Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2016, 05:52 PM
Moderator Support Team

True .

Yes i love how they explain that the tardis does change i would love to see what other people see it as .

Susan so young her freaking out understandable. . They only have each other
Old 02-21-2016, 05:56 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
That, of course, is the assumption that the Doctor and Susan went straight from Gallifrey to 1963... I think they went to a couple of places before that
Oh, I didn't mean it went straight there. I just meant, it was in a repair shop and now is in a junkyard. Like eventually going from bad to worse or from the frying pan to the fire.

I don't think the s9 flashcards are insulting. With each regeneration comes a new physiology. Doctor 11 was overly physical and Doctor 12 hates being touched. He may be the same man all 2,000+ years, but each regeneration causes different setbacks. And 11 spent 900 years on Trenzalore watching every single living being he encountered be born, age, and die. Over and over and over. With each generation. That has to have effected him. Especially since he *hates* goodbyes. Now more than ever he sees humans as mayflies.
Old 02-21-2016, 05:57 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilywiccan (View Post)
Susan was only 15 so she probably didn't know "TARDIS" is what everyone on Gallifrey called the spaceship time machine capsules. She never said she completely made up the name. She surmised it. Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

"The leader is the one who makes fire." I think this was meant in a literal and metaphorical way. There are the followers. There are the hunters. And then there are the firemakers.

It's the difference between the person that carries you for miles and the person that invents a car. The person that keeps your head above water and the person who builds a ship. The person that keeps your fever down and the person who finds a cure for the illness.

Aww. When the Doctor first realized his tardis was stuck looking like a blue 1960s earth police telephone box.

Poor Susan when the Doctor was kidnapped. She was entire galaxies away from her home planet and people. She didn't know how to fly the tardis. She was only 15 years old.
But was she only 15 though? She's 15 in our earth years and in appearance to us humans, but like the Doctor, appearances and ages can be deceptive. According to Susan in the audio, Here There Be Monsters, she's older than Ian and Barbara combined...
Old 02-21-2016, 05:59 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilywiccan (View Post)
I don't think the s9 flashcards are insulting. With each regeneration comes a new physiology. Doctor 11 was overly physical and Doctor 12 hates being touched. He may be the same man all 2,000+ years, but each regeneration causes different setbacks. And 11 spent 900 years on Trenzalore watching every single living being he encountered be born, age, and die. Over and over and over. With each generation. That has to have effected him. Especially since he *hates* goodbyes. Now more than ever he sees humans as mayflies.
And while I get that each regeneration is different, A) Never before, even after the Time War, did he forget how to empathise with people and interact with others and B) The cards first appeared over 15 or 16 episodes into his era! If he didn't need them before, then he wouldn't need them now imo.
Old 02-21-2016, 06:02 PM
Moderator Support Team

Sorry guys time for a new thread so moving on the discussion
Closed Thread   Post New Thread