Diet and Exercise Thread

.... It's our 12th thread! Let us keep on with our discussions, q&a, and support for those of us working out,
starting new exercise regimens and/or trying new ways of eating healthy...

Member Listing

Just ask if you would like to be added and let me know if you have a 'name' idea for our list members *hee*
Also if you have book/site suggestions you'd like to contribute, just PM the Thread Opener Person

• Astra
  • Zee
  • -Kelly-
  • kitty_cat
  • anitabehindhazeleyes (can post or PM with nutritional questions)
  • ellen-cheerleaderx
  • LivvieLove
  • Nele
  • ellu5
  • bh11000
  • ~*blackXS*~
  • TheAngel
  • Age-a-licious
  • laurenfan1
  • He Is Mighty To Save
  • AmeeAtomic

Website Links

Also, I thought it would be a good idea to start a listing of both Website Links & Recommended Books/Materials for both nutrition and exercise info... If you find a particular site or book especially helpful or information, please feel free to PM it to me or post it and I'll edit it in

Nutrition Info Links:

Exercise Info Links:

Books and Other Resources

* New Rules of Lifting for Women (by L. Schuler) ~ recommended by Astra (has lots of nutrition info & also workout routines)* The China Study (lots of info on how nutrition impacts our health) ~ recommended by Astra

Past Threads

Last edited by LLamacorn In Training; 02-18-2012 at 06:57 PM
Old 03-03-2011, 11:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the new thread

Thanks Chrissy I've looked on the zumba.com for places I'm going to a class on Thursday with a friend

actualreality86 - I don't go on the scales because looking that the weight numbers I've lost or put on....which I haven't put on but I still won't go on the scales I'm doing everything right in my eating habits

Doing my lite and easy diet (it's like jenny craig), Zumba, dancing, window shopping drinking water too.
Old 03-04-2011, 12:19 AM
Master Fan

-Kelly- Lol I'm the one who gave you the ideas for the websites LOL.

I know I really shouldn't step on and off the scale, but I will as much as I possibly can because if I SEE the numbers go down I'm more happier.
Old 03-04-2011, 11:29 AM
Elite Fan

awesome!

New thread happy dancin'!

Old 03-05-2011, 02:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

You did
Old 03-05-2011, 11:27 PM
Obsessed Fan

Last edited by Future husband of Kelly.; 04-02-2011 at 04:38 AM Reason: resigned from health forum
Old 03-06-2011, 09:15 PM
Ultimate Fan

Hi everyone!!

I started my diet in January and I have lost 6.3lbs so far. I am on weight watchers so I am proud that I am losing weight slow and at least it is coming off .
Old 03-06-2011, 10:18 PM
Master Fan

Stefanie that's awesome! Keep up the great work.
Old 03-06-2011, 10:57 PM
Ultimate Fan

Thanks!! I used to weigh 134lbs and now I weigh 127.7. I am 5'0 and I want to go down to 105lbs.
Old 03-07-2011, 12:41 AM
Elite Fan

Went for a 2 hour long walk yesterday.
Old 03-07-2011, 02:46 PM
Elite Fan

It's so great and inspiring to see how active everyone is and how healthfully you're eating! You truly inspire me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpioGrl (View Post)
Thanks!! I used to weigh 134lbs and now I weigh 127.7. I am 5'0 and I want to go down to 105lbs.
And you can totally do it!

I am similarly sized (5' 3" and was on the north side of 135 lbs at one point) and now I'm very close to what your goal weight is... so its definitely achievable!

For me, my initial motivation was less about how I looked but I just wanted to feel better... and now I do feel SO much better... less lethargic, I rarely get sick (knock on wood ) and my food choices are definitely better for me... though I admit I still have my indulgences but I'm okay with that

Keep up the great work! and keep us posted!

Old 03-08-2011, 02:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Congrats girls well done

I had to order smaller meals from lite and easy because I can't eat alot of the big meals sometimes, full of veggies I get really full now
My portion size has changed for the better even when I go out to eat somewhere I can't eat all of it, I used to eat all of it
Old 03-12-2011, 11:24 AM
Elite Fan

I feel so guilty. I ate a piece of cake and fries. Haven't cheated on my diet since December 31st. I suck.
Old 03-12-2011, 07:53 PM
Obsessed Fan

Last edited by Future husband of Kelly.; 04-02-2011 at 04:38 AM Reason: resigned from health forum
Old 03-13-2011, 03:01 AM
Master Fan

Congrats everyone!

Jenn, you can treat yourself every so often if you need that, go for it.

This past week I lost 4.8 pounds I'm really excited, because this is sort of a "motivational tool to continue" like thing. I ran into the personal trainer yesterday and he and I talked.

He's really hot too.. I was walking out of my weight watchers meeting and I told him how much I lost. He asked me how I felt about that, and I told him it felt great. He said "You have my number, you have my email address if you need me get a hold of me" because I mentioned how I might start with him over the summer. Even if I can drop 50 - 60 before school starts I want to be a fresh new person before fall semester.