Old 07-22-2018, 05:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Big no from me!

Old 07-22-2018, 09:42 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Yes Co Mods Unite!

I am sure we all feel the same way. No Candies no watching for me!

However when the New show aires I would love to do something like we did when Star Crossed aired in 2014.

Back in 2014 We had the Remember Roswell Twitter campaign to get people interested in watching our Roswell when Star Crossed was on the air. It was a positive campaign as well we did videos and cool fan art. It was funny because 2014 marked the 15 year anniversary of Roswell and when End Of The World was going to happen so we tired it in with the twitter campaign. We would tweet using hash tages of #Starcrossed and #RememberRoswell in the same tweet so it would come up on the Star Crossed Twitter feed when Starcrossed was airing on the CW. We tried to get the hashtag to trend but the campaign worked!

Roswell was noticed and even the Star Crossed cast expressed their love for our show and some even watched it! The art work the Roswell fans made was so beautiful for the campaign

Next year marks the 20th Anniversary of Roswell and it would be cool to create fan arts and banners expressing the love we have for our Roswell. The fan art banners could have the slogan like

Roswell because you can't beat the original
20 years later we still believe!
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Old 07-23-2018, 07:30 AM
Elite Fan

I think I would have prefered if the writers had chosen the same universe as OUR characters but not with OUR characters. Like 20 years later, in Roswell, something happens that reminds the people of the town of what happened back then. They could have come up with a new mystery, new aliens, who knows?

This way, we could even have our characters doing cameos or appearing for an episode.

But here, this reboot? I don't feel it. It doesn't feel like Roswell.

- Michael and Maria belong together (Thania St John, writer)
Icon : ?
Old 07-23-2018, 07:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I would have been much more down with that, actually. An extension of our world, not a new version.

Old 07-23-2018, 09:01 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

This is not Roswell!

Yes a reboot 20 years later with the original cast I would of loved. The original show gave them a perfect segway if they wanted to do that. i so would of watch that!

But this this is like a bad soap opera mixed in with a b rated horror movie! Oh Julie Plec what have you done to our beloved show!

Roswell because you can't beat the original! Roswell with out Candy is not Roswell at all!
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
Old 07-24-2018, 07:13 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lxury (View Post)
I would have been much more down with that, actually. An extension of our world, not a new version.
Exactly. A reboot is rarely meant to succeed (why so many reboots, anyway, which ones are successfull, apart maybe from Fuller House, which uses the same concept, same characters but now they are older?),old fans are angry that their characters are used and changed.

While if the same universe had been used but with new characters, with only references to the old ones, that would have been much more accepted by the old fans. And like it or not, angry fans can cause damages, as we can see with Star Wars and The Last Jedi.

Sure, the Roswell fans aren't numerous and Roswell is nowhere close to SW, but it's not a reason to ignore that the old fans aren't likely to watch this reboot and will talk badly about it on social media.

Old 07-24-2018, 01:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It’s all just money. It’s easier for a network to assume they can make money off of a proven concept like Charmed or Roswell, despite the detractors. Now, this Buffy reboot, however . . . Buffy should be left untouched more so than any other 90s show.

I think it’s silly for us to be sitting here passing judgment on the guy they have playing Michael when all we’ve seen are pictures of him and a few seconds of his acting in the promo. I don’t think he’s as attractive as Brendan, either, but we don’t know anything about what charisma he may or may not have on screen.
ICON
Old 07-25-2018, 03:46 AM
Elite Fan

From what I have seen, this Michael is not promising. Neither is this Isabel. I reserve judgement on Alex, barely seen in the trailer. Same for Kyle. Max and Liz are okay, IMO, but that's all, okay. Maria? Can't be sure, once again, not much in it. But Michael was more in it than Maria or Alex and yes, I can say that to me, it's not promising at all on the Michael Guerin front.

Old 07-25-2018, 03:48 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Now, this Buffy reboot, however . . . Buffy should be left untouched more so than any other 90s show.

Buffy will be rebooted. It's a matter of time. Whether the fans like it or not. For Hollywood, no show is safe and holy. If Roswell or Charmed or both get even average ratings but that the CW deems that acceptable, Buffy is the next show to be rebooted.

Old 07-25-2018, 03:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

This Michael looked bland to me, but yes, I'm judging that off the few seconds of footage we got. Of course if I watched, I could grow to like this Michael. But I wasn't planning on watching

I love our Michael too much!

Buffy - not surprising, but again - if it was a continuation of that world, that would be cool. Except then, change her name. Thanks!

Old 07-25-2018, 08:55 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

To be honest with you I got so confused watching the trailer for the New show the guy playing Michael and the guy playing Max look so alike!

Oh how I loved our Michael! Brendan played him so well!

So did Majandra as Maria!

Buffy can try to be rebooted but it will never be as good as the original! I fear what the reboot will look like! Buffy will be so hard to redo and make it as magical!

It is scary to think how nothing is safe!

I wish they would bring back Everwood or Young Americans for a reboot! They only lasted a season or two and ended with cliff hangers.
Old 07-26-2018, 09:22 AM
Elite Fan

God, now it's Frasier's turn!!! There are talks of a reboot.

Old 07-26-2018, 07:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh heck no! Certainly people can just like...create new shows and stories? It doesn't seem that hard.

Old 07-27-2018, 09:25 AM
Elite Fan

It's not just a problem of launching a new show that is the problem. It's ideas. People are nostalgic of the 80's, 90's, 00's. There were plenty of great shows.

Now, shows seem to be formated: love triangles, deaths, shocking twists, it's all the same. And there doesn't seem to be lots of "familial sitcoms". Back in the 80's/90's, you could Watch with your children sitcoms like Who's the boss, The Nanny, Cosby Show and plenty of others. Now, where are those kind of shows?

There's a lack of familial sitcoms, and writers or Hollywood, I don't know, don't want to try to start a new trend by creating new ones. So they use old ones. That's why sitcoms are the shows the most rebooted, Full House, Roseanne, Will and Grace, maybe Frasier, Mad about you…. I bet Who's the boss will be tested too.

Old 07-28-2018, 10:22 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Charles in Charge will be next! :

I agree there is lack of family sitcomes. i also agree that shows now a days are more stylized. There was a certain grittiness as I call it to shows in 90's and early 2000. It was a time that was different. Certain shows reflected the times that sometimes you can't go back and redue.

They can't redue M.A.S.H becasue it was about the Vietman war.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread