Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2017, 06:10 PM
Addicted Fan

Indyfan! Much snow?

Hollicks - that's like our Ovaltine? Do you prefer it warm, or cold? Our temperature has just dropped by 30F in the past 24 hours; it's just above freezing now & going down...
I don't think I have any Ovaltine... but I do have cocoa!

Brigitte retired? Congratulations to her! If I recall correctly, she's younger than I. What did she retire from, so young?

If you ever do get hold of TYB, tell her we're worried. She should get more calcium, and Vitamin D. The best way to do that is, of course, cocoa! Or chocolate milk. Pumpkin pie. I'm getting hungry... What? I just slow-cooked a corned beef, and I have some pre-cooked cabbage thawing. And some vegies, and pie. I'm going now...
Old 02-26-2017, 01:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks Dawn, for checking on Cuddles and ThereYoull Be!
Hope they will both be better soon.

Our Bliss is retiring?! Such a young thing, she is.
I wish her well. Now maybe she'll have time to post.

Not much snow at all here. Flakes were flying and coated the grass, but all is gone now.
Old 02-27-2017, 03:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm HOME!

Have fractures all along my lower back, they think they've just been growing from the time I got hurt 2 years ago.

Anyway, legs gave out because of it, and I couldn't stand. Ambulance took me to the hospital here, overnight, then another ambulance took me to Asheville to a hospital for 4 nights, then short term health care. I couldn't stand for about a week, then started intensive physical therapy. Just a lot of doctors missed what was going on with my back.

Home now, with a walker, and a cane, still in lots of pain. Extreme pain. Anyway, a nurse will come to the house tomorrow, then I'll have physical therapy here at the house. Several dr appointments ahead. See mine for the first time, Wednesday. Hopefully he can get the rest of my health back in order.

and missed you guys!

Kim
Old 02-27-2017, 06:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yay! She's back!
Old 03-01-2017, 07:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Happy Birthday Indy!!!

Hope you had an amazing day!

Kim
Old 03-02-2017, 06:50 AM
Passionate Fan

Happy Birthday Indy for yesterday Sorry I didn't make it in here to celebrate with you. I hope you had a fab day

And look who's back with us, our Kimmie You have been missed my friend

Dawnie
Old 03-02-2017, 06:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks, Dawn & Kimmie.
Old 03-03-2017, 08:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

How was your birthday?

I'm still in lots of pain, getting physical therapy at home, and a nurse at home.

Trying to find a ride to my appointment with the spine Dr. in Asheville on April 4. Mom can't drive that far, and I'm not allowed to drive.

What's going on with all of you? I feel like I'm talking to myself.

Kim
Old 03-03-2017, 08:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So glad you are back! As you can see on the last two pages, I've been chatting to myself ever since you and Cuddles were in the hospital.

Nothing big on my birthday; still went to school. The beginning students tried to play Happy Birthday for me.

Sorry you are in so much pain; glad you have an at home nurse with you.
Old 03-03-2017, 10:38 PM
Addicted Fan

She's back! Yay! (Gently!)

Sorry you've got such pain, and your back is such a wreck. I hope they're able to fix it, or heal it, or something useful. I wish I could offer you that ride to your Dr. next month! If there's anything we can do, let us know.

And Indy!

What've we been up to? Minor panic at Church: We had new heating boilers installed about 5 years ago. They work fine... but they weren't installed to the building code, nor the boiler code. The installers didn't even get the necessary permits!

So, the Inspector noticed something amiss, and wrote it up - and I passed it along to the guys who installed them and have been servicing them right along. And they lost the paperwork. So when the Inspector came by this January, he gave us 30 days to get everything fixed. One problem is that the boilers were installed too close to one wall - except if we moved them away from that wall, they'd be against the other wall! The boiler room is too small! And since they're in their own little cellar, we can't just make the room bigger than it was built 150 years ago. There are also problems with the wiring (no shut offs,etc.), and the safety valve on one boiler is not as big as it's supposed to be. SAFETY valve. See the problem? So we've been getting the installers to re-do their work, had electricians in to re-do the electrics, and an architect to draw up plans for the room, to submit in hopes of getting a variance on the boilers' locations. It's about done.

Then, we'll have a little chat with the guys who so expensively botched the job originally...

Just a little chat.

Last edited by Reggie; 03-03-2017 at 11:15 PM
Old 03-04-2017, 01:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks Reggie.

Wow that's a mess at your church. I can't stand it when people don't do the job they're supposed to, or well. I can't understand some people's sense of what is right, instead of doing things wrong.

Hope they get it done soon.

Kim
Old 03-04-2017, 08:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It's a snowy morning here. Won't last long. Warm next week.

Bunnykins! You were posting at 3 am. Guess you still have trouble sleeping.
Old 03-04-2017, 03:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Wow on the snow! It's been cold here, but not snowy. I bet it's pretty.

Well, I got up a couple of times, then between went back to sleep for about 2 hours at a time, so not quite as bad.

Kim
Old 03-04-2017, 07:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Good to know. Hope you sleep well tonight.
I just got back from a percussion competition.
Old 03-04-2017, 10:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

How did the competition go?

Kim
Closed Thread   Post New Thread