Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2008, 04:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

I agree about Doublemeat Palace.

I didn't really like The Dark Age, even though Giles/Jenny was always sweet. Seeing Jenny bad wasn't very nice

Bad Eggs just screams Bangel make-out filler episode, in preparation for the big Bangel disaster in the following episode. I honestly hate Buffy/Angel's kissing scenes in Bad Eggs & Surprise. I know it shouldn't be enough to ruin an episode but it was just too much.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Crystal Clear is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 10:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

The Body was awful and so was Chosen. Storyteller's another terrible one. And Dirty Girls. Season 7 had a lot of bad eps.
sum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 01:45 AM
Loyal Fan

I didn't like The Body either, but my least favorite episode of Buffy is another DMP (though Double Meat Palace was bad, I'll admit). That DMP would be: Dead Man's Party - Haaaate. I don't think I have to explain why but would be glad to oblige if prodded.
Night Nymph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 02:30 AM
Obsessed Fan

While some BTVS episodes aren't as good as other I have to say that the worst episodes of Buffy are probably 5xs better than half the crap on TV now.

I would have to say that my least favoritte would have to be Double Meat Palace. It was gross and kinda pointless. Except for the hot Spuffy sex I find it quite a yawner. Except for the orientation vid she had to watch. That was funny as all hell. Gross. But funny.
soul_rebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 04:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I sort of liked DMP (Double Meat Palace) It was a nice comment on fast food, and showing that Buffy has other problems than just the slayer or lovelife-related ones. (I love that!)

But i truely hated DMP (Dead Mans Party) I would like to hear your reasons for it, Night Nymph, to see if we have the same
Callace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 05:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

I found any episode where the Potentials were being trained to be quite boring
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 01-26-2008, 05:38 AM
New Fan

I don't get the complaints about The Body.

It was... just... The reason it's so much sadder (or more significant, or something) than other deaths, like Jesse or Jenny's, is that the death was due to natural causes. It wasn't something Buffy could fight, which made it pretty different from anything else done in the show thus far.

It was never boring, exactly, but Joss said that he wanted to capture the "boredom" of death. It didn't do the whole larger- than- life death thing, and it was a realistic portrayal, and it was just... heartbreaking. Nothing I've seen, on Buffy or off it, has moved me nearly so much as The Body. It was completely flawless, in my opinion.

Anyway, I've disliked a lot of Jane Espenson's stuff (excluding earshot), and quite a bit of seasons 5-7. Especially Doublemeat palace, that ep where Buffy goes invisible, Buffy vs Dracula, and... iunno... I've only seen most season 5-7 episodes once or twice, with the exception of episodes like Once More with Feeling, Normal Again, The Body, Lessons, and Conversations with Dead People.

In earlier seasons, I disliked Bad Eggs, Dead Man's Party, Band Candy, Gingerbread, Bad Girls, Living Conditions, and some of the episodes centered on the Riley/ Initiative arc.
Shades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 06:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades (View Post)

It was... just... The reason it's so much sadder (or more significant, or something) than other deaths, like Jesse or Jenny's, is that the death was due to natural causes. It wasn't something Buffy could fight, which made it pretty different from anything else done in the show thus far.

It was never boring, exactly, but Joss said that he wanted to capture the "boredom" of death. It didn't do the whole larger- than- life death thing, and it was a realistic portrayal, and it was just... heartbreaking. Nothing I've seen, on Buffy or off it, has moved me nearly so much as The Body. It was completely flawless, in my opinion.

Well like I said, it was amazingly acted and well-written. But as far as a typical Buffy episode goes, this one was not the epitomy of the magic of the show. It was far too... melancholy and awkward.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 01-26-2008, 09:02 AM
Extreme Fan

Here are episodes that I didnt really like:

4th season:
The I in team
A new man
Superstar

6th season:
Entropy
Cotton Candy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 12:26 PM
Dedicated Fan

Doublemeat Palace!

Yes, definitely a bad episode.

Lazy Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 12:47 PM
Elite Fan

I loved, like loved " The Body" I thought that episode was on of the best hours of television ever. Everything about it, the way it was filmed, from the acting and to the whole feeling of it. It was beautiful.

I guess my least favorite episode is " Beer Bad" -but it was still ok
Old 01-26-2008, 02:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I absolutely adored The Body too. But its an ep that you cant watch often. Its too... intense for that.

I think the lack of magical elements is one of the things that makes it great. Joyce died a natural death. although the buffyverse is a magical place, it is important that there are aspects of real life in it too.
Callace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 07:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades (View Post)

Joyce's death wasn't sad. She was a brainless insensitive self-righteous pain in the ass who kicked Buffy out of the house and gave out crap to her when she came back. Joyce's death was long overdue. The ep was pretentious and fake.
Old 01-26-2008, 09:10 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
Joyce's death wasn't sad. She was a brainless insensitive self-righteous pain in the ass who kicked Buffy out of the house and gave out crap to her when she came back. Joyce's death was long overdue. The ep was pretentious and fake.
It was sad. You have a person's mother passing away. No matter what issues a person has with their mom, it is still the person that gave them life that has left this world.

the Joyce storyline was the only thing i liked in the 5th season..they handled the disease, people's reactions and Joyce's death perfectly.
Old 01-26-2008, 10:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildAtHeart (View Post)
It was sad. You have a person's mother passing away. No matter what issues a person has with their mom, it is still the person that gave them life that has left this world.
It may have been sad for Buffy but otherwise it was just the exit of an annoying character.
Reply   Post New Thread