Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2004, 03:16 PM
Part-Time Fan

Wheel of Time Series by Robert Jordan Discussion #1

Here is the link where you can see the first wave of artwork from Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time, just head over there and post on the beautiful artwork that you see, enjoy [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Here are more artwork, enjoy [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] http://www.dragonmount.com/News/News...px#04-01-04_01

[ 04-04-2004: Message edited The_Khan ]
The_Khan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 03:45 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Oh, way cool! I didn't know that they were going to make comics out of that. I'd love to see the artwork.

[img]smilies/look.gif[/img] Your first link goes to another message board so you might want to edit that. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-02-2004, 04:44 PM
Part-Time Fan

I'm happy that you are excited about the news. Robert Jordan will be co-writing the adaptations [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I put that link so that you could see the artwork that isn't on the second link, I didn't want you to miss anything at all. There will be more artwork coming soon, including a Myrdraal [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

There's also wallpapers on my website on the Robert Jordan for you to download, if you are interested you can email me at edabel@dabelbrothers.com Thanks [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ 04-03-2004: Message edited The_Khan ]
Old 04-02-2004, 06:40 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

I love the Wheel of Time series. Although the last book was disappointing, not much happened.

I uploaded the pics so I could post them.

[ 04-03-2004: Message edited C h r i s ]
Old 04-02-2004, 06:50 PM
Part-Time Fan

So you're a big fan of Wheel of Time as well. Who is your favorite character?
Old 04-02-2004, 07:13 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Perrin. Who's yours?

I've got the pics saved elsewhere now, so you should eidt out your the links to other message boards. You can say that you'll PM it to people who are interested. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Also, this thread might attract different posters at the Comics board. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ 04-03-2004: Message edited C h r i s ]
Old 04-03-2004, 11:53 PM
Part-Time Fan

Perrin is really cool, great character. I personally like Lan Mandragoran, but then I also like Rand as well. I don't think I could choose between the two if I had to do so [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Okay, I took your advice and edited my earlier post and removed my website, I left my email so anyone interested can email me.

Very good idea, my friend, I'll go over to the comics board and let them know as well, thanks for the good advice, greatly appreciated [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-04-2004, 03:40 AM
Master Fan

Rand is the best..heh I never imagationed Lan looked that Japaness..This is great news [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-04-2004, 07:18 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Lan would be my second favourite. I know Rand's the hero, but I've never been a huge fan of his. And I've never thought much of Matt.

What about female characters? Who's your favourite?

I see you posted at the comics board. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] Hey Josh, I was about to PM you about this. Thought that you'd enjoy the art. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ 04-04-2004: Message edited C h r i s ]
Old 04-04-2004, 07:27 AM
Total Fan

Been meaning to start reading Robert Jordan; maybe after I finally go through the Lord of the Rings box set. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Looks good, always interesting to see how book-to-comic transitions (especially when some of the original creative team comes over) turn out.
Old 04-04-2004, 09:33 AM
Part-Time Fan

Joshua, I see that you're a big fan of Rand as well [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] You know that is a funny thing after reading New Spring there were a lot of the characters that I imagined different in my mind until I saw Robert Jordan's vision, I too was surprised about Lan. I'm happy that you are happy about the news, my friend [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Chris, in New Spring, I would have to say that my favorite character has to be Lady Edeyn, just the way she has so much power over Lan, just with a simple lock of his hair [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Yes, I took your advice and posted at the comics board as well. Thank you, my friend, greatly appreciated.

HeadHunter, my friend, once you are done finish reading Lord of the Rings, please be sure to read Robert Jordan, you'll enjoy it very much [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I'm happy that you like it, here are the reviews that we received for George R.R. Martin's The Hedge Knight adaptation, and the Dragonlance adaptation, please read to get a sense of what we are capable of doing for the Robert Jordan adaptation as well.

George R.R. Martin's The Hedge Knight http://www.brokenfrontier.com/review...dgeknight4.htm

Dragonlance: The Legend of Huma: http://www.brokenfrontier.com/review...agonlance2.htm
Old 04-04-2004, 11:11 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

I think that my favourite part of New Spring was seeing the originations of the friendship between Moraine and Sichaun (gotta look up the spelling on that). Oh, and learning some background about Lan.

Quote:
Originally posted by The_Khan:
<STRONG>
Chris, in New Spring, I would have to say that my favorite character has to be Lady Edeyn, just the way she has so much power over Lan, just with a simple lock of his hair [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
</STRONG>
hehe ... if only it was that easy in real life. [img]smilies/evil_laugh.gif[/img]

I didn't like Lady Edeyn much. Just the thought of mother and daughter sleeping with the same man grossed me out. [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]
Old 04-04-2004, 02:48 PM
New Fan

I liked these books until I read Robin Hobb's....now Im reading the Eye of the World again. only 9 more books to go after this one. M fave characters are Moiraine and for the boy - hmm...it used to be perrin but hes too much of a good boy. i also like nynaeve but not when she is lovey dovey. I like Lan.
Johnny Depp
Heath Ledger
http://www.livejournal.com/users/madmarie/
madmarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 04:06 PM
Part-Time Fan

You are right, my friend, Edeyn was a bit twisted. I would have to say that my second favorite female character in New Spring is Cadsuane, now there's a tough Aes Sedai [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-05-2004, 05:41 AM
Elite Fan

Absolutely nothing wrong with twisted [img]smilies/devil.gif[/img]
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Cryostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread