Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-01-2004, 03:14 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Or the show can take an ill-conceived route. The WB's Gilmore Girls has shed a good deal of its charm by sending Rory (Alexis Bledel) off to college and treating her relationship with mother Lorelai (Lauren Graham) in goofy fashion.
See rest of article here

-*- Journal || LG Media Alerts -*-
Old 04-01-2004, 10:13 PM
Master Fan

It's like a Lauren repeat extravaganza coming up. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
http://www.tv-now.com/stars/laureng.html
Old 04-02-2004, 12:11 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ~Kitty:
<STRONG>I can't disagree with that comment.. Lorelai is a MILF [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Funny they never referenced it on GG!</STRONG>
No kidding! Wouldn't that be hilarious? I guess the closest we got was in "Double Date," when Lane's date said, "That's Rory's mom? Wow, she's a fox!" or something to that extent. To specifically use "MILF" would be such an American Pie shoutout and a shoutout to all the men/boys who watch the show drooling over Lauren. Like my own little brother, who's in high school, prefers Lorelai over Rory.

Surely one of Rory's guy friends at Yale could thrown in that reference. Can't think of other situations, except for maybe Dean? hrm... Absolutely kidding, don't worry.

Quote:
Lauren Graham & Faith Ford Aboard The Pacifier Source: The Hollywood Reporter Friday, April 2, 2004

Lauren Graham (Gilmore Girls) and Faith Ford (Hope & Faith) have joined The Pacifier, a thriller starring Vin Diesel and directed by Adam Shankman, says The Hollywood Reporter.

Shooting starts this month in Vancouver on the Disney project, which finds Diesel playing an undercover agent hired to protect a government scientist and his family. Graham will star opposite Diesel's character as the principal of the school where he's working undercover, with Ford starring as the mother of the kids that his character is protecting.

Brad Garrett of TV's Everybody Loves Raymond also recently signed on to the project. Brittany Snow and Max Thieriot round out the cast.
A few questions:
1) Vin Diesel in a Disney film?? Who would have thought?
2) Does that mean GG shooting finishes this month for sure?

[ 04-01-2004: Message edited ilovetheshins ]
Old 04-02-2004, 01:14 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ilovetheshins:
<STRONG>A few questions:
1) Vin Diesel in a Disney film?? Who would have thought?
2) Does that mean GG shooting finishes this month for sure?</STRONG>
1) I'm not surprised that Vin Diesel is in a Disney film...this sounds very Kindergarten Cop to me. I love that movie though. Although this is a "thriller"...
2) I thought I heard they finish filming like April 16th or something, so yes she's available starting mid-month.

Lauren playing a principal is interesting, I wonder if she's his love interest too? From Billy Bob to Chris Eigeman to Vin Diesel...some people think he's hot (my sister) I'm totally on the fence about that.

Wow, spending her summer in Vancouver instead of LA or NY...well, I guess this is a bit of travelling/work. I wonder how big her role is...thriller's with Vin Diesel tend to be about Vin Diesel if you know what I mean. It'd be nice if Lauren could find a movie role as strong and as full as Lorelai, but then again her hiatus is so short. We'll see!

Another new project to look out for, WOOHOO!
Old 04-02-2004, 07:52 PM
Master Fan

I was just going here to post about that...I have one movie that comes to mind Kindergarten Cop. (I just saw that Alexis saw the same thing.)

I'm not particularly fond of Vin Diesel, but hell he's good looking enough to be in a movie with Lauren, although I can't really see them in a movie together but I'm sure their chemistry will be great! For me as well as Alexis, I don't find him attractive but one of my friends does, so that gives me one person to go see the movie with.

Here's another article about it:

Quote:
Graham, Ford Share Diesel's 'Pacifier'
Fri, Apr 02, 2004, 08:04 AM PT

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - Lauren Graham and Faith Ford are teaming up with Vin Diesel on his toughest mission ever: childcare.
The pair will star opposite the action star in "The Pacifier" for Walt Disney Pictures. The film centers on an undercover agent who fails to protect an important government scientist and then agrees to look after the man's kids when they are suddenly thrust into danger, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Graham will play the principal of the school where Diesel's character is working undercover, while Ford plays the mother of the endangered children. "Everybody Loves Raymond's" Brad Garrett, "American Dream's" Brittany Snow and Max Thieriot also star in the Adam Shankman-directed project.

Based on the screenplay by Thomas Lennon and Robert Ben Garent, "Pacifier" will team Spyglass Entertainment with Disney. The project will begin filming this month in Vancouver.

Graham, who was nominated for a Golden Globe for her work on the WB's "Gilmore Girls," last appeared in 2003's "Bad Santa." She next stars opposite Jay Mohr in "Seeing Other People." Ford currently stars with Kelly Ripa on ABC's "Hope & Faith."
[ 04-02-2004: Message edited Çherié £u£u ]

Old 04-04-2004, 02:04 PM
Master Fan

Spring 2004 Issue of Biography, Page 12 (Tom Selleck is on the cover)

Quote:
LORELAI GILMORE
Lauren Graham (1967-)
Gilmore Girls (2000-)

As a 32-year-old working single mom whose fond of lip gloss, quoting Flaubert, and bringing up a 16-year-old daughter by herself, Lorelai Gilmore may be the hippest mom on TV. Her rapport with daughter, Rory, almost makes them best friends first, mother and daughter second. But that doesn’t mean she’s a bad parent, just free-spirited and fun. She’s smart, sharp, and out to make sure her daughter doesn’t make the same mistakes she did.
This picture was next to the piece - http://gilmore-girls.net/gallery/graham/08.jpg

Now there is supposed to be a Cult Moms Week in May for the Biography Channel, I went on the website it listed and it doesn’t have it listed yet. It’s supposed to let me know. So maybe there will be a chance for us for another Lauren interview if she’s in the special!

I think this is really cool because of the other moms that were listed like Carol Brady, Samantha Stevens, etc.

Old 04-04-2004, 04:08 PM
Master Fan

Cool Cher, I hope she does show up on that special!
Old 04-06-2004, 09:38 PM
Master Fan

There are a bunch of great magazine scans from this Dutch Gilmore Girls site, but I can't read any of them. Anyway, it's worth checking out. http://gilmoregirlsnl.net/ (media section, scroll down)

I wish I could read this one especially. It's all about Lauren. http://gilmoregirlsnl.net/nieuws/lauren2-1.jpg
http://gilmoregirlsnl.net/nieuws/lauren2-2.jpg
http://gilmoregirlsnl.net/nieuws/lauren2-3.jpg

[ 04-06-2004: Message edited A. B. Normal ]
Old 04-10-2004, 09:21 AM
Part-Time Fan

Law and Order D-Girl
Mon, Apr 12 1PM and 11PM/40BRAVO

The Ellen DeGeneres Show (repeat-birthday episode)
Wed, Apr 14 10AM/16WIBV and 15CKXT

Law and Order Showtime
Wed, Apr 14 1PM and 11PM/40BRAVO
Ellevee: Yeah...Well, thank you so much Lauren. You don't know how much this means to me.
Lauren: (Smiles and nods) Bye Ellevee. Take care. Ellevee: Bye Lauren
Avi by Ele
Old 04-10-2004, 07:35 PM
Master Fan

when, oh when, will we ever get our hands on the transcript of this event?

[ 04-10-2004: Message edited curlyhead ]
Old 04-13-2004, 01:19 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by curlyhead:
<STRONG>when, oh when, will we ever get our hands on the transcript of this event?</STRONG>
You'd think some money hounds would have put it on ebay by now wouldn't you?

Lauren's in the May 2004 issue of Marie Claire, I don't know if it's a new picture.

Quote:
"Ten Best TV Hair Styles to Steal"

Best Brunette
Lauren Graham
Gilmore Girls

WHY HER HAIR'S HOT: Its warm, chocolate hue flatters most skin tones, while its richness can help make even damaged hair look healthy.

WHO SHOULD STEAL IT: Dark blondes through dark brunettes. (But skip it if you have a lot of pink in your skin.)

HOW TO GET IT: Go for a semipermanent golden-brown if you're gray-free, a permanent one if you're more than 10 percent gray.
Old 04-13-2004, 03:13 AM
Elite Fan

Ohh, thanks for that, Alexis.
Old 04-13-2004, 04:10 PM
Master Fan

I'll check at Wal-Mart tomorrow when I drop my friend off to work and see if it's a new picture, if it is then I'll buy it and scan it for y'all. Do you know what page, Alexis?

Old 04-13-2004, 06:23 PM
Extreme Fan

This was the picture

[ 04-13-2004: Message edited *Lor* ]

"Chi trova un amico , trova un tesoro"
Old 04-13-2004, 08:45 PM
Master Fan

Oh okay, well then. Solves that mystery. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Thanks Lor.