Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2018, 07:47 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Board Recustomisation

Hi everyone ,

The Fan Forum Graphics Team is in the process of (re)customising message boards and now it's your turn!

If you have any picture or colour suggestions please post them in this thread. Don't post (hotlink) the pictures, links to them are fine. Make sure that the pictures are of as high quality as possible and that the top of the head of the person in the picture isn't cropped off. We also like to use photoshoot images when possible, preferably individual pictures of each cast member. When suggesting colours please keep in mind that some colours will work better than others. The Team usually tries to avoid really vibrant and dark colours because we have found in the past that they are hard to look at for long periods of time. If you would like some help coming up with colour combinations we recommend checking out the design seeds website.

Everyone is encouraged to voice their opinions for this as you are the ones who will be posting on the board and we hope to make as many people happy with the finished result as possible. It does not matter if you are a board moderator, regular poster, or casual poster here. If you have a suggestion, please share it here with us .

Your suggestions for possible pictures and colours will be taken into serious consideration, but in the interest of seeing every board receive the best customised look possible the final decision concerning how this board will be customised will be made by the members of the Graphics Team. This is because we want to make sure that the selected graphic and colours fit into the overall design scheme that we've established for Fan Forum.

For a full explanation of the message board customisation process, see this thread. If you have any questions, please feel free to send Mel, Chelle, or Rora a PM or ask the Team on the message board customisation thread.

Please leave this topped until a week or so after the board has been (re)customised.

Note: It usually takes less than two weeks for us to finish making the new banner and the sooner we know what you want, the more we can work on it (though it can take a few months or so to set it up with the new colours on the board), so please let us know your suggestions as soon as possible.

When the Team have made and voted on a winning graphic I will close this thread until the graphic and colours get put up. It will then be re-opened so that you can share your thoughts about it.

Mel, Chelle, and Rora

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 09:05 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Awesome! I am sure my co mod and I can come up with something everyone will like.
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Roswell 10/2/00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 10:25 PM
Graphics Team Manager

We welcome & encourage suggestions from all posters, not just the moderators of the board

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 07-16-2018, 05:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yay, thanks!

I for some reason kind of associate this show with blues and greens, not sure why. Maybe something along those lines?

I have to think about the banner!

Damocles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 05:40 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I think of brown/green for the desert area personally but i don't post here . If you take a look at the design seeds website linked in the OP you might find something you like

I imagine you would want all the same characters in the banner? It'd be hard to find reason to cut any. Unless you just wanted the aliens (3 or 4), Liz & Maria? But seems wrong & leaving off great characters to me

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 07-17-2018, 12:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

Do you guys know anything about hte new show yet?
I mean is it possible there would be a new board or will it be discussed here?
Would you like to include the new show in the banner also if the show would be discussed here and not on their own board?

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
kostilicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 01:05 AM
Graphics Team Manager

The new show isn't until midseason (so end of this year/start of next year) so there wouldn't be anything available to use for the new show. If you do want to be inclusive of the new show we can close this & come back at the start of next year. However, as far as I'm aware the new show will be being included in the midseason poll at the end of the year as an option for a new board. Personally I'm considering it as a separate show to this as its a whole new show (same as Charmed) so it doesn't come into consideration for me when it comes to this boards recustomisation right now. Another option is that we do this board now & then come back to it again sooner if you at a later date become the board for both shows & wish to be inclusive of that. All you'd have to do there is contact me & we'll take that request into consideration & see where we could fit it in

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 07-17-2018, 03:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

ah sorry, my fault.. I thought it would be already on this fall..
thanks also for clarifying the board stuff

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
kostilicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 03:39 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Nope, they're holding it off for midseason as far as I know. Then I don't think even the fall ones have pictures yet anyway?

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 07-18-2018, 08:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I personally would assume there would be an entirely different board for the new show, and I'd prefer to keep any characters from that show off this banner

I also can't find reason to cut anyone!

I kind of like the "cycle" colours here:
https://www.design-seeds.com/autumn-issue-no-2/

Old 07-18-2018, 09:46 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Thanks for confirming for the new show . As far as I know the new one will at least be added in a poll to get a board . Don't know if the interest will be here for it to happen but that's a different story. If this board does end up as the place to discuss it & there's interest in adding the new characters in let us/me know & we can look at redoing the board again . I imagine there's some dislike towards the remake here though so also completely understand not wanting them in the graphic or even discussing the show much here

I know SpoilerTV has pics but do you know any other good sites with promotional pictures from the show? Any picture or season preferences for them?

Is this the colour scheme you like? That's pretty & would be easy on the eyes

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 07-18-2018, 09:52 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lxury (View Post)
I personally would assume there would be an entirely different board for the new show, and I'd prefer to keep any characters from that show off this banner

I also can't find reason to cut anyone!

I kind of like the "cycle" colours here:
https://www.design-seeds.com/autumn-issue-no-2/

YES ONLY ONE Board PLEASE for the Original Roswell! We were hear first lets keep it that way!

The new show has a new cast, and a totally new storyline and concept then our beloved show! Plus it has a different name anyway! It's called Roswell New Mexico! So they can have their NEW and OWN board!

I love the colors! I am thinking maybe orange and gold. It reminds me of the colors used in the title opening for Roswell.
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!

Last edited by Roswell 10/2/00; 07-18-2018 at 10:00 PM
Roswell 10/2/00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 10:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswell 10/2/00 (View Post)
YES ONLY ONE Board PLEASE for the Original Roswell! We were hear first lets keep it that way!

The new show has a new cast, and a totally new storyline and concept then our beloved show! Plus it has a different name anyway! It's called Roswell New Mexico! So they can have their NEW and OWN board!

I love the colors! I am thinking maybe orange and gold. It reminds me of the colors used in the title opening for Roswell.
It only makes sense if the new show does have a following, for it have it's own board since as it was said... it has it's own name.

In terms of color. Some form of orange would be good. Once upon a time wasn't the board orange and black? I am only going on memory... I believe the last one before this one was purple...

But some form of orange would be good. Or maybe red, if they might for the colors... But I am fine with anything...

Season One DVD .. Orangie/Black/Redish…almost burnt orange.
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Jasper1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 07:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The original board had a dark background and was kind of orangey/brown (I have a screencap if anyone cares).

I personally DESPISE orange, but if everyone else likes it that's ok with me!

And yes Chelle that's the one I was looking at

Old 07-19-2018, 07:44 PM
Graphics Team Manager

We no longer do darker boards so that aspect of the previous colour scheme won't be replicated. We also prefer to avoid red whenever possible and black is almost exclusively only used for the text in posts. We can however incorporate orange/burnt orange shades into the new colour scheme if that's what you would like . We may even be able to make it work with the colour scheme Lisa suggested if others like that one?

Chelle » join GTmy art
Reply   Post New Thread