Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2018, 05:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Roswell Reboot Discussion Thread #2

Figured we could continue our chat, see what happens and share our opinions on this reboot. Remember no bashing of real people and keep your opinions respectful

Old 05-02-2018, 08:23 PM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks for this!
Old 05-10-2018, 09:00 PM
Part-Time Fan

So there's no official word yet, but it does look like the name of this show is titled Roswell, NM (or possibly going with the whole title of Roswell, New Mexico). There is an official twitter account set up for it, complete with banner and everything. There are rumblings that all the CW pilots in contention that have twitter banners, were in fact picked up to series. So that would mean:

Roswell, NM
Charmed
Wayward Sisters
In the Dark
End of the World As We Know It
Legacies (TVD/TO-Hope Spinoff)

It's possible that one or two other shows are still a maybe and the fate of iZombie has yet to be decided. So there we have it. I'm sure everything will be official come tomorrow.

ETA: Take this all with a grain of salt until it's confirmed!

Last edited by PrincipessaBella; 05-10-2018 at 10:26 PM
Old 05-11-2018, 03:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

WELL the dreaded day came. It's been PICKED up to series. Still not sure when it will be slated, or how long the episode count. And the name sucks. What kind of name is Roswell, New Mexico. They should have picked New Mexico.

Source: TVLINE.com

Quote:
Roswell Reboot Ordered to Series
By Andy Swift / May 11 2018, 3:15 PM PDT

Brace yourselves for an alien invasion: The CW has officially ordered the Roswell reboot (now titled Roswell, New Mexico) to series.

A reimagining of the cult classic of the same name — which aired for two seasons on The WB before relocating to UPN for one last hurrah — The CW’s updated version centers around Liz Ortecho (Grey’s Anatomy’s Jeanine Mason), a jaded biomedical researcher and the daughter of undocumented immigrants who is haunted by a tragic incident. She discovers a shocking truth about her teenage crush (played by The Originals‘ Nathan Parsons): He’s an alien.

Additional cast members include Michael Trevino (The Vampire Diaries) and Tyler Blackburn (Pretty Little Liars).

The original Roswell ran from 1999 to 2002 and helped launch the careers of familiar names like Shiri Appleby, Nick Wechsler, Emilie de Ravin and Katherine Heigl.
Charmed was also picked up.
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Old 05-11-2018, 04:05 PM
Part-Time Fan

At least it's a different name, I guess? I'm trying to find as many silver linings as I can with this news. I'm also super salty that Wayward Sisters wasn't picked up, because you know, why do that when you can't let the TVD/TO worlds die.
Old 05-11-2018, 04:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Just this morning I was thinking we'd probably get an announcement in the next couple days. There you have it!

Hey, at lest they're calling it something else

Old 05-11-2018, 04:25 PM
Addicted Fan

Well this should be interning on how it all plays out.

Perhaps people will be interested in the original and push dvd streaming/sales.

Last edited by natalie4237; 05-11-2018 at 05:01 PM
Old 05-11-2018, 05:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's Bloodbath Friday. Everything is being cancelled LOL. The Upfronts start this weekend, which is why all the decisions are coming out today with some outstanding for the weekend, or their actual Upfront Presentation.

We will know eventually where it's been slotted. I wouldn't be surprised it gets Sunday. Since they have the high profile superhero weekdays during the week. And it doesn't really fit with any of the superhero's.

Charmed and Roswell, NM probably will get Sunday. With the low rated shows like Dynasty getting "Low Expectations" Friday.

Or they will split them up. And do one in the fall, and one in the mid season.
Old 05-11-2018, 05:23 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper1975 (View Post)
It's Bloodbath Friday. Everything is being cancelled LOL. The Upfronts start this weekend, which is why all the decisions are coming out today with some outstanding for the weekend, or their actual Upfront Presentation.

We will know eventually where it's been slotted. I wouldn't be surprised it gets Sunday. Since they have the high profile superhero weekdays during the week. And it doesn't really fit with any of the superhero's.

Charmed and Roswell, NM probably will get Sunday. With the low rated shows like Dynasty getting "Low Expectations" Friday.

Or they will split them up. And do one in the fall, and one in the mid season.
With the amount of shows, it wouldn't surprise me if Charmed got a full 22 episode season and Roswell, NM got 13 and was maybe midseason. I think they have more stock in Charmed and are kind of just testing the waters for R,NM. I also don't think they would put two brand new shows on their new Sunday opening to compete against other, better, shows and Sunday night football. It would make more sense if Supernatural (which has proven it can get the numbers on any night it's on) was moved to Sundays and paired with Charmed. Dynasty is never moving out of Fridays so they may keep their Friday schedule as is or maybe pair Dynasty with In the Dark, which I'm not sure they have all that much faith in because it's not genre.
Old 05-11-2018, 06:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

True. FOX is getting Football next season (which is why they had a high number of cancellations among their roster). Which will mean CBS will be at full strength in the fall. Won't be needing to put their Thursday shows on Monday for the full half of the fall. And they will have Murphy Brown probably in the fall.

