Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2015, 03:42 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shadow Strikes (View Post)
Those early stories were on the lightweight side, but even as a fan of this era, I can see why some were/are put off the 7th Doctor. But the quality of the stories did improve, even if the budget didn't.
Good point. Likewise with The Happiness Patrol, it feels out of place within series 25, and a lot like a series 24 story.
Old 01-18-2015, 04:06 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Good point. Likewise with The Happiness Patrol, it feels out of place within series 25, and a lot like a series 24 story.
See, admittedly its been years since I last saw Paradise Towers and Happiness Patrol, but while Paradise Towers may fit in S25, I think so does Happiness Patrol, as while it appeared to be a bit silly, it was actually one of the most darkly political stories the show has done imo...
Old 01-18-2015, 07:48 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almeida's Army (View Post)
See, admittedly its been years since I last saw Paradise Towers and Happiness Patrol, but while Paradise Towers may fit in S25, I think so does Happiness Patrol, as while it appeared to be a bit silly, it was actually one of the most darkly political stories the show has done imo...
Agreed, it had an undercurrent to it didnt it. I would say Silver Nemesis was more like Season 24 than The Happiness Patrol, it was lightweight for an anniversary story.
Old 01-19-2015, 04:17 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderM (View Post)
Agreed, it had an undercurrent to it didnt it. I would say Silver Nemesis was more like Season 24 than The Happiness Patrol, it was lightweight for an anniversary story.
Or Greatest Show in the Galaxy even
Old 02-11-2015, 10:04 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Or Greatest Show in the Galaxy even
Again, very true, I can totally see watching it after Dragonfire as part of the same season.
Old 04-28-2015, 12:40 PM
Extreme Fan

Thoughts on the new 7th Doctor theme?

For clarity, lets listen to the original 7th Doctor theme, composed by Keff Muculloch, and used on tv between 1987-1989, and all the audios since:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWUUAXei1J8

Now let's listen to the theme that will be used in the 7th Doctors New Adventures adaptions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_HvnkTGG9Q

I like it... very orchestral.
Old 04-28-2015, 01:54 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah I love it. Big Finish do fantastic renditions of the theme, Light At The End being my favourite version.
Old 05-02-2015, 04:00 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Thoughts on the new 7th Doctor theme?

For clarity, lets listen to the original 7th Doctor theme, composed by Keff Muculloch, and used on tv between 1987-1989, and all the audios since:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWUUAXei1J8

Now let's listen to the theme that will be used in the 7th Doctors New Adventures adaptions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_HvnkTGG9Q

I like it... very orchestral.
oh tehy have them on youtube?
Old 05-09-2015, 10:24 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Yeah I love it. Big Finish do fantastic renditions of the theme, Light At The End being my favourite version.
I also enjoyed the theme for The Light at the End. I also loved how it was set before Survival, and both stories were Ace's 'first' episode with the Master.
Old 05-10-2015, 01:36 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
I also enjoyed the theme for The Light at the End. I also loved how it was set before Survival, and both stories were Ace's 'first' episode with the Master.
Aces is in it ? I like her
Old 05-10-2015, 09:25 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Its a great story... Plot didn't always make sense, but I'd take it over Day of the Doctor!
Old 05-10-2015, 09:30 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Its a great story... Plot didn't always make sense, but I'd take it over Day of the Doctor!
Oh it hit all the right notes and involved all the classic Doctors in some way or another. Miles ahead of what The Day of the Doctor accomplished.
Old 05-11-2015, 05:30 AM
Moderator Support Team

^ that's good I wish they could do anothe part to the day of the doctor one with the classic doctors
Old 09-17-2015, 09:11 PM
Absolute Fan

I sometimes think the fun was not there in Season 26 because of the mature themes that were emerging, and that kind of took away my enjoyment if the show. I did like Ace though! I just felt Season 25 was more fun.
Old 09-17-2015, 11:32 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I sometimes think the fun was not there in Season 26 because of the mature themes that were emerging, and that kind of took away my enjoyment if the show. I did like Ace though! I just felt Season 25 was more fun.
See I personally think there are perfect blends of the two modes which is why my favourite tv story for Sylvester is Remembrance of the Daleks as that had funny momenrs (switching in the car, cliffhanger to part 3 and the rice pudding quip) but also fully embraced the dark edge they were developing.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread