Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2011, 07:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Episode Discussion: 6x08 "Let's Kill Hitler"

Doctor Who Episode 6x08 "Let's Kill Hitler"

Quote:
He's back! The Doctor makes a triumphant return in Let's Kill Hitler, an epic, blockbuster of an episode that reunites the Doctor with Amy and Rory. Within minutes they're crashing through time and spinning towards Berlin in the 1930s where more horrors than one must be faced and defeated...
7:10pm, Saturday, 27 August, BBC One
Old 08-26-2011, 08:41 AM
Elite Fan

This might be a bit cynical of me but when I heard this would be about Hitler all I could think about was that they are just going to use fake German actors (again!) and also include all the standard stuff every other foreign film/tv show used with this topic.
I usually try to avoid watching anything related to this that is considered 'entertainment' and I almost don't want to watch it because I just know that I am going to end up rolling my eyes for 90% of the time anyway.

So yeah ... it's back.
|it's about time
Mrs.Almeida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 09:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

yeah, that's pretty much how I feel, too. Might be because it's more personal for us, but to me there is nothing entertaining or funny about the subject, so I'm really hoping they handle it in a classy manner. Guess we'll have to wait and see... but I am also a bit apprehensive.
Old 08-27-2011, 01:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I can see your POV but where do you draw the line, what about the up and coming 9/11 anv, there are loads of programs gonna air and over the last 10 years there has been many programs and movies made on the topic or with it as a background.

I'm sure the new ep with be entertaining and tread the topic with respect.
lancer1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 06:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think I speak for both of us when I say that that's not really what we meant - the broad sense of entertainment as movies or documentaries is absolutely fine, it's just when shows use it as something to make fun of... and let's be honest, DW can be a bit silly at times and especially with this title... I don't know. We'll have to wait and see.
Old 08-27-2011, 07:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

yes i'm interested to see how tonight's new episode will play out too.
Old 08-27-2011, 10:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm just excited to see the show be returning with a new episode

Chrissy |
red velvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 12:03 PM
Obsessed Fan

So much Doctor/River goodness!

And I KNEW he was the one who gave her the diary! I knew it! And I also called the fact that she'd use her regenerations to save him at some point.

Gah, Alex Kingston was brilliant!

And slowly dialing back the age just to freak people out. So now we know why River looked younger in SitL/FotD than she does now.

And lastly: confirmation that Time Ladies/Lords can change the color of their skin! (Although, if they can change hair and eye pigment - and even sex - then that comes as no surprise to me, though I'm glad to have confirmation.)
Princess Pinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 12:08 PM
Elite Fan

The episode was really really good. I was a bit worried at first cause Hitler is not really a subject you can laugh about (IMO) but the episode was not about that at all after all.
I do feel like I have more questions now than when I started the episode

I would hate to miss another boat
milestogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 12:28 PM
Master Fan

The episode was amazing. I missed the beginning so I'm gonna have to rewatch on iplayer later on. I feel like I am more confused than ever, but it was amazing.

Amy/Eleven's friendship is the best thing ever
Doctor/River is starting to grow on me
Matt Smith is amazing as the doctor.

I'm sure I'll have more comments later.
Old 08-27-2011, 01:23 PM
Obsessed Fan

So I've been speculating for a long time that River and the TARDIS have a special bond:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Pinky (View Post)
I don't get the impression she's jealous of River. If anything, we've been shown that River and the TARDIS have a bond. Just rewatch "The Pandorica Opens" and "The Big Bang." River talks to the TARDIS just like The Doctor does: "What's the matter with you? [...] Okay? You okay now?" The TARDIS also chooses to put her into a time loop to save her life and of all the people in the universe to choose from, the TARDIS actively chooses River to reroute The Doctor's most important calls to (even when she's in the Storm Cage). I feel that we're going to see a much stronger bond develop between River and the TARDIS in the future.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raonaild (View Post)
I still wonder who taught River to fly a TARDIS the way she does. It clearly wasn't the Doctor, because she flies it in a totally different way to the way he does, and she seems to know things about the TARDIS that he doesn't (and vice-versa, he knows things that she doesn't). And I can't imagine that River's extra knowledge comes from any sort of bond with the TARDIS - the TARDIS clearly has a strong bond with the Doctor, he's "her thief", and if she had a problem with the way he flies surely she would have shown him otherwise long before she would ever try to educate River.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Pinky (View Post)
I seriously doubt that. She had a problem with the way he opened her doors for 700 years and she never corrected him. He's stubborn and she knows that, so even if she had corrected him, she probably also knew he wouldn't have changed his ways. (He clearly opened her doors wrong on purpose as he knew he pushes - every time - instead of pulls.) I can, however, see River being agreeable to learning to fly the TARDIS correctly, so I can absolutely imagine a bond between them comes into play. Just because she has her biggest bond with The Doctor doesn't mean she can't have different bonds with anyone else.
So, this episode confirms that the TARDIS taught River to fly her, for River is: "The Child of the TARDIS."

The Doctor, River, and the TARDIS. Now if only we could get Jenny aboard, it would be the perfect family unit!
Princess Pinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 02:39 PM
Elite Fan

Okay, I'm a little confused.
Old 08-27-2011, 03:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So worth the wait, love every minute of it even if it was confusing at the start.

For a moment I thought they might use the robot to replace the Doctor. Kind of a shame we won't get to see the baby but I like the start with Mel and them growing up together.

Good the Hitler was just a side story in the ep.

ETA - also forgot we had spoilers about the previous companions, but somehow I knew they wouldn't be in it much
Old 08-27-2011, 03:10 PM
Elite Fan

So Melody was definitely the girl in the alley in New York that regenerated. And she somehow finds her way to England, and befriends her own parents as Mels. All for the sole purpose of doing what she was programmed to do, which is kill the Doctor. It's Wibbly wobbly timey wimey overkill.

She is a bad girl.

Last edited by scififan2009; 08-27-2011 at 03:38 PM
scififan2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 03:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I have to check that, did Mel age while with her parents as kids?
Reply   Post New Thread