Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2014, 03:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, exactly. I hope that kind of role does come for him eventually.
Old 08-07-2014, 06:50 AM
Elite Fan

I love MBJ so much

M i r a n d a .
Old 08-08-2014, 04:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I know. I bet you wouldn't mind Corbin taking the same route!
Old 08-08-2014, 07:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah I remember when MBJ was on All My Children soap as Reggie and Amanda Seyfried was his girlfriend on it.

The Wire really helped MBJ gain fans and then I think it was Chronicles and then
Fruitvale Station really made people stand up and notice because it was critcally acclaimed. He just needs to continue choosing good roles. I am not happy he is doing the Fantastic 4 reboot but whatever.

So Corbin just needs a movie that will make people take notice and then hopefully he can get more roles.

"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear" - Nelson Mandela
Old 08-09-2014, 04:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, I don't think anyone is happy about that reboot, tbh, no matter who's in it.

I do hope that project comes along for Corbin eventually. I really think he has potential.
Old 08-09-2014, 02:25 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fifty springs (View Post)
I know. I bet you wouldn't mind Corbin taking the same route!
I would not mind at all

M i r a n d a .
Old 08-09-2014, 09:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by fifty springs (View Post)
Yeah, I don't think anyone is happy about that reboot, tbh, no matter who's in it.

I do hope that project comes along for Corbin eventually. I really think he has potential.
I agree, he has the potential, just need the role to showcase it.

"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear" - Nelson Mandela
Old 08-10-2014, 03:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Which, unfortunately, seems to be hard to find.
Old 08-10-2014, 08:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

He does!
Old 08-10-2014, 10:26 AM
Elite Fan

I feel like a lot of it depends on who you know

M i r a n d a .
Old 08-10-2014, 06:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by begin again (View Post)
I feel like a lot of it depends on who you know
That's everywhere really which is annoying. It definitely plays a part in Hollywood but if you get that role and fans love you and you become the next big thing...esp for male actors, he will get roles. However, you have to show the acting chops because a next hot male actor comes along and you get puhed to the side esp if you can't act. Happened to loads of other males stars. You remember male stars in middle to late 90's? Andrew Keegan, Devon Sawa etc, many people spoke about them so much...now where are they? Orlando Bloom got lucky staring in POTC and LOTR but he can't act really so where is he now.

Old 08-11-2014, 06:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, exactly. I think it's actually not only for males, but also for females - the next hot thing comes along and you're replaced. That's how Hollywood works, unfortunately, unless you manage to snag one of those roles that set you for life... or if you really have talent, but even then popularity is still a huge factor.
Old 08-11-2014, 08:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah you are correct, it's both male and female. You also have to make sure that when you are the next hot thing, you walk a fine line, don't do too much that audience burn out becomes a factor, because they can get tired of you if they see you in too many things. Overexposure can really harm your career.

I remember when they were trying to make Ryan Reynolds happen and he did X Men, The Proposal, Buried, Green Lantern etc and they were trying to turn him into this A lister that could open films and it didn't work out. Same for Taylor Kitsch, tried to make him into a star by doing John Carter, battleship etc and they flopped hard. Channing Tatum is the hot thing now, but now people are talking about the actor from Guardians of Galaxy

I don't really care for the next hot thing, I want someone who can act well (the big talents). There are some who because of talent, Directors send them scrip and try and talk to them so they star in their movie.

Old 08-12-2014, 04:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, exactly. Fame is just really fleeting, unfortunately. But I think you have to be extraordinarily talented if people really judge you by mainly your talents. There's enough talented actors out there who are still very dependent on their fame (people like Jennifer Lawrence come to mind).
Old 08-12-2014, 09:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah you are correct, although people are becoming tired of her, mainly when she gives interviews, sometimes I think she tries too hard. I was never huge fan of hers.

I like the older actresses who don't rely on fame and actually have the talent, too many younger ones do things to try and stay relevant so people talk about them which make me dislike them.

Last edited by Monique19; 08-12-2014 at 09:13 AM