Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2008, 07:32 PM
Part-Time Fan

I think Gwen may be the most annoying character in the history of T.V., even Lana Lang wouldn't seem quite so annoying next to her.

Actually, I just remembered Dawson Leery, he's definitely more annoying than Gwen. [/Random]

Great episode though, loved Captain John and all the Jack/John scenes.

Loved the trailer, Martha! wouldn't it be awesome if she replaced Gwen?
Old 01-21-2008, 12:10 AM
Elite Fan

I finally managed to watch the episode and I loved it

Everyone was so brilliant and that scene where John thought a poodle was gorgeous?
|it's about time
Mrs.Almeida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 11:57 PM
Master Fan

Coming a bit late to the party, but I finally saw this ep tonight. I definitely thought it was better than most of last season's eps, and I always like James Marsters (Captain John had a lot of old school Spike in him).

A few things in the ep still had me rolling my eyes though - like when they were chasing the car at the beginning, and Owen had to lean all the way out of the window to shoot when he was supposed to be driving - why was that necessary? There were three other people in the car, surely it made more sense for one of them to lean out a window and shoot, rather than getting the driver to do it. Welcome to Torchwood.

And I know a lot of you folks enjoy the shipper aspects of the show, but for me, it was really too much in this ep. I mean, I don't mind Jack being flirty and all, but he had serious one on one relationship moments with at least three different characters in the space of about 10 minutes. It just felt like they are still trying much too hard to be "adult" again.

That said, I did like the cool but subtle Doctor Who references - beyond Jack mentioning the Doctor, there were also oblique references to his adventures in the DW season finale, Captain John had Jack's concealed gun from Bad Wolf, and that story about the time loop (something that appeared in an old Fourth Doctor serial).
Raonaild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 09:32 PM
Master Fan

BBCA finally played Kiss Kiss Bang Bang tonight. I loved it...

Smashing! Bloody brilliant!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raonaild
I don't mind Jack being flirty and all, but he had serious one on one relationship moments with at least three different characters in the space of about 10 minutes.
That's exactly what I about Cap'n Jack! Different strokes...

Can't wait for the next eppie -- I'll be playing this one over and over and over while I wait for the next.
Jason Behr Obsessee #165 and damn proud of it!
Gareth David-Lloyd / Ianto Jones Obsessee No. 12 -- And I’m ready for it!
maxkyleshpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 10:23 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Jason Behr
Henry Cavill

I saw the premier on BBC America tonight too. Bloody fantastic!!! I loved the episode.

I'll definitely be re-watching plenty of times too until the next episode. I know I could download or whatever since we're behind, but I prefer watching the actual broadcast. The next one can't get here soon enough.

I loved all the Jack/Ianto, Jack/John, and Jack/Gwen scenes. Totally true that Jack can have chemistry with just about anyone.

Loved James Marsters!!

So many great quotes and scenes in this episode.
Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 11:59 PM
Obsessed Fan

Just saw it on BBC America too. So excellent! James Marsters on Torchwood- too awesome too describe.

And definitely felt reminicent of Firefly with the poison lips, . Loved that.

And "Has he told you of the no kissing rule? He only says that cause he wants me all to himself."

I'm looking forward to next week, but I do wish Captain John was a more frequent character. He's so enthralling!

icon credit- rockin_graphix Thanks!
oywidapoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 06:47 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by oywidapoodles (View Post)
...And definitely felt reminicent of Firefly with the poison lips, . Loved that.
I thought of Firefly too!

Quote:
And "Has he told you of the no kissing rule? He only says that cause he wants me all to himself."
So cute! I loved it!

Quote:
I'm looking forward to next week, but I do wish Captain John was a more frequent character. He's so enthralling!

I'd love to see Cap'n John around regularly!
Jason Behr Obsessee #165 and damn proud of it!
Gareth David-Lloyd / Ianto Jones Obsessee No. 12 -- And I’m ready for it!
maxkyleshpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 09:28 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Jason Behr
Henry Cavill

I'm with you guys. I'd love to see more of Captain John.
Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 04:29 PM
Total Fan

I saw the episode last night. I knew the poisoned lips bit sounded familiar but I couldn't remember from where. It's been too long since I've watched my Firefly DVDs.

One thing I haven't seen mentioned (unless my eyes are as bad as my memory) was Captain John suggesting an orgy and Ianto seemingly considering the option (his eyes looking around before he refocused on the situation). That was one of my favorite parts.
dukesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 07:20 AM
Elite Fan

That was the scene from the preview of episode 2 where Owen suggested having an Orgy because it was 'the end of the world...again' and Ianto felt it'd be a bad idea...
Camibra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 04:36 PM
Elite Fan

Those are 2 different scenes,John. Dukesmom's right...Captain John was caught putting that pyramid thing together and offered the gang 50 % which he said was a good deal....or an orgy if anyone was up for it. Ianto looked around at the others as if HE'D like to consider it...but the moment passed.
Berengaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 03:02 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks to kokopuf for finding this link at icwales

Captain Jack and friends top BBC2 ratings

Feb 1 2008 by David James, South Wales Echo

IT’S not just the aliens fleeing in terror.

Cardiff-set sci-fi series Torchwood has blasted its way straight to the top of BBC2’s ratings.

Despite some criticism of its fruitier storylines, newly-released official figures show the second series’ first episode recorded 1m more viewers than anything else on BBC 2 that week.

In its first week on the terrestrial channel, 4.2m people watched John Barrowman’s team of alien investigators see off a threat from Buffy star James Masters’ rogue time agent.

That figure does not include the 1.1m people who watched the child-friendly pre-watershed version and the 250,000 who saw the BBC3 repeat.

Insiders at BBC Wales’ Llandaff headquarters, where the show is produced, are pleased with the figures and are already turning their minds to consider a third series.

A source said: “The average for the slot on BBC2 is 2.8 million. Heroes averaged 2.3m so it’s doing incredibly well.”

The show has won positive reviews, with one national newspaper describing it as “significantly sharper than its prime-time BBC1 cousin, Doctor Who”.

The reviewer said: “That’s the brilliant thing about Torchwood: everyday Cardiff hums alongside psychotic blowfish and time loops. In between the dizzying action, there are gorgeous shots of its orange street-lit arteries.”

Overnight figures for episodes two and three show the adult-themed sci-fi drama is holding on to its 14 per cent audience share pulling in 3.4m and 3.2m viewers before the number of people who record it to watch later are added.

In the USA, where Torchwood was BBC America’s biggest show, reviewers have praised the show with one saying:

“It’s sci-fi for grown ups, a rare treat.”
Berengaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread