Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2018, 05:29 PM
New Fan

Regarding that Buffy reboot, I don't think it'll happen. Someone inside the network has to rally for it to happen like Pedowitz for example with Charmed. Pedowitz have not shown any interest in Buffy. Buffy was during Ostroff's reign right? Yeah I don't see him going for it.
Old 04-29-2018, 06:04 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvineverettwa (View Post)
Regarding that Buffy reboot, I don't think it'll happen. Someone inside the network has to rally for it to happen like Pedowitz for example with Charmed. Pedowitz have not shown any interest in Buffy. Buffy was during Ostroff's reign right? Yeah I don't see him going for it.
Only the last season of Buffy on UPN was under Ostroff's reign. I don't see Buffy ever happening either though. The backlash for Charmed and Roswell is bad enough, but Buffy would be on a level that no one has seen before.
Old 04-30-2018, 04:33 AM
Elite Fan

Buffy without SMG => No way, can't happen EVER!
Old 04-30-2018, 04:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh heck no, that would be a disaster for anyone involved

Old 04-30-2018, 05:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesophia (View Post)
Buffy without SMG => No way, can't happen EVER!
My version of any Buffy reboot would HAVE Sarah involved. Otherwise no way, no hell... My vision if it were to ever happen were to have Sarah back as either the "mentor" or as "Mommy Buffy" who is guiding her youngish/teenage daughter as she takes over her mother mantel as Vampire Slayer.

CW is in love with superhero's right now, or other magical creatures which Roswell would qualify under. So I don't think they would go for a CW if they could get the rights to it. But then given it a couple of years, maybe...

OR FOX needing a show. They will go for a reboot. IF the reboot craze continues with solid ratings for the newest entries, look for next season's pilot season.

Everything I have read about the buzz at CW for Roswell and Charmed is that they will very likely get PICKED UP. Now the question is where they will put them. Both in the fall, or split, one in the fall, one in mid season given they renewed almost their whole slate of shows...

And don't have a lot of room, and have a few other shows that are little buzz worthy.

There will be only backlash if the original cast isn't involved in some way. Roswell barely had a ripple in the mainstream media except for hardcore fans. Still there are tons who look interested. And Charmed, it had lot of backlash but not enough to detour the network!

I think if Buffy is ever rebooted. I think they will want Sarah involved. She was too iconic in the role for them not to have her involved.
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Old 05-01-2018, 07:30 PM
New Fan

I am new to fan forum, but a big Roswell fan. I unfortunately think the CW will pick up the reboots of Roswell and Charmed, just because they seem to give almost any of their shows a shot. If either will do well I do not know.

I do know the CW does not own the rights to Roswell, which means it will not have anything from the original Roswell that was not in the books, because they can not use it, I do not even think they can use the name Roswell.

That makes me wonder if they have the rights to Charmed, or if they are also just trying to put their reboot with the original shows to try to drum up fans and ratings for them.

I honestly do not know if the new Roswell cast can honestly pull off the show and keep it going. I think between the reboots of Roswell and Charmed, that Charmed may last longer than Roswell. That is also because Plec and Cady are not the best writers and directors with series. They seem to do well if they have someone behind them helping or starting the series for them, like Plec had with TVD and Kevin Williamson.
Old 05-02-2018, 05:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Welcome to FF, Velvetkiss!

I started a new thread here:
http://www.fanforum.com/f12/roswell-.../#post93802867

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top