Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 08:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Diet & Exercise #11: Have You Tried Fun Ways To Exercise?

Health, Diet and Exercise Thread

.... It's our 11th thread! Let us keep on with our discussions, q&a, and support for those of us working out,
starting new exercise regimens and/or trying new ways of eating healthy...

Member Listing

Just ask if you would like to be added and let me know if you have a 'name' idea for our list members *hee*
Also if you have book/site suggestions you'd like to contribute, just PM the Thread Opener Person

• Astra
  • Zee
  • -Kelly-
  • kitty_cat
  • anitabehindhazeleyes (can post or PM with nutritional questions)
  • ellen-cheerleaderx
  • LivvieLove
  • Nele
  • ellu5
  • bh11000
  • ~*blackXS*~
  • TheAngel
  • Age-a-licious
  • laurenfan1

Website Links

Also, I thought it would be a good idea to start a listing of both Website Links & Recommended Books/Materials for both nutrition and exercise info... If you find a particular site or book especially helpful or information, please feel free to PM it to me or post it and I'll edit it in

Nutrition Info Links:

Exercise Info Links:

Books and Other Resources

* New Rules of Lifting for Women (by L. Schuler) ~ recommended by Astra (has lots of nutrition info & also workout routines)* The China Study (lots of info on how nutrition impacts our health) ~ recommended by Astra

Past Threads

Last edited by -Kelly-; 06-07-2010 at 07:48 PM
Old 05-26-2010, 08:37 PM
Master Fan

Today was my first day with the personal trainer! I know I'm going to be sore tomorrow, but oh well..I'm just glad to be back in the gym.

Does anyone have any songs that make them just want to get up and work out?

My favorite work out song right now is Tik Tok!

Age-a-licious's Bootylicious Nsync Fanfiction Page
Old 05-26-2010, 08:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hi Age-a-licious I see you're not on the list, do you want to be added?

I had my very 1st Zumba class last night my friend went with me, we had a Ball there were so much laughing going on.
We're going back for more
Old 05-27-2010, 09:12 AM
Elite Fan

New thread!

Looks great!

I've heard Zumba is fun....

I really should try that as well as some other classes at my local gym... I go do my workout and at that point, I'm worn out...

Just need to try it once and forget my planned routine...

Again... Age-a-licious - how'd your ankle do in the workout?
Old 05-28-2010, 03:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Zumba is so much fun you should try it
Old 05-28-2010, 04:44 AM
Master Fan

Hey everyone!

Could i please join this thread?

My name is Sally, i'm trying to loose weight but have fallen off the bandwagon the past few weeks. I stress eat and since uni has been busy lately my diet kinda collapsed on itself.

I was hoping by joining this thread that i might be able to gain some support to help me keep working towards my goal.
Old 05-28-2010, 07:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Welcome Sally....I've added you now

I do stress eat too, and if I'm umm...bored or pigout weekends
Old 05-28-2010, 12:24 PM
Elite Fan

Welcome Sally! So glad to have you here!

I'm not so much a stress eater, but I can be a 'bored' eater... sitting in front of the TV, I fidget and need something to 'do'/eat...

So I am fighting that two ways...
1) just not having junk/crap food around to eat... Instead lots of fruit and/or pre-cut veggies & hummus to munch on... If the junk isn't there, I can't eat it!
and
2) I keep a food journal... I'm not so picky about it that I write down exact wt/quanity of food or calories/fat/sugars etc but just a line that says for example: 1/2 apple with peanut butter or small Greek yogurt with raspberries/blueberries... That way I'm forced to be mindful about what I'm eating and when.... You may want to try that and/or also write down how you're feeling when you 'crave' something. And then try something to distract yourself... Chew a piece of gum; drink flavored water.... Just get up and take a 5 minute walk... Just to reorient your point of view at the moment...

Just a thought!

What kind of diet were you on?
Old 05-28-2010, 03:34 PM
Supreme Fan

Welcome Sally
Passion, it lies in all of us. It speaks to us, guides us. Passion rules us all, and we obey. The joy of love, the clarity of hatred and the ecstasy of grief. It hurts sometimes more than we can bear. If we could live without passion maybe we'd know some kind of peace but we would be hollow. Without passion we'd be truly dead.
Barbara
icon by pinkpaisley_art
Old 05-29-2010, 02:04 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for the welcome guys!

Kelly i eat when i'm bored too ...bored, stressed, sad (i'm hopeless )

Quote:
sitting in front of the TV, I fidget and need something to 'do'/eat...
I do this too, i can't help myself sometimes! Unfortunately i can't get rid of the junk in our house because i'm still living at home, and my mum insists on having junk around for when my dad/brother feel like eating it. My sister and i have asked her to stop buying junk, or if that's not possible to buy less, but she doesn't want to, and that's that really.

Quote:
What kind of diet were you on?
I joined weightwatchers a couple of months ago and it was going really well, i lost 10% of my body weight. But then, like i said before, i kinda fell off the bandwagon for a few weeks. With WW you are advised to keep a food journal so i do that, and your right it helps alot.

I told myself i would start again today...but um ...yeah need to get back on this!
Old 05-31-2010, 04:22 AM
Supreme Fan

Hey,
I just saw I'm not on the list Can I please be added?
Anyway, I haven't run since Thursday of last week because I decided it would be a good idea to go and get shin splints. So I've been resting and icing and stretching and everything so I'm going to go for a run today. I got a sports massage on my calves and shins and that really seemed to help. It hurt when I was getting it, just because he was going over tender areas but it felt so good afterwords.
Basically, I've learned that shin splints may keep bugging me, but to totally get rid of them I'd have to rest for two weeks (and I can't afford to do that) and that I can get ahead of them as long as I'm careful, listen to my body, and use things like ice, compression, and an anti-inflammatory. So, hopefully, today's run will go well.
Old 05-31-2010, 03:21 PM
Master Fan

My ankle was fine while working out (sorry it took me so long to reply back)

Yes, I'd LOVE to be added to the list!

Age-a-licious's Bootylicious Nsync Fanfiction Page
Old 06-01-2010, 03:34 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
sitting in front of the TV, I fidget and need something to 'do'/eat...
I think everyone or almost everyone do the same thing. It´s a bad thing but people got used to eat when they´re watching tv, on cinema ...
Passion, it lies in all of us. It speaks to us, guides us. Passion rules us all, and we obey. The joy of love, the clarity of hatred and the ecstasy of grief. It hurts sometimes more than we can bear. If we could live without passion maybe we'd know some kind of peace but we would be hollow. Without passion we'd be truly dead.
Barbara
icon by pinkpaisley_art
Old 06-01-2010, 05:08 PM
Supreme Fan

To keep yourself from doing that, try to develop an activity that keeps your hands busy, like needlepoint or knitting or anything like that. You can even shuffle cards or pass a tennis ball back and forth between your hands. Eventually, you'll retrain your brain and teach it that you don't need a snack while watching TV and it won't be an issue anymore.
Old 06-02-2010, 02:34 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAngel (View Post)
To keep yourself from doing that, try to develop an activity that keeps your hands busy, like needlepoint or knitting or anything like that. You can even shuffle cards or pass a tennis ball back and forth between your hands. Eventually, you'll retrain your brain and teach it that you don't need a snack while watching TV and it won't be an issue anymore.
That´s a very good idea! I have to try that
Barbara
icon by pinkpaisley_art
Closed Thread   Post New Thread