Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-06-2007, 03:37 PM
Moderator Support Team

GG Episode Discussion 7.13 - I'd Rather Be In Philadelphia (Feb. 6th)

Episode 7.13 - I'd Rather Be In Philadelphia
Airdate: February 6th

Writer: Rebecca Rand Kirshner
Director: Lee Shallat Chemel

The CW: RICHARD IS HOSPITALIZED — In the hospital waiting room, Lorelai, Rory and Emily anxiously await word on Richard’s condition. When Logan hears what is happening, he borrows a helicopter to be by Rory’s side, but Lorelai is unable to reach Christopher, who is still angry over their fight the night before. Upset by Emily’s attempt to remain calm by dealing with her social calendar, Lorelai is relieved when Luke shows up unannounced and volunteers to run errands for Emily. Christopher finally arrives to be with Lorelai, but the scene at the hospital is more than he can take.

TV Guide.com: While Lorelai, Rory and Emily wait at the hospital for news of Richard's condition, Logan borrows a helicopter so that he can be there with Rory, and Luke arrives to help out and ends up running errands for Emily. Meanwhile, Lorelai cannot reach Christopher, to whom she hasn't talked since he stormed out of the house.

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 02-06-2007, 05:46 PM
Total Fan

"I'd rather be in Philadelphia" aww that's sweet, I'm in philadelphia...I wish they were here with me too

only 15 more minutes!

haha I love when lauren was describing Philly, "nice weather this time, liberty bell, cream cheese, I got nothing else...oh and philly cheese steaks!" yep that's all were usually known for!! lol

Last edited by Gilmoregirl82; 02-06-2007 at 06:20 PM Reason: edit
Old 02-07-2007, 05:32 AM
Loyal Fan

Overall another good ep!
All I am thinking right now is how much I love Luke and how much of an a$$ Christopher is! Argh! he angers me that man!

I loved all the Emily & Lorelai scenes, I love it when they get along.
Old 02-07-2007, 06:08 AM
Master Fan

I didn't love the ep. It was an okay ep but nothing more, filled with lot's of boring stuff especially between Logan and Rory. I went to the internet during their scenes when they packed Richards stuff. And somehow I expected more from the LL scenes. I still don't get why Luke had to come to the hospital, a call would have been enough just like all the other people did. Totally constructed.

I loved Lorelai's reference about seeing Richard as the small and at the end as the big tall man he always was for her, that was cute. And Emily was the best. Her crying scene in the hospital store was perfect. Yeah Lorelai what do you know about taking care for your husband? Right in her face, that was awesome Emily! I wanted to hug her in that scene. And those last two lines she said to Lorelai, awesome.

My highlight was Babbette when she tried to force Paul Anka for a walk.
Old 02-07-2007, 07:46 AM
Loyal Fan

I just finished watching it, and to me it was kind of a let down on a whole... but again my expectations were way to high. I enjoyed the fact that LL had a scene together (albeit for only mere seconds,) but apart from that, the whole episode felt rather cold.
If you just compare s1 hospital episode to this one... it pales in comparison. Not that I wanted to see the same thing again, but just the level of emotion could've been way more substantial.

As for Luke turning up at the hospital, to me it worked. How he said he basically went on auto-pilot and just ended up at the hospital, but then thought he'd be in the way or cause trouble between Lorelai and Chris, so he was just going to go, that's why I love Luke. He wasn't there with any ulterior motives (which can't really be said for Chris a lot of the time,) he just wanted to make sure everyone was ok, and that they didn't need anything, because that's who he is. He goes out of his way to help people and fix things, and as Jess said (although I don't agree,) it may not always be wanted help... but his intentions are *always* right.

My favourite part of the whole episode was probably the last scene where you see Luke dropping off the food you hear him say "Make sure they get it" before Lorelai walks over to him. He was just going to leave them 3 bags of food and quietly slip out... that just makes me love Luke more. He's not looking for people to shower him with their gratitude, he simply cares enough about these people to know that they'd appreciate that food, and then he was on his way.
Good on him for looking Chris straight in the eye and walking away.

So, this season is just making me love Luke more and more... when can the Lorelai love start again? Seriously, I want to love Lorelai again... I really do, but they're not making it easy.
Old 02-07-2007, 08:25 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma_Jane (View Post)
I just finished watching it, and to me it was kind of a let down on a whole... but again my expectations were way to high. I enjoyed the fact that LL had a scene together (albeit for only mere seconds,) but apart from that, the whole episode felt rather cold.
If you just compare s1 hospital episode to this one... it pales in comparison. Not that I wanted to see the same thing again, but just the level of emotion could've been way more substantial.

As for Luke turning up at the hospital, to me it worked. How he said he basically went on auto-pilot and just ended up at the hospital, but then thought he'd be in the way or cause trouble between Lorelai and Chris, so he was just going to go, that's why I love Luke. He wasn't there with any ulterior motives (which can't really be said for Chris a lot of the time,) he just wanted to make sure everyone was ok, and that they didn't need anything, because that's who he is. He goes out of his way to help people and fix things, and as Jess said (although I don't agree,) it may not always be wanted help... but his intentions are *always* right.

My favourite part of the whole episode was probably the last scene where you see Luke dropping off the food you hear him say "Make sure they get it" before Lorelai walks over to him. He was just going to leave them 3 bags of food and quietly slip out... that just makes me love Luke more. He's not looking for people to shower him with their gratitude, he simply cares enough about these people to know that they'd appreciate that food, and then he was on his way.
Good on him for looking Chris straight in the eye and walking away.

So, this season is just making me love Luke more and more... when can the Lorelai love start again? Seriously, I want to love Lorelai again... I really do, but they're not making it easy.
I also think it was a let down. I mean it wasn't supposed to be your most upbeat episode but lately that's all the show has been is sad and sappy. I loved seeing Michel and Babette again but overall just bored with the whole episode. The scenes btw Rory and Logan were boring. The scenes with Emily and Lorelai were yawning...I really was hoping for her to lean in and finally embrace her mother but instead she handed her tissues!

And then the previews for next week had me in tears. I am really starting to feel bad for Lorelai bc she is so lost but at the same time I need the upbeat GG back! I am tired of being bored and tired of being sad. I loved Santa's Secret Stuff bc it brought back the whole reason why I love this show.

I can say that I am glad that it's finally starting to come to a conclusion with the Chris and Lorelai triangle but how many more weeks of mopey lorelai are we going to have?

And I couldn't believe how incredibly rude Chris was to Luke at the end I wanted to jump through the screen and tear his head off LOL! I can't stand his "me me me" attitude. He is so self centered.

Anyways, I overall thought it was an okay show. But I am ready for the laughter of GG again.
Old 02-07-2007, 10:25 AM
Master Fan

An okay episode. Kinda boring sometimes but okay.
I expected at least a LL hug or something, but no unfortunaly not

I'm only going to heaven if it tastes like caramel
Old 02-07-2007, 02:52 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
expected at least a LL hug or something,
yeah it was wierd
just there, stand at wach othre
but i love the parte when emilie talk about be a wife, and lorelias eyes turner red =X
Old 02-07-2007, 03:19 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pretty-genes (View Post)
yeah it was wierd
just there, stand at wach othre
but i love the parte when emilie talk about be a wife, and lorelias eyes turner red =X
Emily had a point though.
Old 02-07-2007, 04:36 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by denisetjuh1 (View Post)
An okay episode. Kinda boring sometimes but okay.
I expected at least a LL hug or something, but no unfortunaly not
I atleast expected Lorelai to thank him at the end!
It really annoyed me that she didn't just because Christopher the d***head was there ... I hope he dies
Old 02-07-2007, 06:11 PM
New Fan

Yes the show wasn't always interesting -- and yes Rory and Logan left a lot to be desired -- BUT to me it's means this Christopher phase is almost over!!!! YEAH!!! The previews of her looking into the diner -- I just can't wait for her to go inside -- and for the towns folk to come out of hiding!!!! It will happen -- and I will wait -- but I feel it's soon!!!!!
Old 02-08-2007, 07:32 AM
Moderator Support Team

I saw the episoe last night (thank god it didnt take me as long as last week)

the episode was okay.. I loved emilys breakdown in the hospital... the LL scenes were all right .. I havent had any expectations so I was satisfied with them

Chris is a jerk... he wasnt even there for her only cause he was pissed.. he should have swallowed his pride and be by her side .. btu yeah ..thats chris.. never there when he should be

bbut Luke was ... and thats who luke is ..always there when something is up

Lauren looked great I loved her scenes and lines

Rory and logan.. well... they are not my fav couple so ... I wasnt really interested in their scenes

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 02-08-2007, 09:09 AM
Loyal Fan

Hmm, the episode was okay, nothing special.

Loved Lorelai/Emily, loved Luke being... Luke!
Derek&Meredith · Sam&Addison · Will&Emma
Old 02-11-2007, 08:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

Just saw the episode...

It was okay. Lauren seemed to have a cold or something.. at least her vice sounded like this..

Chris really is an idiot.. He should have been there for Lor.
Luke was great.. Loved him for being there...

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 02-11-2007, 11:19 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blemma (View Post)
I atleast expected Lorelai to thank him at the end!
It really annoyed me that she didn't just because Christopher the d***head was there ... I hope he dies
I agree, I think the most polite think to do was at least thanking him

Tamy