Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-20-2014, 10:58 AM
Elite Fan

Parenthood 6.09 -"Lean In" - November 20

Quote:
Parenthood 6x09 "Lean In" - Tension between Dylan (Ally Ioannides) and Max (Max Burkholder) reaches a fever pitch at the Chambers' Academy Open House. Kristina (Monica Potter) and Adam (Peter Krause) find themselves tangled in the conflict. Hank (Ray Romano) is thrilled to see Ruby (Courtney Grosbeck) excited about her school play, but an unexpected encounter with Mark Cyr (Jason Ritter) rocks the boat. Meanwhile, Zeek (Craig T. Nelson) recruits Drew (Miles Heizer) for help with a secret mission.
icon: Permanent_99
Old 11-20-2014, 09:22 PM
Extreme Fan

Another great episode.. so sad we have to wait till January for the last four.

Mark and Sarah: Loved all their scenes. So much chemistry between them. Can't believe he's going to be a dad! Happy for him since that's what he wanted, but sad at the same time because him and Sarah were such a great couple. Also, Sarah Watson tweeted that Sarah's line, "I'm glad I knew you" was a Lauren improv. Such a great line!

It was sweet when she told Hank there's nowhere else she'd rather be, but.. I'm still not sold on their relationship.

Lots of drama with Max and Dylan. I'm glad that Kristina had to face the fact that she was in the wrong for not disciplining Max. Happy that it ended well with his apology to Dylan.

Joel and Julia.. yes! Hope this is the beginning of their reconciliation.

Poor Drew who was only trying to do the right thing. And Zeek at the end. Ugh, knew they'd end the episode with that. And the promo with all the hospital stuff.. that'll be so sad to watch.
"There's an expression in the casting business: 'God does not give with both hands.' Meaning, he doesn't give looks plus talent plus comedy. But in her case, he definitely did. It's tough to find someone that pretty who's that funny and has got all the goods." -Mark Hirschfeld
Old 11-21-2014, 12:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

So glade Dylan's parents told Kristina off for not disciplining Max, I thought he got it last week but clearly not. Also happy Dylan is going to stay.

Hate how the blame for the breakup and divorce has be but mostly on Joel, although it was nice to hear Julia is also taking responsibility for her actions. Sad to see them sign the papers but then the kiss and more.

Awkward moments with Mark at the school play, clueless Hank telling Sandy more than Sarah wanted her to know about the hot English teacher. It was bitter sweet to here he is going to be a dad, what he wanted. Interesting to know Amber has 6 weeks to go and LOL when Sarah refused to be called a grandmother.

Yeah poor Drew caught between his grandparents, but in the end things worked out. Just hope Zeek is going to be okay, not a happy way to end the show before the break. Also shame we didn't get any holiday or Halloween shows this year.
Old 11-21-2014, 12:30 AM
Loyal Fan

Omg was'nt it great??!!! Sarah and Hank!! And itvwas good to see mark for a last time!! I please dont tell me there is no love between Hank and Sarah!
Old 11-21-2014, 04:31 AM
Extreme Fan

Hand down the most heartbreaking line of this shows 6 year run...

Sarah: I know this is going to sound weird, but, I am glad I knew you.
Mark: I am glad I knew you too.....I am REALLY glad I knew you.

I felt, not only were these two were saying goodbye, but also a sign the show is coming to an end, and that really hit me!

Oh my gosh the TEARS!!!

Infact, so many feeling for tonights episode (well apart from Sandy and Ruby, because really...Who cares?!?) We had reminiscing, to making up, sad farewells, to possible love reuniting?? And OMG what is wrong with Zeek!?!

It's all too much to deal with, and we only have 4 episodes left!
Old 11-21-2014, 06:03 AM
Part-Time Fan

That was my emotional moment to! Not only the great chemistry between Jason and Lauren, but that line felt like it was Lauren's way of saying goodbye to the show and all of the cast. It definitely got the tears flowing. I don't want to say goodbye to the show!!

I love all the braverman's stories tonight. Julia and Joel !! Zeek and Camille, I got sad when zeek realised it could be one of their last holidays together, made their time together seem so limited!

I really don't believe Sarah is happy. She just seems so bored and miserable with hank most of the time. She's just taking a back-seat to his family drama.
Hearing them talk about sarah being a grandma was so weird and funny haha. Lauren played it well!

I was glad Kristina finally got pulled up on ignoring maxs behaviour.

I felt really bad for drew when zeek told him he thought he could trust him and he let him down, that seems really harsh and I feel like drew will hold onto that especially with zeek in the hospital.

Don't want to wait until Jan! The promo got the tears going again haha.

Kerri
Old 11-21-2014, 09:39 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy81 (View Post)
Hand down the most heartbreaking line of this shows 6 year run...

Sarah: I know this is going to sound weird, but, I am glad I knew you.
Mark: I am glad I knew you too.....I am REALLY glad I knew you.

I felt, not only were these two were saying goodbye, but also a sign the show is coming to an end, and that really hit me!

Oh my gosh the TEARS!!!

Infact, so many feeling for tonights episode (well apart from Sandy and Ruby, because really...Who cares?!?) We had reminiscing, to making up, sad farewells, to possible love reuniting?? And OMG what is wrong with Zeek!?!

It's all too much to deal with, and we only have 4 episodes left!
I agree with everything you said.

and also.. I don`t belive for one second that Sarah is happy with Hank. she is trapped in a family drama.. and she is just saying what Hank wants to hear.. I think.

Julia and Joel...

Last edited by Laurenislove; 11-21-2014 at 01:48 PM
Old 11-21-2014, 03:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So are we saying Sarah weak willed so doesn't want to leave? I believe if she was truly unhappy with Hank and the situation she would leave, regardless of her working with him. Shes done it before leaving Seth and moving back home.

I can't say if she would be happier with Mark, what if they were together and he couldn't 'give' him a child, that puts stress on any relationship.

I think Sarah likes being a mom, and being part of Ruby's life does that, now Amber and Drew have left home.

Still the BEST part of the ep was when Mark almost called Sarah a Grandma still waiting on the teasing from her siblings on that one.
Old 11-24-2014, 08:44 AM
Master Fan

I don´t think Sarah lied to Hank, I just wished the writers gave us more about them as a "couple" and let them show their affection to each other. We don´t see them doing anything together. All their story this season is about Ruby. And yes, they want us to show how blended family works so Sarah is in the backseat but still, if they just showed us Sarah and Hank on a date or something we would feel different about them and believed more in their relationship.

I can´t wait for Kristina to be gone from my TV, the only positive thing about this show ending...

Old 11-24-2014, 10:48 AM
Passionate Fan

"I can´t wait for Kristina to be gone from my TV"

Amen!
Old 11-24-2014, 11:29 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke (View Post)

I can´t wait for Kristina to be gone from my TV, the only positive thing about this show ending...
Word!
Old 11-24-2014, 01:20 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgfan (View Post)
"I can´t wait for Kristina to be gone from my TV"

Amen!
Yes! Preach! And also Hank!
Old 11-24-2014, 01:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Bit rough on Kristina.

As for Sarah and Hank, yes some alone time with them would be nice, no interruptions from family. Maybe they could show them on a photoshoot together like the wedding they did. Something were they need to spend the weekend away we might actually see what she sees in him?
Old 11-24-2014, 08:49 PM
Master Fan

The only thing that made me tear up this week was Lauren saying goodbye to Jason. Because that's what it was, not Sarah and Mark.
Old 11-25-2014, 06:18 PM
Obsessed Fan

I have a bit of a Luke/Lorelai moment when Sarah reached across the table and grabbed Hank's hand. Her softly spoken "Hey" was what really gave me that vibe.
Also I agree that I feel that Kristina hadn't really been advocating for Dylan in the situation with Max. I'm glad that the parents called her out on it and that it was finally handled properly.
The Joel and Julia moments were very emotional especially Joel's 'speech' about honoring her for the rest of his life.
I felt bad for Drew. Zeek seems to pull him into doing things he doesn't want to do.