Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-13-2017, 07:19 AM
Loyal Fan

My Week so far! By the way it's my Birthday Week. I'm stressed and I'm not really in the Mood to get older... my Boyfriend and Me having Dinner on Sunday. Nothing special. 25 is not 21 so why should He spending much money?

Hahahahahaha! He'll do that! I know Him. But at least I told Him not to spend too much.
Old 07-13-2017, 08:52 PM
Master Fan

Happy Birthday Week Kathi.

Wow, to be 25 again! If I could do that knowing what I know now...haha. So many things I would have avoided.

Nothing exciting going on for me this week. Just work work work, it's been busy. But that's good.

I used to play a weekly trivia game every Tuesday, but the guy running it could not longer do so, so we've been without trivia for a few weeks. We tried a new one last night at a different bar, and it was ok. Just very noisy in there, so hard to hear. But we managed to come in second anyway.
Old 07-14-2017, 05:25 AM
Master Fan

Kathi, when's your birthday? I hope you have a great celebration!

Christine, it's a bummer that you lost your trivia spot; I hope you find a new one that you like just as much (it's good that you found somewhere to go, even if it's not ideal, and second place is great!).

I'm home from my vacation and am mostly just relaxing. I got a job at a new school, where I'll be teaching tenth grade, so that will be a big change and I'm trying to get myself organized and do some planning now. I'm thrilled about it, but I'm a bit anxious as well because it'll be something totally different.
Old 07-14-2017, 07:47 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CohenGal (View Post)
Kathi, when's your birthday? I hope you have a great celebration!

Christine, it's a bummer that you lost your trivia spot; I hope you find a new one that you like just as much (it's good that you found somewhere to go, even if it's not ideal, and second place is great!).

I'm home from my vacation and am mostly just relaxing. I got a job at a new school, where I'll be teaching tenth grade, so that will be a big change and I'm trying to get myself organized and do some planning now. I'm thrilled about it, but I'm a bit anxious as well because it'll be something totally different.
On sunday! My Family and Me having Dinner next Week because my Grandma can't be here on Sunday..

Wow tenth grade? It's gonna be loud! Or maybe not hihi...today were the last day of school! Unbelievable! The years just flying by
Old 07-14-2017, 03:59 PM
Master Fan

Exciting Claire! Good luck at the new school.

At least you've got a little time to get organized.
Old 07-16-2017, 05:07 PM
Master Fan

Who's ready for Game of Thrones tonight?!?!
Old 07-16-2017, 07:50 PM
Master Fan

Happy Birthday, Kathi! I hope you had a fabulous day, and enjoy dinner with your family this week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chants (View Post)
Who's ready for Game of Thrones tonight?!?!
I'm thrilled it's back, and I thought it was a great episode!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathiLGfan (View Post)
Wow tenth grade? It's gonna be loud! Or maybe not hihi...today were the last day of school! Unbelievable! The years just flying by
I've been teaching middle schoolers (grades 6-8) for 10 years and they can be quite loud, too, so I'll be ready for loud! Hopefully the older kids won't be much more of a handful. (I'm ready for an older group.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chants (View Post)
Exciting Claire! Good luck at the new school.
At least you've got a little time to get organized.
Thanks! I'm definitely trying to get myself organized this summer, especially in terms of planning but also in terms of stuff. (I'm such a hoarder, so my apartment is currently a complete mess with all the school stuff I brought home completely filling up my living room, and I have five more giant boxes of teacher stuff in my friend's garage! I've accumulated so much over the past ten years and I hate getting rid of anything.)

Last edited by CohenGal; 07-16-2017 at 07:55 PM
Old 07-16-2017, 07:57 PM
Master Fan

Quote:

I'm thrilled it's back, and I thought it was a great episode!
I thought it was great too.

I can watch it at 6PM Pacific time on the HBO east coast channel, but it's not HD. So I watch it early so I don't have to avoid the internet for 3 hours. Then I watch it again at 9 in HD to get the full effect.

Last edited by the_strawberry_girl; 07-24-2017 at 10:06 PM
Old 07-16-2017, 08:14 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

I can't wait to watch tonight's GoT. Glad you enjoyed it
Old 07-16-2017, 09:36 PM
Loyal Fan

Thank you! My Birthday was fine! I hope your Weekend was nice too
Old 07-21-2017, 11:41 AM
Master Fan

What's new?

I applied for a new job at my company and I got a call today that I got it.
Starting September I will have to commute between Rostock and Munich, thank God for planes.

It also means that I have to cancel my trip to Peru but I think it's worth it.
Quote:
I've been teaching middle schoolers (grades 6-8) for 10 years and they can be quite loud, too, so I'll be ready for loud! Hopefully the older kids won't be much more of a handful. (I'm ready for an older group.)
I still think it's a bit weird that you only teach certain grades in the US. In Germany you become a teacher for different types of schools, like when you are an elementary school teacher, you usually teach grade 1-4, middle school 5-10, and grammar school 5-12 (or 13).
That way you usually have the same teacher for 2-3 years or longer.

Kathi - happy belated birthday

Also thank God for Game of Thrones starting again. My friend sent me a picture from Girona, Spain today where you can sit on the Iron throne, I am jealous.
Old 07-21-2017, 05:05 PM
Master Fan

Congrats on the job, Ele! Hopefully you'll visit Peru another time.

Teachers here don't necessarily always teach the same grade; they can, and often do, move around within the school (elementary is K-5, middle school 6-8, and high school 9-12). I moved around from 6-8; I taught seventh last year and was supposed to move up with those kids to eighth grade this upcoming year. I like getting new kids after a year or two, though!

I would love to go to Spain and sit on the Iron throne. My brother's girlfriend makes cakes, and she recently made this one, which I thought was cool (she also has made some amazing HP ones).
Old 07-22-2017, 10:27 PM
Master Fan

That's an awesome cake!

Congrats on the job Ele!

Today I saw Fun Home. It was quite good. Very funny in parts, but also sad too.
Old 07-24-2017, 06:53 AM
Master Fan

Aww, I love Fun Home, glad you enjoyed it!

It's a rainy day here today, so I think I'll have a lazy day inside.
Old 07-24-2017, 09:04 AM
Loyal Fan

I had a really short Day at Eork. Thank God because I hate working on Mondays... what else is new hihi

And my plans for this Week are work... work ... work... work... and the Wedding from my Boyfriend's Friends.