Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2005, 09:05 AM
Ultimate Fan

I wonder if they'll re-cast the role or if that's it for the current show.

I'll try and catch the episode tonight, Saturday at 7 is the worst time slot ever, I can never remember it.
Old 04-02-2005, 07:08 PM
Elite Fan

I guess they'll recast since just the day before they announced the next season was going to be made. They'd look pretty stupid if they didn't carry on now, as if they weren't aware of the feelings of their lead actor!

I watched it tonight. I must say, I'm really loving it
Old 04-06-2005, 06:54 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Well, I really enjoyed that as a first episode. I thought Christopher Ecclestone was a strange choice at the time, but he worked really well; and even Billie Piper wasn't that bad! It was funny as well as introducing everything.
I agree whole-heartedly.

I am shocked about the quitting of the lead actor! I certainly hope that they'll give the show another season...it has only had 27 seasons including this one....

sum1, I entirely agree with your sentiments towards the horrid actress Helena Bonham Carter. I barely could stand her in Merlin.
Old 04-08-2005, 01:09 PM
Ultimate Fan

Hee, 27 seasons is a pretty short run
Old 04-08-2005, 03:59 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suga*Babe
Saturday at 7 is the worst time slot ever, I can never remember it.
its great in our house - i'm a student living with four others and we've been getting together saturday at 7 and having dinner with a few drinks then getting ready for a good night out. its the perfect time for us

i'm really enjoying the two eps so far.. looking forward to seeing swansea made historical tomorrow
Old 04-10-2005, 10:00 AM
Ultimate Fan

I'm never doing anything at 7 but I can never remember it, I miss the re-runs as well
Old 04-11-2005, 08:55 AM
Master Fan

I just saw it last night (forgot to watch it, then came home for the weekend and found mom had taped it). I never saw the original, so coming at it fresh. It was fun; didn't blow me away, but I'll try to watch the next ep tomorrow.

Old 04-11-2005, 04:21 PM
Passionate Fan

I liked the Five Doctors. It was good.
Old 04-12-2005, 03:37 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexEvans
I just saw it last night (forgot to watch it, then came home for the weekend and found mom had taped it). I never saw the original, so coming at it fresh. It was fun; didn't blow me away, but I'll try to watch the next ep tomorrow.

But you know what happens when The Doctor 'dies' and all that right? The mythology of the series etc as well right?
Old 04-13-2005, 05:27 AM
Elite Fan

I have just seen the 3rd episode of this new season. I give this episode an 8.5 out of 10. The first episode I give an 8 out of 10, the 2nd episode I give an 8.5 out of 10. I long to give a 10 out of 10, but not able to as yet, but from what I saw of next weeks episode, that one may very well be worthy of my 10 out of 10 score!
Old 04-19-2005, 04:59 PM
Part-Time Fan

I had a chance over the weekend to watch episodes 1-3 and half of the fourth and I enjoyed them.

I like the new Doctor it is sad that he only wanted to do it for a season. The friends I saw it with said that David Tennant is going to replace Christopher Ecclestone
Oh and BTW I live in the states and saw it in California

I like the first one the least, the second one was far better and the line about Cassandra O'Brian =Micheal Jackson priceless I liked the third "Unquiet Dead" the best I loved the actor who played Charles Dickens and the episode left me moist eyed at the end...generally a mark of a good episode if I am moved in some way...then the fourth which I only saw half but the only problem I had was the farting it was a bit childish and overdone...but other wise good with a clasic cliff-hanger ending

What I am find really weird and I dont know if anybody is picking up on it is "bad wolf" keeps showing up in every episode and enough times now that it seems like it is foreshadowing something to come cue the eeiry music
Old 04-20-2005, 04:47 AM
Elite Fan

I have not noticed 'Bad Wolf' anywhere else as yet except for that Graffiti that kid did to the Tardis.

BTW, I live in Australia, this new season of Doctor Who will start in one month from now here, I have seen all that has aired in the U.K. hehe

The forth episode is definately the beginning of an arc!! I liked it, nice strategy for an Alien Invasion imho.
Old 04-20-2005, 11:28 AM
Part-Time Fan

I count at least three. Then it might have been in the pilot "Rose" except I was not paying attention.

So the first time I recall was that the "Moxx" character the one whose gift was to spit... he said something about a Bad Wolf in "The End of the World".

In "Unquiet Dead" it was the servent girl when looking into Rose's mind she then warns Rose of the 'Big Bad Wolf'

Then in "Aliens of London" it is graffitied onto the TARDIS.

It would be interesting to see where this is going except my only link to see the series is once a month in California 500 miles away
Old 04-21-2005, 03:08 AM
Elite Fan

You have given me a reason to re-watch the episodes yet again...then again, any excuse is good-enough hey?!
Old 04-23-2005, 06:44 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynea
Canada gets the first episode next Tuesday. So how was it....from what I've been hearing you either love it or hate it (meaning you can't quite let go of the original) or take it for the fun it's worth (I'll hopefully be the latter on Tuesday). The blonde actress who plays The Doctor's sidekick doesn't seem to be getting a very good response, though. Oh, well....keeping an open mind....however, hearing yesterday that the lead actor had quit certainly makes me a little worried that the show is on shaky water...
I think we're upto 4 episodes on CBC now. This past week's episode had Charles Dickonson.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread