Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-21-2004, 11:30 AM
Part-Time Fan

WHO GOT TO MEET ELIJAH LAST NIGHT?? UH YEA I DID!!!!

hey people!! my name is bridget and i live in New Orleans. well of course almost everyone knows that elijah is in New Orleans to be the King of Bacchus(one of the BIGGEST downtown parades EVER in New Orleans) well his plane came in last night and there were SO many requests to meet him that BACCHUS decided to hold this meet and greet elijah wood thing at his hotel! omg! there werent as many people as i thought were gonna be there. but not everyone knew about it because i guess they didnt want it to be swamped. most of the people that found out about it, found out becuase they know people that are in Bacchus. but there was enough to fill the ball room.

WELL, he came in the door on the side we were on. and he was surrounded by this mardi gras band jazz band. we waited for SO long and i didnt even realize it was him because of the band was around him. but i finally realized it OMG! he was not a FOOT away from us! he was SOOOO CUTE! and he looked like he was having so much fun!! it was in the ball room at the Hilton. OMGOSH!! it was so great. so he went up on stage to talk to everyone and everyone was SO excited! and he was saying how excited he was! and then he walked around the room to greet people. and we were RIGHT at the front! he was in a hurry cause his plane landed late so he was going really fast and he just was going by and by and everyone was trying to get him to sign something and we felt like we were gonna get trampled lol but he passed and we were yellin that he was great and all that! and we touched him! (sounds like stalkerness lol but HEY anybody would do it) so i guess we didnt really get to MEET him but we got to do what ALOT of people are never gonna get to do. we got some REALLY good pics and we got 3 doblooms with his pic on it that HE was throwing. lol we are all so freakin obsessed!! and we get another chance to meet him before Bacchus on Sunday so I HOPE SO!!!

WE LOVE EL-WOOD!

[ 02-21-2004: Message edited Pink'sPUNKRocker ]
Old 02-21-2004, 08:10 PM
Master Fan

Cool!! I hope you will post your pictures here of him.
Lifer #1
Old 02-21-2004, 10:07 PM
Part-Time Fan

omg i will try. weve already scanned them, when i put them on my website i will post them here! i dont know how to do it otherwise.

-bri
Old 02-21-2004, 11:54 PM
Obsessed Fan

Bri! That is soooo cool that you got to "meet" Elijah! And being fellow fans, we totally understand how freaked out you must have been! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Sounds like you had am amazing experience, and I hope to see some pics soon! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Was his eyes as lovely in real life than they are on screen?

I did not know that he was to be the king of Bacchus, but still, that's pretty neat.

Good luck meeting him again! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

"Drink this blood and we'll become immortal, baby..." ["Immortal" by The Rasmus]

Are YOU listening?

In an mmmbop I'm ...
Brek
Old 02-22-2004, 12:08 AM
Part-Time Fan

thanks! o my gosh and YES! when i realized he was in the middle of the band its like his face just stood out! his face is so BRIGHT! and omgosh there was nothing else around..... [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]
Old 02-22-2004, 06:20 AM
Moderator Manager

wow, lucky you! [img]smilies/clap.gif[/img]

you can post more of your stories on this thread: http://forums.fanforum.com/ultimateb...023&p=4#000083

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 02-22-2004, 10:14 PM
Part-Time Fan

O MY GOSHI JUST GOT BACK FROM BACCHUS AND IT WAS SOOOOOO AWESOME! lol my sister and i walked to the store and bought a poster board and some markers and made two signs

'we love you elijah'

'hobbits rock!'

and i was holding the first one and my nanny was holding hobbits rock and my sister had the camera and OMG! we were screaming so bad and he looked SO CUTE IN HIS BACCHUS OUTFIT!!! and he looked over at us and saw my sign and smiled at me and threw me this huge necklace that had a thing at the end that said 'Bacchus, magical mystical tour' OMG! it was SO GREAT!! but i am freakkING BEAT!

love you guys!!

-bri
Old 02-23-2004, 06:30 AM
Master Fan

I want to see pictures. You are so lucky. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Lifer #1
Old 02-23-2004, 06:42 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by WildHobbit:
<STRONG>I want to see pictures. You are so lucky. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]</STRONG>
I second the pic request. That is so cool that you got to meet him!

It's a Sarkney thing, you wouldn't understand...
Old 02-23-2004, 08:29 AM
Master Fan

Well, I found this on Yahoo this morning.

[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Lifer #1
Old 02-23-2004, 09:23 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally posted by WildHobbit:
<STRONG>Well, I found this on Yahoo this morning.</STRONG>
what the--? is that a manip? [img]smilies/goof.gif[/img]

bri: what's a bacchus outfit? [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img]

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 02-23-2004, 10:57 AM
Master Fan

Everybody is in costume on floats in Mardi Gras and he was the King of that parade, so he had to dress the part.
Lifer #1
Old 02-23-2004, 11:04 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by =KR=:

bri: what's a bacchus outfit? [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img][/QB]
lol its ok. well just incase u dont know about mardi gras. in louisiana (i think in like 1 city in texas, and MAYBEMAYBEMAYBE ONE in Western Mississippi) we celebrate mardi gras BUT New ORleans is where it origionated and that is what New ORleans is famous for. they have about 30 something parades that are SO fun. and each one has a name and it is called a krewe. (crew) They always have a theme too. Since Elijah Wood was the King the theme of Bacchus was "Bacchus' Mystical Magical tour' and they just all dress up and have costumes. (They even had a float (float 19 to be exact) that was called 'Hobbits of the SHire' OH it was SO GOOD!!
The 'Krewe of Bacchus' is one of the 3 most popular and BIG parades. And Bacchus always has a King who is on the first float. and he is usually a big celebrity. They had Hnery Winkler (The Fonz) John Ritter, Nicolas Cage (who i heard was a huge jerk, he even refused to wear the traditional Bacchus outfit) And it is just a tradition to have these outfits that they wear. They have people design them and they are usually kinda gladiator type. (well thats what they look like to me. there is a reason why they look like that, but im not sure what its origin is). (but they do have alot of bands and other things marching in the parade, and they made sure to drive us CRAZY with about 3 bands before elijahs float came!)
So you saw Elijahs outfit up there (gives props to Wild Hobbit [img]smilies/clap.gif[/img] )

I know u prolly arent worried about these past stars lol BUT its just to show you more of the Bacchus outfits.

Henry Winkler:

Dennis Quaid:

Tom Arnold:

The ASS that wouldnt go with Tradition Nicolas CAge

Drew Carey

The wonderful and talented John Ritter (God rest his soul):

and OF COUSRSE ELIJAH JORDAN WOOD!!! lol:

So there you go! but there are so many more including Bob Hope and Dick Clark but anyways. Just thought id show u what those outfits were all about lol

WE LOVE ELIJAH!!!!!!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

btw- we are getting the mardi gras pics developed today and i will post them all!!!!!

[ 02-23-2004: Message edited Pink'sPUNKRocker ]
Old 02-24-2004, 09:30 AM
Master Fan

Elijah looks like he is wearing almost the same one as Tom Arnold. [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

Nicholas Cage is a jerk for not going with tradition.

GO Elijah !!! He looks so adorable in that outfit.
Lifer #1
Old 02-25-2004, 04:55 PM
Part-Time Fan

GREAT AVATAR!!!!