Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2019, 12:20 AM
New Fan

That flashing is DB and CC getting their picture taken. Whenever you see celberitiy's at a photoshoot or on a red carpet their is flashing because the photographer is taking their picture.
Old 07-21-2019, 01:06 PM
Extreme Fan

That had crossed my mind but it didn't look like that kind of flashing.

they win"
- Stephen King
Old 07-21-2019, 01:36 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
That flashing is DB and CC getting their picture taken.
Yeah, it's the flash from the cameras.

Quote:
WHAT?! I've never read a fic where that happens!
Yeah, I can't remember the titles but I have read one or two where Angel catches her trying to hide how bad the visions are taking a toll on her before Birthday. And he goes into full protective guy mode and her secret is exposed and they fight/talk.

Quote:
Oh, I'm pretty sure it's an adlib, I can't see that being scripted, not with Joss.
Was Joss even around early S3 or was he too busy with Firefly/BTVS?

Also, yeah, I can see DB being the one to add it as he was always supportive of CA. I know some people act like the actors can't possibly enjoy more than one pairing, but DB always seemed pro-BA, DA, and CA.

otp meme: Angel/Cordelia - hugs
https://sodemonizemealready.tumblr.c...lcordelia-hugs

So cute.

Who initiated more hugs, C or A?

Also, we're almost done this thread. We went through this one faster than usual.

Icon: cangelgifs.tumblr.com
Old 07-21-2019, 06:59 PM
New Fan

I don’t think Joss was really around that much during season 3 when that season happened. He was to busy with BTVS. David Greenwalt was in charge of the show back then. If Joss had been around we probably wouldn’t have gotten all the amazing Cangel moments we got in season 3 and he probably would have screwed over Cordelia in that season. I love C/A hugs. I think it was Angel who initiated more hugs between them.
Old 07-22-2019, 12:29 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by straws (View Post)

Yeah, I can't remember the titles but I have read one or two where Angel catches her trying to hide how bad the visions are taking a toll on her before Birthday. And he goes into full protective guy mode and her secret is exposed and they fight/talk.
Ah, I thought we were talking about re-writes of specifically that scene in 'Heartthrob'.
This generalization I've read, where Angel discovers her medical prognosis pre-'Birthday' and a couple in which Dennis exposes it to him behind her back out of overwhelming concern.

Quote:
Was Joss even around early S3 or was he too busy with Firefly/BTVS?
I have no idea just that he was there for WITW +.

Quote:
Also, yeah, I can see DB being the one to add it as he was always supportive of CA. I know some people act like the actors can't possibly enjoy more than one pairing, but DB always seemed pro-BA, DA, and CA.
I've gathered that as well and have heard, quite possibly from you, that fans tend to attempt to pressure actors into choosing one ship to support so all the more power to him.

CC is also a CX supporter from what I've heard but exclusively for their time as she believes Cordelia outgrew Xander in AtS. She's also good friends with Nick Brendan.

Quote:

otp meme: Angel/Cordelia - hugs
https://sodemonizemealready.tumblr.c...lcordelia-hugs

So cute.

Who initiated more hugs, C or A?
I think it was Cordelia. Angel wasn't much of a go-getter.

Quote:
Also, we're almost done this thread. We went through this one faster than usual.
Sweet. Thoughts on the title?
We got some good reunion quotes didn't we? Anything usable?

they win"
- Stephen King

Last edited by Ashes Fall; 07-22-2019 at 11:21 AM
Old 07-22-2019, 09:09 AM
New Fan

I have see DB get some hate because he won't choose between Bangel or Cangel. Personally it doesn't matter to me what he supports and he should be able to support whatever he wants.
Old 07-22-2019, 03:26 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
I have no idea just that he was there for WITW +.
I'm surprised Joss even wrote WITW because it has so much good CA. Of course, he had to throw a wrench at them in the end with Groo.

Quote:
I've gathered that as well and have heard, quite possibly from you, that fans tend to attempt to pressure actors into choosing one ship to support so all the more power to him.
Yeah, SMG apparently got death threats for choosing Angel over Spike. SMH. That's so gross. She's entitled to like whatever ship she wants.
Quote:
I think it was Cordelia. Angel wasn't much of a go-getter.
Still, he did initiate at least 3 in that gifset.
Quote:
Sweet. Thoughts on the title?
We got some good reunion quotes didn't we? Anything usable?
I vote for #Cangel forever.

Old 07-22-2019, 03:47 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I'm surprised Joss even wrote WITW because it has so much good CA. Of course, he had to throw a wrench at them in the end with Groo.
I'll bet that was the point, to tease CAers before throwing the wrench.

Quote:
Yeah, SMG apparently got death threats for choosing Angel over Spike. SMH. That's so gross. She's entitled to like whatever ship she wants.
I've heard that she also shows support for SB, guess this is the reason.
I'm honestly a bit surprised that a BA shipper would be berated. Usually, it's the BA ships apart from each other that receive all the hate.

Quote:
Still, he did initiate at least 3 in that gifset.
True. I love it, Angel is the biggest hugger with Cordy.

Quote:
I vote for #Cangel forever.
I second this. CC said it which validates it all the more!

they win"
- Stephen King
Old 07-22-2019, 05:22 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
I've heard that she also shows support for SB, guess this is the reason.
She is supportive of SB and likes James but is very #TeamBangel.

i have these new fears i carry with me
so you can feel stronger, you can know peace
https://therearenopeoplelikeus.tumbl...-carry-with-me

Wow, these lyrics are painfully perfect for Cordy re: her feelings for Angel.

Old 07-22-2019, 05:55 PM
Extreme Fan

Oh, I know SMG is team Bangel, I've seen it on Twitter, I was just wondering if she also shows support for SB due to being pressured.
I've seen that art before, it's beautiful! Do you know what the song is?

they win"
- Stephen King
Old 07-22-2019, 06:57 PM
New Fan

It’s always horrible how some fans treat actors with what ship they support. I know DB got a lot of hate for not choosing between Bangel or Cangel. I am surprised to hear that SMG got death threats from the Spuffy fandom because from what I’ve seen it is usually the BA fandom that is hateful.
Old 07-22-2019, 07:36 PM
Extreme Fan

Exactly, I always thought the BAers were the most hateful ones as well.

they win"
- Stephen King
Old 07-22-2019, 08:47 PM
New Fan

Yea I’ve seen the most hate from Bangel fans and normally it is directed at Cangel. It’s weird because you would think that they would be happier that they have the bigger fan base but I guess that’s not good enough for them.
Old 07-23-2019, 08:29 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
It’s always horrible how some fans treat actors with what ship they support. I know DB got a lot of hate for not choosing between Bangel or Cangel. I am surprised to hear that SMG got death threats from the Spuffy fandom because from what I’ve seen it is usually the BA fandom that is hateful.
I remember the whole SB/BA thing being very ugly back in the day when the show was still airing. I never ever sent hate to the cast but I def got into petty arguments with rival shippers smh.

CAers tended to be the least problematic imo. I think that's because ATS fans (as in people active in the ATS fandom and who watched the show) seemed cool with CA or at least not strongly against it. Whereas a lot of BTVS/BA fans vehemently hated it and didn't really watch ATS unless it was BA related. I also (I could be wrong) think the CA fan base was a bit on the older side at the time.

I think BA is more popular in a mainstream kind of way. Like, if you ask anyone randomly walking by on the street who they ship/know, they'll probably recognize Buffy&Angel over CA. As for activity within the fandom, I think there's a healthy amount of CAers.

I think fandom has mellowed a lot on ship wars (most of us have grown up now and ain't here for that behavior) but sadly I do still see some negative crap. There are cool BAers out there, but, yeah, I've def gotten some undesirable comments/messages for shipping Spuffy & Cangel before.

Old 07-23-2019, 09:48 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I remember the whole SB/BA thing being very ugly back in the day when the show was still airing. I never ever sent hate to the cast but I def got into petty arguments with rival shippers smh.
I've done a small share of ship warring posts but have stopped for a few reasons:

1. I don't feel BAers and CAers are on a level field; BAers are immature, it's all about the forbidden/forever factor with them and their arguments tend to resemble the whole Jasmine connection thing in season 4. More slipper fits via mutilated feet.

2. My CA vs. BA opinions are a bit Angelus-ripping-apart-Cordy's-acting so I tend to be chastised for being disrespectful. It even happened when I first came here.

3. Who cares if they're idiots, let them be.

Quote:
CAers tended to be the least problematic imo. I think that's because ATS fans (as in people active in the ATS fandom and who watched the show) seemed cool with CA or at least not strongly against it. Whereas a lot of BTVS/BA fans vehemently hated it and didn't really watch ATS unless it was BA related. I also (I could be wrong) think the CA fan base was a bit on the older side at the time.
It could also have something to do with C/A having something no other ship does; TWO support groups: the shippers and the exclusive friendship fans.
A lot of folks who don't ship them still love them as friends/sibling-esque family.

Quote:
I think BA is more popular in a mainstream kind of way. Like, if you ask anyone randomly walking by on the street who they ship/know, they'll probably recognize Buffy&Angel over CA. As for activity within the fandom, I think there's a healthy amount of CAers.
IA.

Quote:
I think fandom has mellowed a lot on ship wars (most of us have grown up now and ain't here for that behavior) but sadly I do still see some negative crap. There are cool BAers out there, but, yeah, I've def gotten some undesirable comments/messages for shipping Spuffy & Cangel before.
I can't judge I wasn't here during the hype but there are still BAers out there who come in with ship war arguments so randomly it's almost as though they were scoping targets.
As I mentioned before, for a latecomer I've been caught in my share of those traps but have now learned to resist.

they win"
- Stephen King
Closed Thread   Post New Thread