Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2016, 02:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Well I think that's from an earlier cover. So I don't think it lead to anything.

I love this.

Also I have to mention how correct Faith was in the Consequences episode for wonder would things be different if Buffy wasn't in the picture because even though they (F&A) aren't together romantically, their relationship is a lot different because of what they built up outside of Buffy.
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 03:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Oh, I got my hopes up for a second there....

I completely get what you mean, they depend on each other, they trust each other & they've both got pretty good at communication now, too. & they kickass! What an amazing partnership they have!
Old 06-26-2016, 04:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yup! Their relationship is just so well rounded and it keeps on growing. Who would've know (judging from how they begun) it'd eventually get to this point.
Old 06-26-2016, 04:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I never would have during their Buffy days! Probably not even their early Angel days either!
Old 06-26-2016, 06:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I know!
Makes me so happy. Even though I wish we could've seen more on the show, I'm content with the comics. lol
Old 06-28-2016, 10:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

It's definitely better than getting nothing!
Old 07-13-2016, 08:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It sure is so I am pleased with the beauty from the comics, it's been ups and down but I really can see some of their scenes in live action.
Old 07-16-2016, 09:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Me too, from what I've see the art in their comic series has been pretty good & it definitely sounds like them
Old 07-26-2016, 03:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Eventually I'll get back to reading these comics again. I've just been a bit busy.
Old 07-27-2016, 06:26 PM
Dedicated Fan

Well, take your time reading them because sadly it looks like there won't be much more of them. Promotion for the S11 comics have begun. Buffy is definitely coming back for the new season, but it doesn't look like A&F is.

A fan asked about the status of the "Angel and Faith" comic book. "'Angel' is coming back," Whedon said. "We're working it out. It's going to be staggered. It's not going to come out the same time as 'Buffy,' it's going to be a little bit later, probably close to the new year. Angel will have his comic again -- probably not with Faith this time around, just to do something a little different."

So, Angel is still having a separate comic, but it doesn't look like Faith will be apart of it. So, what will they do with her? Send her back to BtVS? Give her a mini-series? I mean, she's a really popular character, so I don't think they'll cut her out of the verse entirely. As much as I love Faith on BtVS and her dynamic with Buffy, I really think she's outgrown it. She's always in the background on BtVS and she's so captivating when she gets to do a lot. It's like if, in the middle of AtS S3, they decided to send Cordelia back to BtVS. It would be a huge downgrade after the great material she's been getting. If Faith can't be with Angel in S11, then they should give her her own mini-series like they did with Spike and Willow in S9.

It's a shame. I haven't read any of the S10 material, since S9 was such a disappointment for me. But I did really love the Angel/Faith dynamic. Faith is one of the few characters the comics were still getting right and that I really enjoyed, and even though I stopped reading all the comics, I was still glad that she and Angel were together and reuniting in S10, so to hear that they won't be together in canon anymore is kind of a bummer.

"Strong is fighting. It's hard, and it's painful. And it's every day. It's what we have to do."
FuriosityShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 08:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

That is disappointing to hear, hopefully it's not permanent. I do think it's good to mix the characters up every now & then, but I hope this doesn't last too long....maybe Faith will just get her own mini-series & then will be back with Angel...
Old 08-01-2016, 11:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That's horrible. I guess we know the percentage chance of me continuing these comics.
Old 08-02-2016, 11:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Can't blame you

But after getting so close, surely they have to stay in touch somehow, right?
Old 08-09-2016, 05:42 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyesxx (View Post)
Can't blame you
Neither can I. Angel and Faith's dynamic was literally the best thing about the Season 9 comics, and though I haven't read any of the Season 10 comics, I'd bet it was the best thing about Season 10 as well.

It seems like the comics are getting less and less popular. Buffy Season 11 is only getting 12 issues, when Seasons 9 and 10 had 25 issues, and from the way Whedon was talking, it looks like Angel's comic will be getting even less issues. I can't say I'm particularly bothered by it, as I'm not reading anymore, but I know it's got to suck for the people who are still enjoying the comics.

Well, here's to hoping Faith gets a mini-series of her own this season, and then is back with Angel again by Season 12, if there is a Season 12.

"Strong is fighting. It's hard, and it's painful. And it's every day. It's what we have to do."
FuriosityShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 06:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I hadn't thought about it before, but I think you're right that they're getting less popular. I hear about them less & less....they must still be making enough money to continue for a few years though. I just hope that when they do come to an end, the writers know & have a chance of wrapping everything up properly.