Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2010, 07:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't know if he would have been pushed that far as he didn't have the same God complex that the Tenth Doctor developed. But then the Ninth Doctor always had Rose to lean on and keep him human, maybe if he lost her in the way that the Tenth Doctor did then he could have been driven to the same extremes?

CE affected me enough with Parting Of The Ways and "Have a good life. Do tht for me, Rose. Have a fantastic life". It's probably a good thing that he wasn't playing the Doomsday scenes cause he would have killed me I do like DT's playing of the Doctor, but it's really Billie Piper I remember the most from those final Doomsday scenes and how her crying broke my heart. Whereas if it was CE she was playing opposite there, I suspect the whole thing would have been even more sad to me and I would have cried myself into a fit
Old 11-09-2010, 07:53 AM
Elite Fan

I think that's true, Rose somehow gave Nine a reason to give things a second look.
Old 11-09-2010, 12:11 PM
Master Fan

Here's my take on this: I think that the Ninth Doctor, as he was at the time of Parting of the Ways, wouldn't have done what Ten did in Waters of Mars because he was holding on to the concept that he shouldn't change history, even if he could. He'd just recently been through the Time War, and it was implied that he had made the decision not to go back and try to change things on principle, that maybe he could have done something but he wouldn't because 'everything has its time and everything dies'.

By the time of Waters of Mars, I think it's implied that the Doctor has started questioning this belief. He has the power to change time, why not do it, who would stop him? Why not make things better? What has doing the principled thing gotten him? Had it been Nine rather than Ten in this position, after what he goes through in between, he might have ended up in the same place.

And I agree, the fact that Ten was travelling alone during the specials was part of the reason he ended up in that frame of mind. His companions grounded him, without them he became detatched from how 'normal' people live their lives in the universe.
Old 11-27-2010, 01:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Adult Content Notice
Old 12-07-2010, 03:56 AM
Elite Fan

Saw G.I Joe a few days ago. Ok, didn't think it was a really good movie. But it was worth watching because of Chris.
Old 01-03-2011, 03:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

finished series 1 a few days ago, please add me! he was different from how i saw Matt play him, but i really did like how he played the doctor and i definitely was sad when his reign ended!
& it hits me when the lights go on. s---, maybe i miss you
miss you by louis tomlinson
BUY IT ON ITUNESSTREAM IT ON SPOTIFY
▌casey · © ·
Old 01-24-2011, 07:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Welcome
Old 01-24-2011, 09:32 AM
Elite Fan

Welcome
Old 02-28-2011, 12:59 PM
Addicted Fan

Welcome I'll add you now! I've been neglecting this thread, shame on me!

We are all stories in the end
Old 05-01-2011, 11:20 AM
Extreme Fan

I've just started to watch this series and right off the bat I fell in love with Doctor Nine. Noctor Nine...The word to describe him would be intense.
What a great way to be introduced to the series, what a great first Doctor and I love his relationship with Rose Tyler. Dave Tennant and Matt Smith may be more popular, but I think Christopher Eccleston brought so much humanity to the role and so much emotional depth into the character.

I was blown away when I watch "Dalek" and "The Parting of the Ways".
Old 05-02-2011, 06:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelphia Kenny (View Post)
Dave Tennant and Matt Smith may be more popular, but I think Christopher Eccleston brought so much humanity to the role and so much emotional depth into the character.
That's exactly how I feel His performances in End Of The World, Dalek, Bad Wolf, and Parting Of The Days were especially powerful. Episodes like The Doctor Dances and Boomtown showed that he can really bring the comedy too
Old 05-02-2011, 02:01 PM
Extreme Fan

I have to say the most intense he ever got was in Father's Day where Rose saves her dad's life and causes time to flux. The way he looked at Rose, with such disappointed eyes bore right through me.

He's ridiculously romantic and would do anything for Rose. When he thought she was dead, he almost completely shut down, when she was locked in with the Dalek, the desperation of facing a world without her could be seen in his eyes.

It's so easy to get lost in his eyes, they are such a bright blue.
Old 05-02-2011, 02:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

He does have beautiful eyes

Hee I love this from tumblr Frelling Tralk, When people say Nine wasn't a good Doctor
Old 05-02-2011, 03:05 PM
Extreme Fan

One of my favourite moments with Nine is when he and Rose hug each other in "Boomtown". My god was that cute.
I cried buckets when I saw him regenerate, sure, it's the same character but he'll never be like he was in Series One.
He will always, always be my first Doctor.

You know at first, I was like this:
"So, I have to watch this Doctor to get to Dave Tennant's version. Well, let's go."

Then, in only nine seconds I was like...
"Damn, this guy is just mesmerizing."

I fell in love with him, in only nine seconds!
Old 05-02-2011, 04:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelphia Kenny (View Post)
One of my favourite moments with Nine is when he and Rose hug each other in "Boomtown". My god was that cute.
I cried buckets when I saw him regenerate, sure, it's the same character but he'll never be like he was in Series One.
He will always, always be my first
POTW was devastating with the way he says Rose was fantastic, and then does that funny little smile when he says "so was I"

Normally I don't find Nothern accents all that sexy to be honest , but I just love the way he says "fantastic", gives me shivers in the finale with him and Rose when he tells her to have a fantastic life