Old 08-24-2016, 12:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I wish it could have been season 3
Old 01-26-2017, 01:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

Lovely picture.
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 01-28-2017, 12:56 PM
Elite Fan

Just imagine Season 3 with the S1 crew
It's taken me all this time to find out what I need
Old 01-30-2017, 07:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I think Cordelia & Doyle would have been together & Angel would have had a different love interest
Old 01-31-2017, 09:39 PM
Elite Fan

Agreed
Old 02-01-2017, 03:16 PM
New Fan

Agreed! I really like Cangel and I understand why Angel and Cordelia fell in love. But if Doyle hadn't die, I don't believe it would have happened.

I think that what sets this team appart from the others is that while the latter teams developped a strong bond, it sometimes felt like the mission and the job mattered more than their friendship. It's hard to explain. For me, Angel, Cordelia, and Doyle, quickly became best friends whom just happened to work together and share a mission.

Doyle didn't just want Angel to save people, he wanted him to save souls and to learn how to connect with people. He cared for him as Angel the individual more than as Angel the champion. I could go on and on.

I love the whole exchange between Angel and Doyle, then Cordy, at the beginning of 1x02. You could see the easy chemistry between the actors.
Old 02-03-2017, 11:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I agree, especially in s4, things were so fraught between the gang, because they had more important things to deal with so they just concentrated on the fight against evil.

I get that they say Cordelia was the heart of the gang a lot of the time.....but I think Doyle would have been took, like you said, he's the one that got Angel to realize that it wasn't just about saving people, but saving souls too. That became less & less important as the series went on...
Old 02-03-2017, 02:14 PM
New Fan

Yes s4 was a rough path. I'm not going to elaborate too much because I'd risk to be out of topic. I'd just say that I believe they all loved each other very much (Gunn wouldn't have been that pissed at Wesley if he didn't, for instance) which makes everything even sadder.

Maybe they were family but they weren't always friends ? I don't know. At some point I couldn't picture them enjoying a drink like Angel and Doyle did in season 1A. I love the scene with Angel, Cordelia, and Doyle, in 1x02, when they're talking about how hard it is to socialize those days.

Doyle had a big heart that's for sure ! He hide it behind his "devil may care" attitude (which I also love like I love everything about him). A bit like Cordelia had also a big heart that she hide behind her Queen C persona. They were meant for each other dammit !

It's funny because I think Doyle stepping away (by dying) and giving Cordelia the vision is what sent her on her way to become the heart of the group. His death was the first big electroshock for her (discounting what happened on Buffy). It's also what contributed to create an even closer bond with Angel.

Also, every Doyle and Doyle/Cordelia fans should read the Another Hero'verse, imho, it's amazing !

Last edited by apiondine88; 02-03-2017 at 07:30 PM
Old 02-14-2017, 08:52 PM
Elite Fan

*Joins in way late on discussion*

That's part of what made Cordy/Doyle such a good ship. They were similar in ways that complimented one another. It's kinda the opposite of Cordy/Xander in a way.
Old 02-17-2017, 05:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

They were

& I agree that Doyle giving Cordy the visions (& how that changed her) is what made her the heart of the group

The Angel Rewatch, Angel Rewatch - 1.09 “Hero” (4/?)

Old 03-18-2017, 11:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by apiondine88 (View Post)
Agreed! I really like Cangel and I understand why Angel and Cordelia fell in love. But if Doyle hadn't die, I don't believe it would have happened.

I think that what sets this team appart from the others is that while the latter teams developped a strong bond, it sometimes felt like the mission and the job mattered more than their friendship. It's hard to explain. For me, Angel, Cordelia, and Doyle, quickly became best friends whom just happened to work together and share a mission.

Doyle didn't just want Angel to save people, he wanted him to save souls and to learn how to connect with people. He cared for him as Angel the individual more than as Angel the champion. I could go on and on.

I love the whole exchange between Angel and Doyle, then Cordy, at the beginning of 1x02. You could see the easy chemistry between the actors.
I love this post. I completely agree!
Old 03-22-2017, 10:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

It's making me want to rewatch

I think that Doyle will always be a part of all the good that both Angel & Cordelia went on to do
Old 03-27-2017, 01:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think Doyle helped both Angel and Cordy to have a path of purpose.
Old 03-29-2017, 12:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

& Doyle & Cordy were to perfect two people to break down Angel's walls!
Old 03-29-2017, 12:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

They were.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread