Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2018, 10:21 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsis (View Post)
Hi Candies

It's great to see everyone here. B&T it deserves a shot on Netfilx. Here's hoping it gets it's chance to shine.
Maybe with the Roswell reboot, it will give ideas to Netflix and give B+T a try?

Quote:
I don't know, it could bring back a new magic. If not, like I said before I would be happy with this. The trailer, the pictures and the attentive way it was all done I feel that this is a tribute to us as well as M&M.
At least, with B+T, we would get BF and MD on screen again. We KNOW that they have chemistry so it's always a bonus, for a tv series. The reboot... we don't know if the actors will have chemistry, if the writing will respect the original characters (I have my doubts, considering what the writers already came up with in terms of character definition, for Michael and Maria ), or if they will even have an important part of will remain in the background.

- Michael and Maria belong together (Thania St John, writer)
Icon : ?
Old 04-06-2018, 03:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That is a good point though, I wonder if Netflix would realise people are still interested in the whole Roswell world and that might help B&T?

That would be nice, anyway!

Old 04-06-2018, 08:34 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

I agree it would be nice!
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Old 04-07-2018, 09:55 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lxury (View Post)
That is a good point though, I wonder if Netflix would realise people are still interested in the whole Roswell world and that might help B&T?

That would be nice, anyway!
Yeah, I was thinking about that, the other day. That if there's a new interest in Roswell and that there are ancien Roswellians actors who have a project linked to Roswell, it might at least help landing a pilot.

Old 04-08-2018, 05:13 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

I agree but it is a NEW show with a new cast and a whole new concept. I don't even think most of the main characters in this one are in High School.
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
Old 04-08-2018, 07:41 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswell 10/2/00 (View Post)
I agree but it is a NEW show with a new cast and a whole new concept. I don't even think most of the main characters in this one are in High School.
Young adults, from what I understood. It doesn't disturb me that much, to be honest. It's more the way the characters were described that I really didn't like. They are so... 2018.

Old 04-09-2018, 08:09 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

My Roswell friend who was on fan forum back in the day as Lost in Yorkers was dying when I told her how Max was a cop, Maria was a social media blogger, and how Alex was gay and in the ROTC and how Micheal had a record in the reboot.

She was like OMG. She even in more shock when I told her how Julie Plec was at the helm as director and producer.

She was like "OMG Vampire Diaries no wonder their casting is so bad". She also thought that Carina Mackenzie instagram page was so imature and how she could tell it was going to be a disaster.

She then when on to say "Looks like all the CW has done is proven that they never had a clue about what the fans liked about their show (Roswell 99). They never knew what they had. They have no idea what they are talking about and how the reboot will fail because they can't understand the real fandom and how the show was ahead of it's time way back when. Roswell= Rip-off. They should produce a show called Clueless that one they ought to manage. Well at least watching them crash and burn should be amusing. "

I totally agree with what she said.

I love peoples reaction to this reboot. I love how the die hards know the truth!

This is a NEW show!
Old 04-10-2018, 11:11 AM
Elite Fan

Roswell was unique in the sens that the friendships between the characters were true and not based on agression-jealousy. And also that the love stories went deep and long lasting.

This just doesn't exist anymore on tv. This new Roswell won't recapture that magic, it will just be another CW show.

Old 04-10-2018, 06:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ agreed

Plus, the friendships felt real and were well-written IMO. Just like the romances. You actually felt the connection and weren't just watching/having relationships shoved in your face.

Old 04-10-2018, 09:14 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

That is why I kept on watching even with the bad storyline no matter how bad it got I loved the characters so much I had to see how it ended!

I agree watching Roswell felt like seeing old friends.
Old 04-12-2018, 08:10 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lxury (View Post)
^ agreed

Plus, the friendships felt real and were well-written IMO. Just like the romances. You actually felt the connection and weren't just watching/having relationships shoved in your face.
Yes, I feel like friendships are based on superficiality and can break down at any time, for a guy, a girl, a job, a competition... unless I have missed shows where this is respected, like Roswell?

Old 04-13-2018, 09:20 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Totally agree they don't write them like they used to!

The Kyle story I could relate to. True story I had a boyfriend senior year of high School. He was my Senior Prom date as well. We were frends first then dated for a year. Then that later on we realized we were better frineds then boyfriend and girlfriend. Over the years he became a really good friend of mine. I even went to his Wedding! It was one of the happiest days of my life to see him find the love of his life.

I was always so thankful that Roswell showed a great storyline and freindship between Liz and Kyle. I could relate to that friendship and I am glad they showed something like that on TV.

It's crazy how on TV in all the shows everyone has to sleep wtih one another. I miss the days where they could show a friendship on TV or even a romantic one and it didn't always lead to a one night stand.

Writers knew how to write back then.
Old 04-14-2018, 08:43 AM
Elite Fan

There are trends. Lost started the "Killing off plenty of characters" trends. Before that, it was rare, now it's common. There aren't romantic shows a la Roswell, there are shows where Young people (either in high school or Young adults), who change boyfriends or girlfriends like kleenex.

Maybe that's why there are so many sitcoms revivals. The fact that it works so much, for so many sitcoms (Mad about you being the last, Murphy Brown, Roseanne, Full House, Will & Grace...) indicates that there's a nostalgia for a time when tv was simpler, with more sincere feelings.

Old 04-14-2018, 12:07 PM
Part-Time Fan

Hi Candies,
I remember being a captive audience when I first watched Roswell. No way would I have watched without being roped into it because I also expected the same old teen show with the two dimensional characters bed hopping. Oh yeah boring. I started to really enjoy the writing with 285 south, but didn't get hooked til Independence Day. After that I was hooked into the well developed characters and the story line that was character driven. The friendships were wonderful and had depth. I too liked Kyle and Liz's friendship. I also liked Isabel's love for her mom and her relationship with both her parents.

~Mark Twain
Old 04-14-2018, 08:51 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

I agree Independence Day is one of the most amazing episodes in Roswell. I wish it got more press. It is brilliant how they wrote it. The acting and the storyline were incredible! I never had seen or will see an episode like Independence Day on TV ever again!

It was so dark and deep and hopeful all at the same time.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread