Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-02-2004, 02:30 AM
Master Fan

Lauren Graham in new movie The Pacifier

Just thought it would be more organized to post whatver news we find here. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Quote:
Lauren Graham & Faith Ford Aboard The Pacifier
Source: The Hollywood Reporter
Friday, April 2, 2004

Lauren Graham (Gilmore Girls) and Faith Ford (Hope & Faith) have joined The Pacifier, a thriller starring Vin Diesel and directed by Adam Shankman, says The Hollywood Reporter.

Shooting starts this month in Vancouver on the Disney project, which finds Diesel playing an undercover agent hired to protect a government scientist and his family. Graham will star opposite Diesel's character as the principal of the school where he's working undercover, with Ford starring as the mother of the kids that his character is protecting.

Brad Garrett of TV's Everybody Loves Raymond also recently signed on to the project. Brittany Snow and Max Thieriot round out the cast.
Summary
Quote:
Walt Disney Pictures and Spyglass Entertainment are teaming on the action-comedy The Pacifier, with Vin Diesel set to star.

The film is the story of an undercover agent who, after failing to protect an important government scientist, learns the man's family is in danger. In an effort to redeem himself, he agrees to take care of the man's children only to discover that child care is his toughest mission yet.

Release (2005)
Info from IMDB message boards

Quote:
*Costume fittings etc start around March 28th and actual filming starts April 10th, I believe. They are hoping to get this film into theaters by Christmas. It will film for three months in Toronto.

*They will be filming some scenes in the mississauga area. some of it is being filmed at the costco on rodeo drive, at mavis & britannia rds. they will be filming there in the first week of may.
Old 04-02-2004, 02:55 AM
Elite Fan

Yay, new movie. Thanks for the news, Alexis.

On location in Vancouver. Heh, that's where they're shooting Elektra as well, starting next month. Aw, so Vancouver is where it happens this spring and summer.
Old 04-02-2004, 09:00 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by A. B. Normal:
<STRONG>Shooting starts this month in Vancouver

</STRONG>
I just about near had a heart attack there. I was browsing the GG news thread earlier and saw something about this and thought it was a joke (haha april fools right?)

But I guess I was wrong, now i"m really excited, I NEED to find out where it's shooting (I'm from Vancouver btw)...

YAY [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I'm all Giddy now, I was bummed because I'm currently pulling an all nighter for a project and this little 'break' I took to check up on Lauren really perked things up!
Old 04-02-2004, 09:57 AM
Extreme Fan

This is awesome news!! [img]smilies/glow.gif[/img]
Old 04-02-2004, 11:48 AM
Extreme Fan

From Zap2it.com:
Quote:
LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - Lauren Graham and Faith Ford are teaming up with Vin Diesel on his toughest mission ever: childcare.
The pair will star opposite the action star in "The Pacifier" for Walt Disney Pictures. The film centers on an undercover agent who fails to protect an important government scientist and then agrees to look after the man's kids when they are suddenly thrust into danger, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Graham will play the principal of the school where Diesel's character is working undercover, while Ford plays the mother of the endangered children. "Everybody Loves Raymond's" Brad Garrett, "American Dream's" Brittany Snow and Max Thieriot also star in the Adam Shankman-directed project.

Based on the screenplay by Thomas Lennon and Robert Ben Garent, "Pacifier" will team Spyglass Entertainment with Disney. The project will begin filming this month in Vancouver.

Graham, who was nominated for a Golden Globe for her work on the WB's "Gilmore Girls," last appeared in 2003's "Bad Santa." She next stars opposite Jay Mohr in "Seeing Other People." Ford currently stars with Kelly Ripa on ABC's "Hope & Faith."
[ 04-02-2004: Message edited crazymike4 ]
Old 04-02-2004, 12:12 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the new article Mike! Nice to see a "Seeing Other People" mention in there as well. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 04-02-2004, 09:29 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Eliii:
<STRONG>Yay, new movie. Thanks for the news, Alexis.

On location in Vancouver. Heh, that's where they're shooting Elektra as well, starting next month. Aw, so Vancouver is where it happens this spring and summer.</STRONG>
Elektra as a spin-off of that action movie with JG? [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] I hated that movie!

I'm so giddy about this movie.

-*- Journal || LG Media Alerts -*-
Old 04-03-2004, 04:17 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah, Cher. Hey now, no eyerolling here. [img]smilies/nono.gif[/img] I agree, though, Daredevil is pretty bad, heh. JG and Colin Farrel were the only really good things about it so the spinoff will be supergreat. AnyWAY... [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

Thanks for more news, Mike.

[ 04-03-2004: Message edited Eliii ]
Old 04-03-2004, 07:27 AM
Master Fan

That's awesome news about the new movie! Thanks Alexis and Mike for the tidbits. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-04-2004, 05:07 PM
Master Fan

No problem. Hey Stacy, where's the picture in your new avi (love it) from? The one not from CR & EIW.

That would ROCK if some of you Canucks could see LG filming. Just look for some bombs going off in your neighborhood...helicoptors crashing, you know. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[ 04-04-2004: Message edited A. B. Normal ]
Old 04-04-2004, 05:24 PM
Master Fan

Thanks Lex! I decided to do a season-one-screencaps avi in anticipation of the DVD's. ::: giddiness ::: The other pic is from RBP, the scene with Lorelai, Sookie and Emily in the kitchen. "Mom, Sookie has a job, she's the chef at the inn. The inn where we work. My inn. Six days a week, Mom. She cooks there every...Just give her your number or we'll never get out of here." Anyway, in the actual cap Lorelai's facing the other way, but I mirrored it to fit in the avi better. Wow, this is so not the topic of this thread. Sorry.

Yes, Canucks, become satellite people and try to see LG filming. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ 04-04-2004: Message edited Stack ]
Old 04-04-2004, 05:33 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Stack:
<STRONG> Anyway, in the actual cap Lorelai's facing the other way, but I mirrored it to fit in the avi better. Wow, this is so not the topic of this thread. Sorry.</STRONG>
Cheater. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] No wonder I couldn't tell, not only is it black and white, you flipped it! Okay, I feel better about my cap recognition skills. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

I'm kind of excited about this. Lauren doesn't play the love interest. Carla Gugino (Spy Kids) plays her. My sister postulated that Lauren might be a bad "gal" in the movie, like working under cover for the other side. My view is that no one in Hollywood is that creative. LG connection: She's friends with Lauren's ex-squater Connie Britton.
Old 04-05-2004, 06:42 PM
Ultimate Fan

whoo hoo! A new movie! When I have more time on the net, I'm totally going to gush over this! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

junkie | LG fanlisting | My babies | Life's a Bitch

The Seeress of the High Desert
Old 04-05-2004, 09:30 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the news! Lauren and Vin in a movie - oh la la. Although I would rather have her be in a movie with Brad Pitt or Johnney Depp, Vin will do. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-06-2004, 05:16 AM
Elite Fan

Hee, yeah, Vin works. He's a little too buff, but there is something kinda sexy about him.