Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2019, 07:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

And the fact that they both said that is kind of suspicious. But I do choose to believe (and most certainly hope) that they are being sincere.
ICON
Old 11-20-2019, 05:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

It’ll be interesting to see how tonight’s episode plays out!

Aaron Tveit is Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
Old 11-20-2019, 07:51 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

The two vote offs make up for the disgusting episode last week.
Old 11-20-2019, 07:54 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

This was a pretty meh episode. lol

Aaron and Missy were great competitors but sucked at the social part.
Old 11-22-2019, 06:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I’m definitely not sorry to see them go.

What do you guys think about Missy telling Jeff there should have been some acknowledgement of two African Americans last week winning immunity? To be honest, I didn’t even notice or think anything about it, just like Jeff. And I don’t think that’s a bad thing. The goal should be to get to a place in society where we aren’t paying such close attention to race. And really, how was Jeff, a white man, supposed to bring that up? I think that would have gotten some backlash. But I also acknowledge that Missy’s perspective is valid and that she wants to highlight the positive representation. Unfortunately, that also happened in a week where she and Aaron both acted horribly and said some ignorant things and wer perceived very negatively by viewers.

I rewatched Season 12 recently and have decided to resume my rewatch of every season, and man, it really made me realize how much I miss older Survivor seasons.
ICON
Old 11-22-2019, 08:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Quote:
The goal should be to get to a place in society where we aren’t paying such close attention to race.
That’s exactly what my friend said when I was talking to her about the next day!

If I’m in the final 2 or 3, no matter who else is up against me, please vote for me because I outwitted, outlasted, and outplayed you, not because I’m a woman or white, or black, or Hispanic, or gay, or straight, or blue, or pink. I know people want to see more POC and/or more women win, but I’m kinda sick of hearing that, and just want the player WHO WAS THE BEST to win, no matter what gender, race, religion, nationality they are.

That’s the problem about these competition shows where people get voted off. Everyone is always quick to chalk it up to race, or whatever, when someone is voted out by the group. Whereas with The Amazing Race, if an all-black team is eliminated first, that’s their own fault/stupidity, and has nothing to do with race.

Old 11-23-2019, 08:18 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7739 (View Post)
What do you guys think about Missy telling Jeff there should have been some acknowledgement of two African Americans last week winning immunity? To be honest, I didn’t even notice or think anything about it, just like Jeff. And I don’t think that’s a bad thing. The goal should be to get to a place in society where we aren’t paying such close attention to race. And really, how was Jeff, a white man, supposed to bring that up? I think that would have gotten some backlash. But I also acknowledge that Missy’s perspective is valid and that she wants to highlight the positive representation. Unfortunately, that also happened in a week where she and Aaron both acted horribly and said some ignorant things and wer perceived very negatively by viewers.
I was surprised but glad she brought it up. this basically comes down to casting imo not saying it need to be a 50/50 split on race but the numbers should never favor one ethnicity overwhelming and that always seems to be the case every time I watch one of these shows.
Old 11-23-2019, 02:38 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

I'm a BW and even though I get her point, to me she was desperately reaching and using it to try and stay IMO. It made me cringe. It's also easy to see why it wasn't brought up cause of the sexual harassment they were talking about (and the same thing she acted like was no big deal) After seeing the episode, I was even happier Aaron and Missy left. Like I said, most of this season I was rooting for Missy but now she just makes me sick. I'm also glad Karishma didn't stand for Missy bullying her into the vote. Missy taking forever to leave when she was voted out was cringeworthy too, like dammit it's over (like Sandra said lol) leave already. I also don't get her saying to Tommy she wasn't going after him. Uh, you tried to get Liz and Karishma to vote him out and you wrote his name down at Tribal Council so WTH do you mean? Blech bye! Here's hoping Elizabeth and Dan go next, take out all the trash.

Last edited by Butterfly85; 11-23-2019 at 03:03 PM
Old 11-24-2019, 12:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
But they both mentioned in their apologies that they “didn’t know the full story,” and that strikes me as odd. Producers met with the contestants about it. How can they claim they didn’t know?
exactly. And just apologize. just be straight up and say yes, you used this to your advantage in the game and didnt at the time realize how it would affect other people or whatever the truth is in that situation. And then say you are going to work to look at your actions and how you can change. To try to dismiss this sort of thing ever is not the way to go about it. But at least they did make the effort to apologize.

I was in Hawaii last week so didnt get to see the new episode but will watch soon.
Old 11-24-2019, 02:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Joe & Sierra got married yesterday (November 23rd)!

Old 11-25-2019, 09:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That’s awesome! Very happy for them! That’s a super pretty dress she has on, and Joe of course looks dashing. Nice to see so many of the Season 30 cast there celebrating with them.
ICON
Old 11-27-2019, 07:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

Karishma is super annoying. Wow, she really pissed me off with how she acted with Missy, telling her to calm down, are you freaking kidding me? Karisha needed to calm down. Is she really a trial lawyer? Because that’s scary.

I was so glad to see Aaron evicted from the game. He was boring, cocky, and added nothing to it imo.

I am sad to see Missy evicted, i thought she was playing a good game and she was growing on me. I also really wanted Karishma out lol. She took her eviction really well too.
Old 11-27-2019, 07:45 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Yeah, she's annoying but so is Missy. Even though I don't really like Karishma, I did love seeing her play her idol tonight. I personally love when everyone's faces CRACK when they don't expect an idol play and they all voted for her lol.
Old 11-27-2019, 11:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

I cant stand Karishma. I just cant stand dramatic, emotional, weird people like that. I wanted her gone so bad. I am mad she found an idol to begin with, it wasnt even hard? She stumbled on it. That's not talent. But I do agree it was funny seeing everyone's faces.

I didnt want to see Elizabeth OR Janet go because there are so many others I dislike more, but I was glad that it was Elizabeth over Janet.

I will give props to Lauren, she played well this week with betting on Noura and Elizabeth and then working to get people to sit out of the immunity. However, I was a little confused as to why she played her idol? She wasn't in danger? But i guess she thought Karishma might have voted of her.

That i also dont get. Why DIDN'T karishma vote for Lauren or someone that is higher on the ranking list? Janet and Elizabeth are at the bottom, wouldnt she want to work with them, not send one home?
Old 11-27-2019, 11:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

How many idols are there?
Emily