Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-24-2016, 03:39 AM
Master Fan

Friends of mine wanted to get married in Paris. They couldn`t. As a foreigner you have to live in France for at least 4 weeks to get married in France.....so they got married in New York.

But I still hate the L/C marriage.....and C living in the house Luke renovated.

I started watching again from ep 7.12...from that point on S7 wasnยดt so bad. Esp Lorelai singing IWALY!!!
Old 08-24-2016, 04:05 AM
Loyal Fan

I know I'm unpopular in liking Lorelai with Chris, so I'll try to stay quiet on that front haha. I did enjoy the first half of season 7, but as mentioned, I found the whole storyline with Luke and Anna a bit odd. Rory bugged me a bit too as I kept thinking she was kind of abandoning Paris all the time (Paris is one of my favourite characters I think!).
Old 08-24-2016, 07:00 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyCerts (View Post)
Friends of mine wanted to get married in Paris. They couldn`t. As a foreigner you have to live in France for at least 4 weeks to get married in France.....so they got married in New York.
Interesting! So we can just pretend the C/L marriage never happened because it wasn't legal.

I agree about not liking the end of season 6/beginning of season 7, for lots of reasons, not just Christopher (lots of characters were doing things that frustrated me, and I never hated Christopher). It did get better in the second half of season 7.
Old 08-24-2016, 07:46 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CohenGal (View Post)
Interesting! So we can just pretend the C/L marriage never happened because it wasn't legal.
I can live with that!!

I'm just sooooo excited for the revival. It's just fascinating that only so little is leaking.
Old 08-24-2016, 12:02 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, it is surprising we know so little! I'm happy about that, though.

This sounds awesome. Anyone up for a road trip??
Gilmore Girls Fan Fest to take place in the town that inspired Stars Hollow | EW.com
http://www.gilmoregirlsfanfest.com/

Last edited by CohenGal; 08-24-2016 at 12:09 PM
Old 08-24-2016, 06:53 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CohenGal (View Post)
Yeah, it is surprising we know so little! I'm happy about that, though.

This sounds awesome. Anyone up for a road trip??
Gilmore Girls Fan Fest to take place in the town that inspired Stars Hollow | EW.com
October 21-23, 2016
I considered going, and even looked into flights which weren't too awful. But the tickets to the events are already sold out.
Old 08-24-2016, 08:10 PM
Master Fan

Wow, that was quick! Sorry that means you won't make it. I would have loved to go but I already have something going on that weekend, so I wouldn't have been able to even if there were tickets available. I wonder how many tickets they sold; I'm surprised they went so quickly.
Old 08-24-2016, 11:06 PM
Loyal Fan

What a nice Thing!!! A Fan Festival! Sounds Great And really Fun but I can't go. ๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜”
Old 08-25-2016, 03:11 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathiLGfan (View Post)
What a nice Thing!!! A Fan Festival! Sounds Great And really Fun but I can't go. dde14dde14dde14
I know the feeling. I hate living so far away. We miss all the good stuff! We can take comfort knowing, that it's sold out.
Old 08-25-2016, 07:43 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy81 (View Post)
I know the feeling. I hate living so far away. We miss all the good stuff! We can take comfort knowing, that it's sold out.
soo true but I'm sure that I'll have my own Fan Festival when the Revival is out! Probably not that Big but still nice
Some Friends of mine decided to stay up with me on November 25 only for me! I've show Them a few Episodes and now They are Gilmored!!
Old 08-25-2016, 03:39 PM
Master Fan

That sounds like fun, Kathi!

I'll have family in town for Thanksgiving so I don't know how/when I'll watch. My mom and I watched the series together when it aired (at least until I went off to college the same year Rory did), so it would be nice for us to watch at least an episode together since she'll be in town. We'll see.
Old 08-26-2016, 02:22 AM
Obsessed Fan

The festival sounds fun. I wonder how many tickets there were? Maybe they will add more seeing how many people are interested in it. Sure am hoping that there will be reports from it as well as many pics.

I am one who enjoyed all seasons. Didn't have a problem with the L/C wedding especially because of the way Luke was acting. Was it the wrong wedding? YES!!! But Lorelai was happy, at least until Chris got jealous of Luke. I can't imagine skipping a single ep of the show but that is me.

Claire, I hope you and your mom will be able to watch at least one episode while she is there.
Old 08-26-2016, 03:24 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahJ5941 (View Post)
I can't imagine skipping a single ep of the show but that is me.
You're not alone, on this one. I feel the same why.

The only part, I will fast forward, is the fight scene between Luke and Chis. I just can't watch it. It makes me cringe, every time.
Old 08-26-2016, 04:17 AM
Loyal Fan

I went through season 6 very slowly, as I found the Rory dropping out/moving in with the grandparents really hard to watch. Apart from that I don't tend to skip any episodes, apart from those that I've seen a lot....like the Lorelai/Emily spa episode (I think I've seen that 10 times) and the first few episodes of season 4.
Old 08-26-2016, 04:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by valeposh (View Post)
I hate the L/C marriage storyline, but it was not illegal. Being married abroad is perfectly legal (I know since my husband is a US citizen who got married in Italy).
But at the time you had to be living in France a set time before you could get legally married, so maybe it turns out (years later) they weren't legally married... and maybe the capt' on the boat when Luke got married wasn't a real capt' so he also was never legally married?