Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2019, 07:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The reunion show has really gone downhill these past few seasons. Who even knows what legal stuff might be involved now, so I can’t say I’m surprised that they are pre-taping it. It just sucks for the winner to not get the typical experience. What Dan did tarnished the season for everyone involved.

I’ve seen some people saying they want him to be there so he can be publicly lambasted, but I doubt he will be. And that’s fine with me. The public lambasting is already happening on Twitter. I would rather the other cast members, particularly Kellee, not have to see him. And they get paid for the reunion. He doesn’t deserve to get paid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
people are pretty angry with the show for letting dan slide by after the first allegations and stuff caught on tape.. dont blame them. it had to happen to a crew member for them to care?
I’ve seen that, too. I don’t think it had anything to do with cast member vs. crew member so much as it was that he did something again even after being spoken to about it by producers and even after the whole tribal council discussion about it. But it does make people (including myself) question the initial decision-making. Like you, Alexa, I hoped that Dan honestly did not have bad intentions. I’m a big believer in giving people the benefit of the doubt and educating them about wrongdoings with the hope of them learning from their mistakes. But maybe with something like this, it was better to not give him the benefit of the doubt at all.
ICON
Old 12-14-2019, 03:14 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

People are saying he was on a boat with a crew member and he inappropriately touched them or something. The whole thing is so bizarre, why would he be on a boat? It was after the last tribal council and they usually only get on a boat to go to the Island of the Idols. I agree he should of been kicked off after he kept doing it the first time it was brought up. As for the last episode, I hope Lauren goes after Tommy before he gets her but I feel she will stupidly continue to protect him, she keeps falling on the sword for him. I would rather her win than Tommy, she's impressed me more than he has but it's looking so obvious he's going to win. He will probably go on an immunity run in the final episode and he'll sacrifice Lauren. I hope Janet wins the most though, and if not her Lauren. This season hasn't been one of the best, so I'm ready for the all winners season! I'm sure that will be so much better.
Old 12-14-2019, 04:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I’d love a Janet win after all of this.

I’m not sure how the boat story has come about. Probst and CBS are being extremely tight-lipped.
ICON
Old 12-14-2019, 07:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

I’ve been hearing/seeing that boat story, too. I think they do travel by boat part-way to & from TC. That’s never on camera. Let’s hope we get some answers on Wednesday!

Aaron Tveit is Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
Old 12-14-2019, 10:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

if lauren actually makes a big move, i could root for her. i liked her predicting who would win immunity and getting people to drop, that was a good play.

I too want Janet to win though.

If not Janet or Lauren (if she makes a move and not just plays for Tommy) I wouldnt mind seeing Tommy win. i know hes predictable, but I think he seems like a decent guy and player.
Old 12-15-2019, 06:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

All 5 who are left seem like decent people, which is a damn miracle this season. Tommy just kind of . . . bores me? But he’s played well, so I definitely wouldn’t be upset with him winning. Just underwhelmed.

Jess, I doubt we will find out any new info about the situation on Wednesday. And tbh, I’m fine with that. The woman who reported it, whoever she is and whatever it was, deserves to have her privacy respected. But I think the main reason we won’t know what when down is due to legal issues.
ICON
Old 12-15-2019, 08:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

I’d root for Tommy to win because he hasn’t been a terrible player and gotta root for a fellow educator! Lauren, not my favorite pick to win, but she’s played OK and her predicting that immunity challenge win was pretty awesome! I just found out Janet is from the same county as me, so yay for that! Noura, um, no. And Dean, I wouldn’t mind seeing win because he’s made some decent moves and he wouldn’t be a totally undeserving winner. The “fake advantage” thing, though, was/is kinda dumb, though.

April, you’re probably right.

Old 12-16-2019, 05:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I wonder how it would have worked if Dean’s legacy advantage had been real. Would they have allowed him to play it at final 5 since Dan’s removal from the game eliminated the final 6 (the last chance he could use it)?
ICON
Old 12-17-2019, 02:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Huh. That's a good question, April. We may never know the answer.

Old 12-18-2019, 09:00 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

I thought Nora or Dean should've won, Tommy winning was meh.

Next season looks good all winners season!
Old 12-19-2019, 11:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

Next season does look good.

I thought the finale was fine. A lackluster finale to a lackluster season

Firstly, Tommy was dumb to tell Dean about the idol. He should have kept that info to himself.

Them tricking Janet and getting rid of her sucked, I really wanted her to win. After she left, I truly didn't care who won but i knew it was going to be one of the boys.

Not sure Noura's strongest move was to get rid of Lauren? She clearly wasn't going to beat the boys, I think she would have had a better shot against Lauren. But regardless, Noura had no chance at winning so that was silly of her to get rid of her "closest friend". She should have just made the boys fight for it.

These people KNOW there is a fire challenge and yet, they dont ever make fire ?? What is wrong with them lol.

Im glad that Dean didn't win because I think he got lucky a lot, and i also feel like he was way too conceited. The legacy advantage being a fake really dragged him down too. I had a feeling Tommy was going to win and i would have voted for him too. I think his social game was better and the fact that he didn't even win an immunity i think actually worked to his advantage because he didnt have those to keep him safe. I think he had the best arguments too during the tribal.
Old 12-20-2019, 01:05 AM
Cardcaptor Queen

I haven't watched the finale yet but Tommy winning was one of the most predictable results but this season was lackluster anyway zzz. I can't wait for Winners at War, that should make up for this season.
Old 12-20-2019, 02:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

I was fine with Tommy winning! (Yay for the fellow educator! ) Towards the end, I kinda wanted Dean to win, but was fine with Tommy. No idols or advantages is pretty amazing!

Next season looks so awesome! I can’t wait! The Top 5 I’m rooting for atm are Rob & Amber, (DUH! ), Ethan, Danni, & Kim!

The ones I wouldn’t mind seeing get out first are Denise, Sandra, & Tony.

Old 12-20-2019, 06:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

again, their twist failed as Tommy never even got advice from Rob or Sandra.
Old 12-21-2019, 09:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

My favorite part of the finale was Rob and Sandra talking and reminiscing at the beginning. I honestly could have watched a whole season of just them being out there.

Tommy winning was super predictable. I’m definitely not mad about it. He was a good player, just . . . kind of bad TV? I totally respect getting to the end with no idols and advantages, and it’s kind of cool to see a social game rewarded. But it is interesting how women who play that way seem to get no votes at final tribal, yet Tommy got all but two. Idk.

Anyway, I have to say, even though I was never actually rooting for Dean throughout the season, he kind of rescued that finale and made it interesting. I found myself wanting him to win, for some reason, even though his whole “write history” thing was cocky, and I do think I would have voted for Tommy, too, and that Tommy had by far the best final tribal council. Dean’s was not good, poor guy.

I’m glad Noura got to the end. I don’t know what it is about her that I liked. Maybe just that she was very authentically herself. Oh, also, her sudden lusting over Dean in this finale was utterly hilarious.

Still HATE that final 4 Fire-making challenge.

Reunion . . . I like that Jeff said, “You were right” to Kellee. But he was wrong when he said Missy and Elizabeth got hate they didn’t deserve. Sure, no one deserves death threats and such, but they deserved strong criticism for their actions. What a crazy amount of pressure for Kellee to be under to have to get up there and speak about that, but she did well. Unfortunately for the entire cast, this season will forever be known for what Dan did to it.

As for next season . . . I’m pumped! Can’t wait to see people like Yul and Adam again! Although of course I am rooting for Rob and Amber all the way! Rob, Sandra, Tony, and Parvati have an EXTREME uphill battle. (Honestly, as much as I love him and think he is the greatest of all time, who in their right mind would let Rob get past the first vote?) Amber is actually the player from the earliest season out there, and I have hopes that she’ll go under the radar. It’s most interesting to me to see what they will do with her and Rob. Same tribe? Different tribes?

Amber and Ethan are the only two to have never played in a season with immunity idols and advantages.

I don’t mind extinction island coming back for this season because then at least we get to see these winners for more than potentially just one episode.
ICON

Last edited by April7739; 12-21-2019 at 12:21 PM