Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Fall TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2014, 08:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

This case is just pointless in my opinion.
Old 04-15-2014, 03:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Alleged Jewish center gunman charged with murder - CNN.com

(CNN) -- A man suspected of killing three people at two Jewish-affiliated facilities in Kansas has been charged with one count of capital murder and one count of first-degree premeditated murder, prosecutors said Tuesday.

Police say Frazier Glenn Cross is the suspect in Sunday's shooting death of a boy and his grandfather outside a Jewish community center near Kansas City, Kansas, and then a woman at a nearby Jewish assisted living facility.

The capital murder count is connected to the deaths of William Lewis Corporon and Reat Griffin Underwood, said Steve Howe, district attorney for Johnson County. The premeditated murder count is linked to the death of Terri LaManno, he said.

Hate crime charges are possible, as police investigators say they have "unquestionably determined" that his actions were a hate crime, Overland Park Police Chief John Douglass said.
Murder charges for Jewish Center suspect Suspect described as 'anti-Semite' Mom 'felt God immediately' after shooting

But no hate crime charges were announced Tuesday.
U.S. Attorney Barry Grissom said that federal prosecutors are still collecting evidence and that federal charges could come later.
Legal experts say hate crime charges are possible, even though the victims were Christian.
The capital murder charge carries the possibility of a life sentence or the death penalty. No decision on whether to seek the death penalty for Cross has been made yet, Howe said.

so this guy shoots and kills 3 people at two Jewish places. He is well known as hater of all things not white Christian .. Irony of it all he didn't succeed , sadly 3 people lost there lives but were not of the jewsih faith ...
Old 04-16-2014, 07:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah... I posted that story on the "Second Amendment Debate" page a couple of days ago and haven't gotten a response since.

But what do you mean "he didn't succeed?"

Three people are dead, right?
Old 04-17-2014, 10:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

Police: Utah mom admits to killing at least six babies - CNN.com
Old 04-18-2014, 09:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

And this is why mental illness is very much a problem.

I mean, it's Andrea Yates all over again, isn't it?
Old 04-18-2014, 10:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

Some people just need some therapy and help.

Yes it is
Old 04-19-2014, 06:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

Essentially, yes.

Obviously, she still killed her children.

But, not knowing anything about the case, it's not hard to imagine that some sort of mental illness must be at play here.

And, if that's the case, you can't really ascribe culpability to her the same way you would a person of sane mind.

What it means, in the end, is that we still haven't figured out how to treat people to avoid crimes of this kind.

Because, just because the mother seems to have been mentally ill and thus possibly not entirely responsible for her actions, does not mean that these children deserved to die.
Old 04-19-2014, 10:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

She should have just taken birth control pills. I mean seriously.

If it is a mental illness, it is most likely going to be schizophrenia. Maybe voices inside her head told her to kill the children.

She hid these babies in boxes like John Wayne Gacy did with the teenage boys in his crawl space.

I would be more mad if she did it with a sane mind.

Hopefully they have the outcome in an article.
Old 04-20-2014, 06:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

There are a lot of people who can't take the Pill for various health reasons. And then there are a lot of women who don't take it because they're against it for religious reasons.

If this was mental illness, my feeling is that it is more likely to have been post-partum psychosis, which is a rare but extreme variant of post-partum depression that features not just depression, but also hallucinations and violent episodes.

That's what Andrea Yates had, anyway.

"Six babies" implies that this woman had a lot of children in quick succession, which also heightens the chances of having mental illness triggers relating to the constant hormonal upheavals of subsequent pregnancies.
Old 04-20-2014, 10:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Maybe she was on drugs
Old 04-21-2014, 07:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

Or maybe she should have been and wasn't.

The effect is pretty much the same.

I don't think we'll find out any time soon.
Old 04-22-2014, 09:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

It would have been nice if we'd known soon.
Old 04-23-2014, 08:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well, if she was seeing doctors during her pregnancies, they should have been the ones to spot it.

Something obviously happened there.
Old 04-28-2014, 11:03 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Teacher stabbed to death at Leeds school

A female teacher has been stabbed to death in front of pupils inside a school in Leeds.

The 61-year-old victim, who the BBC understands was Spanish teacher Anne Maguire, was taken to hospital but later pronounced dead.

A 15-year-old boy was detained by teaching staff at Corpus Christi Catholic College and later arrested.

Police said there was "no ongoing risk to pupils or staff".

Downing Street said the prime minister's thoughts were with the victim's family.

Two pupils at the scene told the BBC that children were seen screaming and running from a classroom following the attack

A West Yorkshire Police spokesman said Mrs Maguire received a number of stab wounds and a knife was recovered from the scene.

The 15-year-old pupil was detained by other members of teaching staff and arrested in connection with the stabbing, he added.

No-one else was injured in the attack and no other student or member of staff was threatened, the spokesman said.

He said the attack was an "unprecedented event" and schools in Leeds were "generally very safe places" to work and study.

Staff members were "in shock" and Mrs Maguire's death would "understandably have a massive impact" on her family and the school, he added.
More here

Leigh Tumblr
Old 04-28-2014, 05:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well, what do you know? I was going to post that very story...

I had hoped to get people's thoughts on the manner, though.

So, would you care to share yours?

Personally, I find the story simply chilling.

You hear horror stories of how students can be abused by teachers sometimes, but nothing to warrant this.

And that's assuming the victim did anything wrong, which is supremely cruel and unfair.