Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-18-2008, 10:02 AM
Moderator Support Team

PrP Episode Discussion Thread - 2.06 - Serving Two Masters

Serving Two Masters

Addison treats two pregnant women who unknowingly share the same husband.

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 11-20-2008, 03:36 AM
Passionate Fan

Addison is still a bit annoying. She was majorly overstepping this episode-- though it also seemed in character, so . Her and Kevin was ok, although I'm still not into them. But I liked her opening up and talking at the end-- in a Shonda show! Shocking!

Dell having a daughter was a good twist. I am interested in his storyline finally.

I actually enjoyed Sam and Naomi. I'm glad Naomi is no longer being ridiculous. Cooper/Charlotte/Violet was good too. Overall it was an ok episode.

Last edited by infinite sadness; 11-20-2008 at 03:46 AM
Old 11-21-2008, 09:55 AM
Moderator Support Team

okay.. I watched the new episode

Addison.. looked hot... hot ... hot.. all through the episode. but its really starting to bug me that she wants to change the whole world. Yes she is right about all the things.. Yes it does suck to get cheated on. YES it isnt right to be married to two woman but why does it always has to be her who does something against it? it seems like she is the only one who cares. But shonda makes her look so desperate.

I am really starting to like cooper and charlotte and they are funny.. hehe the thing with the tongue lol

of course I also adored cooper and Violet and that Violet wants him to be happy.. they really are best friends

Sam and Naomi.. so they are seperated now.. again.. but have storylines which always leads them to think about their past relationship... I still think they will get together again in the end.. no matter of how many distractions they will hit along the way

Pete has a woman? since when? I mean sure there was meg.. but she is gone

Addie / Kevin - lol she was stalking him? poor Addie and her trust issues... its sad to see how much her old life still affects her. I am glad she opened up in the end.. Kate really did a great job in the end of the episode.. Still.. There is something about Kevin I dont like and I still see no chemistry

There was a little Pete and Addie scene .. yay... altough I wished they would have shown more than just that little little bit about how you are attracted to someone and such

Dell has a daughter.. surprising but nice storyline.

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 11-21-2008, 01:14 PM
Passionate Fan

^Yeah, I was confused about Pete having a woman too. I thought Meg left last episode. Did I miss something?
Old 11-21-2008, 08:43 PM
Loyal Fan

I think that this may have been one of my favorite episodes so far.

Violet/Cooper/Charlotte: The scene in the kitchen when everyone tries to pry information out of Charlotte was genius! Amy Brenneman played it brilliantly. I enjoyed seeing Charlotte and Violet's tension over Cooper, but I'm glad Violet thought better of butting into their relationship and left Charlotte's secret for her to tell.

Sam/Naomi: The parallels between Henry/Frances and the Bennetts were obvious, but I didn't appreciate them any less b/c of that. Their last scene together, and the speech about love changing, but lasting, gives me hope for these two.

Addison/Kevin: Great opening scene! These two are great together. Addison's freakout had me frustrated b/c I could see her setting herself up to be hurt and/or hurt Kevin. I was happy to see that she was honest with him, though. Her past doesn't excuse her distrust of him, but in that moment she trusted him enough believe he'd understand what she did.

I'm really looking forward to next week!

ETA: And Dell is a daddy! I'm excited to see what this new development will mean for his character.
Sam: No, it's my breathing. It gets bad when I get worked up, so I need an inhaler. . . . I'm prepared to line up 10 inhalers if that's what it takes, b/c if you mess with Naomi--if you even think about screwing with her--I will take you out. icon by charmingnotion
Old 11-22-2008, 09:13 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite sadness (View Post)
^Yeah, I was confused about Pete having a woman too. I thought Meg left last episode. Did I miss something?
hmm I was asking that myself.. I mean ... he didnt tell that meg and he were exclusive did he? or that she would be coming back.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 11-22-2008, 01:48 PM
Extreme Fan

I'm not sure what to think about this episode. I guess I didn't like it much.

The best in the episode, like always, were group scenes. For me they are a proof how great are the actors. I wish that writers had at least a half of the talent the actors have. The scene in a bar when Cooper left with Charlotte was fantastic and Sam's and Pete's faces were priceless. And then the kitchen scene with Violet. Both scenes were hilarious and very well acted.

Both medical cases were totally unreal and contrived. The case with older couple was actually good in the beginning, but they of course had to butcher the end. How realistic was that the lady woke up and she immediately knew what's going on and that she should agree to be put in the nursery house? Wouldn't she need some more time to adjust to the situation?

The two wives case was stupid. I don't believe that any guy would bring his another wife to the same practice. I know, supposedly Addison is the only doctor in the whole world who could find the baby's condition And talking about Addison, she is more and more annoying with every episode. Sure, the guy was disgusting, but who she is to to judge her patients and step into their personal lives. And what she did was illegal, she has no right to tell one patient about another, even if they share the same husband. And by "tell" I mean that she also had no right to orchestrate their meeting.

I don't like what they do with Addison's character. I can see the agenda, they want viewers to be impressed with how supposedly great Addison is, being all superior, both professional and moral, to others, but it's not working. At least not for me. It actually makes me like Addison less and less.

I liked Dell and his daughter, finally he has some storyline.

Violet/Cooper/Charlotte storyline continues to be good.

Am I the only one who wasn't surprised by Pete's remark about "his woman"? Sure, Meg left and she didn't promise that she will be back, but she sort of gave him hope. When he asked her to come back, she thanked him for what he said and promised that she will try to give up smoking. I guess it was her way for saying that he is very important for her (considering that once she said that she is not going to change for anybody, but now she wants to change for him). I actually like it that Pete still considers Meg his woman. She is away, he can't be 100% sure that she will come back, but still he is faithful to her and doesn't want to flirt with girls in bars. I think it speaks volumes about his character.
Old 11-23-2008, 09:54 AM
Passionate Fan

I agree that making Addie so high and mighty all the time is making her less likeable. She was always flawed and aware of it in Grey's. More importantly, she was totally non-judgmental of her patients there. She was one of the most professional doctors at SGH, if you ask me. (Sure, she had her moments where she broke down, but in comparison to the others she was still way better about keeping personal life and work separate).

And even though bigamy is illegal, Addison doesn't have the right to do anything about it. At least as far as I'm aware, doctor-patient priviledge can only be breached if the doctor has reason to believe someone may be in physical danger. Otherwise, everything is invalid. I don't think Addison's testimony could be used against the guy in court, for example.
Old 11-23-2008, 10:12 AM
Extreme Fan

Yeah, that's also what I heard. There are really very few cases, when doctor can break doctor-patient confidentiality.

Besides, if Addison really had right to tell both women, or even it was her duty to report it, then why she just didn't do it and why she was so afraid that Pete would report her. If she was allowed to do it, she wouldn't need any strange gimmicks, like arranging both womens' meeting. She could just tell Pete to back off and would tell both women and called the police. Instead she was all manipulative. Why? Because she knew, that what she is going to do, is illegal.
By the way, if Pete decided to report her to AMA, it wouldn't help her, that she didn't literally "tell" single word. What she did was also a breach of doctor-patient priviledge.
Old 11-23-2008, 10:37 AM
Moderator Support Team

I agree with you. I also didnt like it like I have mentioned in my post. I mean sure the whole cheating part was a sore subject for Addison (being cheated on and having cheated herself) still... its not on her to change the world and I dont know what Shonda wants to prove with making Addison the center and changer of it all. Doesnt make much sense to me if viewers start to dislike the leading character.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 11-25-2008, 09:40 AM
Moderator Support Team

yeah me as crazy fan will stick to her but still dont like everything she does... hope Shonda will see that.. because yes.. others that arent fans of her yet.. maybe think she is too forward and stuff

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 11-25-2008, 10:05 AM
Graphics Team Manager
Moderator Support Team

Okay Addie was great in this episode! I didn't really like her stalking Kevin or the Laura/AMy thing but well that was Addie-like. And i so knew that Leslie would be a man not a woman..

Charlotte wasgreat and i loved her short hair! Cooper and Violet were sweet but nothing special.. it was really funny when they were at the bar and then realized C/C are dating.

I liked Addie's storyline a lot and it was VERY fitting to the episode.

Kate was amazing in the end with Kevin. And she looked HOTTTT in the whole episode.

Sam/Naomi.. :snore: BORING! and their alzheimer storyline was kinda sweet but not very interesting.. I can't wait to see the next epi thou!

WOW Dell ebing a dad i totally didn't see this coming until i saw the kid. I knew instantly. But well he is kinda dad-ish in a way..
KATE. | icon
Old 09-26-2010, 04:59 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addison Breathtakingly Beautiful (View Post)
hmm I was asking that myself.. I mean ... he didnt tell that meg and he were exclusive did he? or that she would be coming back.

Hope that doesn't mean that Meg will return, don't like her.

Wesley Wyndam Price a bigamist, not too bright either.

Bringin wifey #1 to OW, dude was basically asking to get caught.

Very contrived and ridiculous move by the writers.

Maggie Seaver directed this eppy, very cool!