It really depends on how the shows tested, and Sunday is new for CW. So they might try to put some of their new shows to get some viewers that night. I can't see them wasting one of their comic properties on that night...

Friday will be for Dynasty and Jane.

I could see them putting Charmed and Supergirl together with the "Girl Power" theme.

Roswell, NM could get paired with Riverdale. Or matched with the Original's Legacies.

It's very hard to figure...

I figure iZombie will be kept for mid season. Maybe Dark too because it was never high in the ranks during testing season...
Old 05-12-2018, 02:15 AM
New Fan

Looks like it tested well. As it defeated Wayward Sisters for a slot. This or Charmed will be fighting over for that CW promo budget assuming both get a Fall slot. There's a chance that Berlanti's football drama gets a midseason slot and midseason promo budget.
Old 05-12-2018, 11:23 AM
Elite Fan

Excuse me I'm gonna barf!!! Can't believe this **** got ordered.
Old 05-12-2018, 03:50 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvineverettwa (View Post)
Looks like it tested well. As it defeated Wayward Sisters for a slot. This or Charmed will be fighting over for that CW promo budget assuming both get a Fall slot. There's a chance that Berlanti's football drama gets a midseason slot and midseason promo budget.
I don't think it was ever really a choice between picking up this or Wayward Sisters. I'm almost certain that this show was always a lock for pickup, though I do think that if they had to choose between this or Charmed, Charmed would have won out. Wayward had to compete against the Hope spinoff (Legacies) and since the network seems hellbent on keeping that world alive, they went with it. It really wouldn't surprise me if Charmed got almost all the promo budget, seeing as that seems to be what the CW is banking on as their next star. I'm not sure they're even thinking about the fact that it's entirely possible that neither one of these versions will do well. They're hoping that by having name recognition, that they'll be automatic hits...but their past/current attempts have proven that that isn't always the case. I'm still thinking that Roswell, NM will get a midseason, 13-16 episode order, but we'll know for sure next Thursday when they announce their schedule.
Old 05-12-2018, 04:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincipessaBella (View Post)
I don't think it was ever really a choice between picking up this or Wayward Sisters. I'm almost certain that this show was always a lock for pickup, though I do think that if they had to choose between this or Charmed, Charmed would have won out. Wayward had to compete against the Hope spinoff (Legacies) and since the network seems hellbent on keeping that world alive, they went with it. It really wouldn't surprise me if Charmed got almost all the promo budget, seeing as that seems to be what the CW is banking on as their next star. I'm not sure they're even thinking about the fact that it's entirely possible that neither one of these versions will do well. They're hoping that by having name recognition, that they'll be automatic hits...but their past/current attempts have proven that that isn't always the case. I'm still thinking that Roswell, NM will get a midseason, 13-16 episode order, but we'll know for sure next Thursday when they announce their schedule.
In the buzz portion of the pilot season, basically the last month or so... Yeah, Roswell and Charmed led the list for "shoo-in" pickups. Same with the Original spinoff. Everything else was just a matter of what to pick.

Given CW renewed practically renewed every show it currently has except for Life Sentence and Valor.

So Roswell and Charmed were always going to be picked. It's the just where they go now with the actual schedule. And we will really see what kind of value the network had in the shows. Or wait until the mid season...

Because the fall season always gets the most promotion. And higher ratings. So we're see where this all lands.
Old 05-12-2018, 08:41 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

OK so the NEW show got picked up. I had a feeling it would.

I think it could be paired with Original Legacies together makes sense only because Julie Plec and Carina worked on the Originals.

The only thing I like is that they added the words New Mexico to the title to show it is different.

Either then that I am so upset about this!

I hope the other new CW shows like Wayward Sisters does better and they let Roswell New Mexico crash and burn!

Roswell because nothing beats the original!

I feel that should a fan art or something that we can tweet out with the hashtag Roswell.

If this NEW show premieres in the fall it would be a fun way to kick off the 20th Anniversary of Roswell that will take place in 2019!

We did something similar to this when Star-crossed premiered on the CW and tweeted out Remember Roswell and had fan art made to kick off the 15 year Anniversary. It was a huge hit and more people wanted to check out Roswell as a result.

Lets plan something really cool and beautiful for the 20th Anniversary that will happen in 2019 on October 6th!

Lets show the CW that we still remember! Roswell was pure magic lets show them and a younger generation how magical Roswell was and still is!

Lets make fan art and videos that we can post and tweet and post during the day the NEW show Roswell New Mexico aires.

Lets turn a negative into a positive and show the CW what the original Roswell and fans were all about!

Lets show the CW that we STILL BELIEVE!
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread