Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Fall TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2014, 12:44 PM
I am a basketball genius!

Unless the parents could know about her issues & the slender man sooner.
Old 08-05-2014, 07:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Which, let's face it, most parents have a pretty decent "denial" phase whenever they run into serious issues with their children.

Not all. I'm not at all saying all parents are like that.

I'm just saying that, assuming this kid was showing signs of being troubled, her parents wouldn't be the first to hope it would go away on its own.

Heck, they wouldn't even be the first parents who, upon first detecting signs of trouble, threw everything the medical community has to offer at said problem, with to discernible results.

In terms of psychiatric problems, doesn't the person have to be proven to be a danger to themselves or to others before they can be legally confined?
Old 08-06-2014, 12:56 PM

If you're wondering if that's a law or not I'm unsure, but what about therapy in this case?
Old 08-06-2014, 06:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

What about therapy?

I'm afraid I don't understand your question.
Old 08-09-2014, 02:44 PM

I meant if a parent knew they had a kid playing this game which if I was 1 I'd want to know if they were do you think in that case therapy would have helped or can prevent these tragedies from happening again?

Wasn't sure exactly where to post this, but here's a story locally that has been all over & had sad ending.

Oregon Mom Jennifer Huston Committed Suicide: Police

Jennifer Huston, the Oregon mother of two, whose body was found 17 days after she vanished from her home, died of asphyxiation in what medical examiners said Wednesday was a suicide. An empty box of sleeping pills and and a note to her family were were at the scene where Huston, 38 was found Tuesday morning near her SUV on a remote road in the rural town of Sheridan, Newberg-Dundee police said late Wednesday afternoon.

''We have lost our first-born child. We have lost a wife and a mother,'' Huston's family said in a statement. ''We don't know what led Jennifer to this dark place and to this end and will perhaps never understand this.''

Huston's husband reported her missing when she mysteriously vanished after having left her home to run errands on the evening of July 24. She was seen on surveillance footage entering a Rite-Aid pharmacy, where she bought trail mix, Gatorade, and a packet of sleeping pills.
Old 08-10-2014, 09:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

Oh, but that's assuming the parents knew she was into that world. And that's assuming that, if they knew, they knew it played into her mental illness. Which is also assuming they understood she is mentally ill.

Which, again, I think most parents would be in denial about that.

And then, let's say they knew all of that and did put her in therapy, that's assuming therapy worked. And that it worked very quickly. Neither of which is a guaranteed.

Therapy isn't magic. It doesn't work for everyone and it certainly takes a whole lot of time to work when it does.

Was there suspicion that this Jennfier Huston person had been murdered?