Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-23-2017, 04:29 PM
New Fan

Just renting a house with my family by the beach for the week.
Old 06-24-2017, 11:43 AM
Master Fan

A Beach vacation sounds great!

Kathi, sorry; I hope your boyfriend is feeling better.

Val, you must be excited for your vacation! Where all are you going?

I'm enjoying Toronto and had a great time at the U2 concert.
Old 06-24-2017, 06:38 PM
Master Fan

Aw Kathi, hope your boyfriend feels better soon.

Enjoy your holiday Val.

Claire, I'm glad you enjoyed U2!

I just got home from 4 days at Disneyland. I had a great time, and we did SOOO much. It was a little too warm for me. But we had our sunscreen on, and took breaks to sit in the shade or get a cool drink. Overall I had lots of fun though. Today I'm catching up on laundry and boring stuff.
Old 06-26-2017, 01:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

You were at Disneyland.. I'M jealous

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 06-26-2017, 10:02 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chants (View Post)
Aw Kathi, hope your boyfriend feels better soon.

Enjoy your holiday Val.

Claire, I'm glad you enjoyed U2!

I just got home from 4 days at Disneyland. I had a great time, and we did SOOO much. It was a little too warm for me. But we had our sunscreen on, and took breaks to sit in the shade or get a cool drink. Overall I had lots of fun though. Today I'm catching up on laundry and boring stuff.
Thanks! He's is at home for another Week...
Old 06-26-2017, 10:35 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Val, you must be excited for your vacation! Where all are you going?
Goold old US of A. Michigan and NYC. Jay hasn't been back to Michigan in 2 years. We're just happy to be going away!
Oh, and we're seeing Dear Evan Hansen in NYC!!
icon: Permanent_99
Old 06-26-2017, 12:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
My friend Julie is going to the GG fest (she knows Kathrin too). Remind me before if you want and I'll get you in touch with each other. She's Canadian.

I wish I could go, but I had plans that weekend already. Maybe if they do one next year.
Aww, that's too bad you're unable to go. What are your plans that weekend? I'd love to get in touch with your friend and meet up! Feel free to PM her details and you can give her mine. And I read you were at DL with a friend? I'm doing that, too, in August, I can't wait! I'm a little worried about the heat as well but it can't be as bad as Florida or Texas heat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CohenGal (View Post)
Jen, LA sounds like a great trip! And you'll have to report back on the GG Fan Fest! (Are you staying at Club Getaway? I've been there a bunch of times and it's a lot of fun. ) Unfortunately I'm also busy that weekend so I can't go.

I love London; I want to go back.
Will do. We're staying at a Hampton Inn in Waterbury. What's Club Getaway? Too bad you can't go, either. Maybe next year you and Christine can go if they have another one?

Ahh, London. I think I'll be able to make my dream of visiting London come true next year. I'm planning a big European adventure, meeting some friends of mine from , including Kathrin in Germany. I think I have the dates nailed down, it's just figuring out how to get around that's stumping me, any suggestions? Should I fly or train it between London and Germany/The Netherlands?

Last edited by Talula78; 06-26-2017 at 12:39 PM
Old 06-26-2017, 01:27 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by valeposh (View Post)
Goold old US of A. Michigan and NYC. Jay hasn't been back to Michigan in 2 years. We're just happy to be going away!
Oh, and we're seeing Dear Evan Hansen in NYC!!
Cool! It's great that you'll get to return to Michigan and see family, and I'm glad I'll get to see you in NY! I haven't seen DEH on Broadway, but I ushered opening night off-Broadway and loved it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula78 (View Post)
Will do. We're staying at a Hampton Inn in Waterbury. What's Club Getaway? Too bad you can't go, either. Maybe next year you and Christine can go if they have another one?
Maybe! Club Getaway is a nearby adventure camp that has a special lodging package for the Fan Fest.

I love your European adventure idea, Jen.

Two more days of school!
Old 06-26-2017, 07:39 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Aww, that's too bad you're unable to go. What are your plans that weekend? I'd love to get in touch with your friend and meet up! Feel free to PM her details and you can give her mine. And I read you were at DL with a friend? I'm doing that, too, in August, I can't wait! I'm a little worried about the heat as well but it can't be as bad as Florida or Texas heat.

Ahh, London. I think I'll be able to make my dream of visiting London come true next year. I'm planning a big European adventure, meeting some friends of mine from , including Kathrin in Germany. I think I have the dates nailed down, it's just figuring out how to get around that's stumping me, any suggestions? Should I fly or train it between London and Germany/The Netherlands?

I have tickets to Depeche Mode the same weekend as the Fanfest. If they do one next year, I will try and go! I will get you my friend's details.
Yes, I went to Disney with my friend Robin. She goes all the time so she knows all the good tricks to getting the most out of it. I'm sure it's not as bad a Florida or Texas. For sure less humid. But being from the Pacific Northwest, I consider it too hot if it's over 70

I've been working on booking a trip to Germany for maybe this fall or next year. When are you thinking of going? I have a friend who lives in Berlin, but would want to visit Kathrin too, and maybe get to some other places in Europe. But I've been looking for a travel buddy. I've been to London lots of times, but it's one of my favorite places to visit.
Old 06-27-2017, 08:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by CohenGal (View Post)
Maybe! Club Getaway is a nearby adventure camp that has a special lodging package for the Fan Fest.

I love your European adventure idea, Jen.
Oh, that's cool. I just visited the GGFF site and saw that Club Getaway deal. I'd do it if it were for more than 2 nights. It's cheaper to stay at the Hampton Inn for 4 nights with complimentary breakfast for that price, although those perks do sound inviting.

How many times have you been to Europe?

Quote:
I have tickets to Depeche Mode the same weekend as the Fanfest. If they do one next year, I will try and go! I will get you my friend's details.
Yes, I went to Disney with my friend Robin. She goes all the time so she knows all the good tricks to getting the most out of it. I'm sure it's not as bad a Florida or Texas. For sure less humid. But being from the Pacific Northwest, I consider it too hot if it's over 70

I've been working on booking a trip to Germany for maybe this fall or next year. When are you thinking of going? I have a friend who lives in Berlin, but would want to visit Kathrin too, and maybe get to some other places in Europe. But I've been looking for a travel buddy. I've been to London lots of times, but it's one of my favorite places to visit.
Depeche Mode, cool! That's goin back a few years, I'm amazed they're still touring!

So, the dates I've settled on to visit England and Germany and maybe the Netherlands will be October 13-ish through October 28th-ish. Oh! And my Dutch friend and I are planning a quick trip to Disneyland Paris because I've always wanted to visit those parks. I'd LOVE a travel companion! Kathrin is thinking about joining me in London, too, and we may try and see a musical or something? It'd be fun to tour London together. You could show me the cool places to see and things to do. I have a friend in London but I think the only thing she'd want to show me are the pubs. That's cool and all but I don't drink that often so one pint and I'd be out.
Old 06-27-2017, 11:01 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Depeche Mode, cool! That's goin back a few years, I'm amazed they're still touring!

So, the dates I've settled on to visit England and Germany and maybe the Netherlands will be October 13-ish through October 28th-ish. Oh! And my Dutch friend and I are planning a quick trip to Disneyland Paris because I've always wanted to visit those parks. I'd LOVE a travel companion! Kathrin is thinking about joining me in London, too, and we may try and see a musical or something? It'd be fun to tour London together. You could show me the cool places to see and things to do. I have a friend in London but I think the only thing she'd want to show me are the pubs. That's cool and all but I don't drink that often so one pint and I'd be out.
Yeah, they're doing a huge world tour this year. Will only be my 3rd time seeing them. Which isn't much for me

Isn't GG Fanfest during that time in October? Or is Europe in 2018?
Old 06-28-2017, 08:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Isn't GG Fanfest during that time in October? Or is Europe in 2018?
Oh damn, you're right! Oh well, I guess I'll have to miss it that year. I didn't even think about that, thanks for the reminder. I was planning my European trip for October 2018, so I'd be missing that year's GG Fanfest.
Old 06-28-2017, 07:23 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Oh damn, you're right! Oh well, I guess I'll have to miss it that year. I didn't even think about that, thanks for the reminder. I was planning my European trip for October 2018, so I'd be missing that year's GG Fanfest.
Gotcha! I thought you were trying to go to Europe this year, and thought you forgot about fanfest. Like that would happen!

Makes more sense now.
Old 06-29-2017, 05:56 AM
Master Fan

School is over for the year! And now I'm off to see U2 again!
Old 06-29-2017, 09:00 PM
Obsessed Fan

Everyone's vacation plans sound so amazing. I hope you all have a great time.

Val, I can't believe it's already been 2 years since you've been here. I hope that it gets cooler with less rainy for your time here.

Claire, yeah for school being done for the year.