Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2008, 05:30 AM
Elite Fan

Plan 9 is considered horrific? I always viewed it with a cult status....like the original Lost in Space.
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Old 04-14-2008, 10:08 PM
Total Fan

Plan 9 is a cult classic, mostly due to its awesome badness. It even won 2 Golden Turkey Awards (Worst Picture & Worst Director of all time). Now, I wouldn't go so far as to say it's the worst of all time, but it is certainly bad. Bad in a enjoyable way, if you know what I mean.
Old 04-15-2008, 04:48 AM
Elite Fan

You watched those on DVD, right? I need to go pick those up.
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Old 04-19-2008, 11:17 AM
Total Fan

Yes, I saw it on DVD.

I was surprised the other day by a commercial I saw on television. It was for the new direct-to-video movie Wargames: The Dead Code. This time the government has out a game on the internet in the hope of catching terrorists but a hacker gets involved and we end up about to start a real war. It's obviously the same plot with some updates based on current events - like the government keeping an eye on various online games looking for terrorists. I doubt it will come close to the charm of the original movie.
Old 04-19-2008, 11:55 AM
Elite Fan

The wargames sequel is finally coming out?

Well, it won't have Matt in it to bring it up.
Old 04-21-2008, 09:17 PM
Total Fan

Not the Matt of the original, no, but it does have a Matt: Matt Lanter Release date is supposed to by July 29th.
Old 04-23-2008, 04:44 AM
Elite Fan

Hehehe....one Matt is as good as the other, right?
Old 04-24-2008, 04:11 PM
Total Fan

That would be an emphatic no. Maybe this new Matt will be okay, I have no idea. I've seen some of the stuff he's done but I don't remember him specifically.

Changing topics - last night I saw a promo for the new The Andromeda Strain. Interesting cast: "The Andromeda Strain" (2008) (mini)
Old 04-25-2008, 05:30 AM
Elite Fan

I saw a spot for that....it starts out with the world population and then starts dwindling down....no pictures though, from the movie.
Old 05-11-2008, 10:23 PM
Total Fan

I was going to put this in the news thread but it's not exactly newsie: Matt Roush reviews Moonlight and Reaper - Roush Review | TVGuide.com

My understanding is that neither of these shows has been officially picked up for next season, although I recently read that Reaper's chances are up to 90% and most people speculate that Moonlight has a good chance.
Old 05-12-2008, 08:15 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryostar (View Post)
Hrm, this isn't over here, yet. I bet this is going to be like Hex.
I know this was an old post, but I just wanted to mention that BBC America actually showed Jekyll last year. Excellent series. I loved it. Written by Steven Moffat (Doctor Who amongst other things) and starred James Nesbitt who was brilliant in both roles.

I believe BBC America were a co-producer for the series. I'm only aware of 6 episodes and I haven't heard anything about a second season sadly.

DVD's are available in region 1 and 2. But considering how often BBC America repeats stuff there has to be a chance they'll replay this.

I'd strongly recommend anyone who hasn't seen it to get their hands on a copy. There's always Netflix...
Old 05-13-2008, 05:15 AM
Elite Fan

AICN is reporting that Reaper is picked up, officially.

<- Doesn't get BBC America. Though I'm very happy that Dr. Who isn't going to be a year late anymore.
Old 05-13-2008, 04:44 PM
Total Fan

Yep, Reaper lives: 'Reaper' Revived on The CW - Show will get 13 more episodes in its second season - Zap2it
and Moonlight is dead: Reports: 'Moonlight' Out, 'HIMYM' In at CBS - 'New Adventures of Old Christine' and 'The Unit' get good news, 'Shark' bad - Zap2it

I honestly thought out of those 2 series, Moonlight had the edge, not that I'm not happy Reaper is returning.
Old 05-14-2008, 04:45 AM
Elite Fan

I'm surprised that CBS did that. It was an OK hit....and it wasn't a CSI show.
Old 05-21-2008, 03:56 PM
Total Fan

Here's a short review of The Andromeda Strain from Matt Roush at tvguide.com:

Quote:
A&E’s The Andromeda Strain

It’s enough to make you sick. With anxiety, that is. A&E takes a welcome break from reality with this fast-paced, two-part remake of Michael Crichton’s breakthrough sci-fi thriller about a virus from a fallen satellite—is it alien? Is it our fault?—that wipes out a remote mining town with the potential for worldwide havoc.

This slick and often scary update presents a gripping medical mystery of scientific trial and error against a topical backdrop of bioterrorism, environmental activism and 24-style government conspiracy. Even when it gets heavy-handed, like the subplot with Eric McCormack as a superhero reporter, the entertainment level is pretty sensational.

As the scientists working literally underground to solve the puzzle, Benjamin Bratt, Christa Miller, Ricky Schroder, Viola Davis and Daniel Dae Kim bring star presence to the earnest disaster-movie material. It’s meant as a compliment when I say it feels like a summer movie.

The Andromeda Strain Monday, 5/26, and Tuesday, 5/27, 9/8c, A&E
I didn't realize it was so close to airing. For some reason I also spaced on it being an A&E movie. I'll have visitors so I'll have to tape the Monday night installment.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread