Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-30-2012, 05:23 PM
Elite Fan

Kalinda Sharma|Archie Panjabi Appreciation Thread #13 - "Now I have a new obsession, I love you." Welcome to the club!!

Welcome to the
Kalinda Sharma | Archie Panjabi
Appreciation Thread

"Archie is smart and sensitive enough
as an actress to make anything fly.
An unusual talent"

- Sir Ridley Scott -

Supporter list
01. autumnღfairytale
02. Lennie1984
03. Full Throttle
04. Little_Grey
05. Eternal Flame
06. Brilliant Disguise
07. Libra
08. Lazy
09. alysummers
10. .: DoDs:.
11. Caribell
12. Kiki17
13. Gelfling
14. irishghost
15. own worst enemy
16. *MaryMgo*
17. Pan
18. alexis bledel the best
19. Mirani
20. Kalinda Smith
21. Leona1986
22. BepperGirl
23. Miss Femina
24. I'm Not Dead
25. Couch Tomato
26. Boots Electric
27. Solar
28. lkm
29. BK.
30. ChrissyDiva
31. light me up
32. Zuzoka
33. Lemon Tree
34. Broccoli
35. Vanora
36. Zuzoka
37. AnewFriend
37. RyeLyn
38. V_Elspeth
39. carissinha
40. Sonrisa_
41. EndlessღLove

Filmography

Future titles
Because Archie can make the phonebook sound like the Kama Sutra
Too Hot for TV!
Because she doesn't need cigarettes to be smokin'!
Because nobody intimidates Archie and that shows through

Previous Thread

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick

Last edited by Gelfling; 02-05-2012 at 02:25 AM
Old 01-30-2012, 05:26 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Can I be added, I love both Archie and Kalinda!
Welcome to the board Vicky You been added Happy Posting

Quote:
(by my own free will! )
Wrong choice of words I meant summons you in a good way

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 01-30-2012, 10:21 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiki17 (View Post)

New Title.

It was a pretty decent episode, more story based than personality this week. But... BUT I was not pleased seeing Kalinda let herself get slapped by Dana. This was soooooo out of character, and the writer wasn't the usual TGW team, so perhaps this is why the slap didn't seem real to Kalinda's nature. It looked like something out of Dynasty with Joan Collins.
Old 01-30-2012, 11:24 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
New Title.
Yeah. Not sure why we picked this one after all
I want a new vote!

Quote:
Just casting my vote for now (by my own free will! ): "Because Archie can make the phonebook sound like the Kama Sutra!"
look at you with the free will and all

Quote:
I would have returned the slap ... she thought she would give all that information without further?
Well to be fair, she invited it so she couldn't really slap her back.

Quote:
This was soooooo out of character, and the writer wasn't the usual TGW team, so perhaps this is why the slap didn't seem real to Kalinda's nature.
He wrote several episodes actually.
I thought that was pretty much in character (and the fact she didn't budge). Kalinda believes in consequences for your actions. You play, you lose. Dana tried to play her, she got played. I guess she thought that would prevent further unplesantness maybe? Like Dana going after Alicia? That would be just like her, wouldn't it? Taking one for the team, so to speak.

What I thought was out of place was that she almost looked remorseful

Quote:
I have Psychologies, tomorrow I'll try to post the pages if you want!
thanks Vicky! If you need help with the board, let me know

Quote:
She is the QUEEN!!!
How I love the strategy she did..
She was absolutely awesome! And the way she handled Elsbeth's concerns was brilliantly Kalinda

And because my post is not long enough and I still don't have SAG pics for you, here's a repost of our wishlist

Kalinda thread wishlist:
- Kalinda out of Kalinda-wear (casual clothes, evening gown... pjs? )
- Kalinda wearing her hair down
- More of Kalinda snooping around!
- Kalinda do a street car racing during an investgation.
- Kalinda in her apartment
- Kalinda getting some love from a kid, preferably old enough to ask embarrassing questions
- Kalinda dancing
- Kalinda in a church (now since they avoided it, I WANT to see it! Just to see what happens!)

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 01-31-2012, 09:18 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
BUT I was not pleased seeing Kalinda let herself get slapped by Dana. This was soooooo out of character, and the writer wasn't the usual TGW team, so perhaps this is why the slap didn't seem real to Kalinda's nature. It looked like something out of Dynasty with Joan Collins.
I partly agree with you, and partly don't . I think Kalinda's reaction was in character for Kalinda in Season 3, but kinda out of character for Kalinda in S2&1. And, Kalinda in S3 and Kalinda in S2&1 are different.. (Apology for the bumbling ) I mean, I can see her difference after the break with Alicia, she became less hostile than she was in S2 (remember what she did to Blake?), even she hadn't hooked up with anyone in S3 until now. She became more gentle and tender since season 3, didn't she? She was like SuperWoman back in season 1 and half of season 2!

I think the writers changed their strategy with this character somehow. Do you remember back in Season 1, Kalinda and Alicia went out together, and Kalinda shouted "Ass!" to someone, and told Alicia "it's good for your soul" (which is awesome), but we didn't hear her saying dirty words a lot since than, right? The only word I can recall is that "Darn" with Eli.

Just some random thoughts~

Quote:
You play, you lose. Dana tried to play her, she got played.
What I couldn't understand was why she was so angry and "heartbroken"? She forgot what she did to threaten Kalinda? And the jail thing? You forgot that one, Dana? It's a game, and you lost it, no need to be angry at all. The Season 2 Kalinda would have kicked your ass!

Last edited by RyeLyn; 01-31-2012 at 09:25 AM
Old 01-31-2012, 09:59 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Yeah. Not sure why we picked this one after all
Seee! I told Joana SOMEONE was gonna not like it! Lets change it then?

Quote:
I thought that was pretty much in character (and the fact she didn't budge). Kalinda believes in consequences for your actions. You play, you lose.
I agree, and is not like she lets Dana slap her. She gives Dana permission to slap her very different!

Quote:
yea that was odd, is not like Kalinda gives a fish about Dana, so not sure how she can feel remorse

Quote:
What I couldn't understand was why she was so angry and "heartbroken"?
Cause Dana is a fishing idiot

Quote:
I think Kalinda's reaction was in character for Kalinda in Season 3, but kinda out of character for Kalinda in S2&1. And, Kalinda in S3 and Kalinda in S2&1 are different.. (Apology for the bumbling )
Its funny cause I don't think Kalinda has change that much, but I kind of see what you mean

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 01-31-2012, 10:28 AM
Passionate Fan

I love this "Kalinda do a street car racing during an investgation." Who talks the writers and can request this? I think it's a brilliant idea.

I like that Kalinda took the slap like a "man." She didn't move her head, she didn't put her hand up to her cheek. Peter Florrick could take a few lessons from Kalinda on how to take a slap. Ooh - someone needs to make a gif of the two slaps. It would be great to see them side by side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyeLyn (View Post)
And, Kalinda in S3 and Kalinda in S2&1 are different.. (Apology for the bumbling ) I mean, I can see her difference after the break with Alicia, she became less hostile than she was in S2 (remember what she did to Blake?), even she hadn't hooked up with anyone in S3 until now. She became more gentle and tender since season 3, didn't she? She was like SuperWoman back in season 1 and half of season 2!
I hadn't thought about it either but I think you're definitely correct here. Kalinda's more reserved (who knew that was even possible). What did Will say to her earlier in the season about her being on an island now or something? Even Will's aware that Kalinda has changed since the Spring. We haven't seen her do a lot of investigating this year but I wonder if she's only willing to stick her neck out for Will and Alicia now as part of her plan to have no friends and keep to herself these days.
Old 01-31-2012, 11:18 AM
Dedicated Fan

Can I be added?

I think K changed in S3. Is all b/c Alicia and the "end" of their friendship.

Carissa
@carissinha

Icon by: Zalax
Old 01-31-2012, 01:56 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Thank you Kiki!

Quote:
thanks Vicky! If you need help with the board, let me know
Thank you Gelfling! I'll let you know! yesterday was acting a little wird, now it seems better!

So here you go, sorry for the poor quality I tried my best with my photo camera! As soon as I can use a real scan I will do better! Click on the pics for a bigger resolution:

OMG isn't she lovely??? I was in London for a week due to my job and she was there in the airport shop looking at me, I can't resist!!! :p

I also think that K (I love when Will call her "K") changed from S1&2 and S3. Maybe is just the perception we have of her this season that change, because we know something more about her feelings, we know that she cared a lot for Alicia, she let herself be involved with someone and then she was devastated by the end of this friendship. So maybe knowing that, change our way to see Kalinda, cause for the first time, we know something about her past we can relate to understand her behaviour and her sufference in the present.
Also I think that she is trying hard to change after Alicia, because for instance she decided to not sleep with Sofia again when she find out that she was married and then when she talked to Alicia in the car, she said almost sadly "I haven't changed, I am the same person" and so in my opinion, she really want to change and try to become a different person.
That said the way she stood in front of Dana and take the slap, without flinching, it was just amazing! For me it was not a peace offer, but like throw her down the gauntlet!!! I can't wait for next round!
Old 01-31-2012, 05:06 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
And if they writers could just make up their minds instead of giving us the revolving doors again, that would be great.
I gave up already of trying to understand the writers, or the Kings, or whatever!

We all know Kalinda is one of the greatest characters that ever came on TV. And they should be proud of that, and be thankful to Archie for making Kalinda what she is! AND in consequence they should work much more and much better to make things right.

The way they keep messing things for Kalinda is just insulting, not only for the character, the actress and themselves!

Quote:
I think guys aren't really much of a challenge for Kalinda and I think thats what I've always found interesting in her relationships with the ladies... Lana, Donna, Sophia, even Alicia in a way... they're all having complex relationships with K and it's not easy at all.
I think you're right! Kalinda need someone that makes her feel somewhat on her toes... I wouldn't say Donna, but both Lana and Sophia were trying to get inside Kalinda's head, and she felt challenge by them, though in different ways...

Quote:
Oh Kalinda, you are just so great!

Quote:
Her profile is like a flawless oil painting, right?
OMG Those were just

Quote:
And can we talk for one moment about that new leather jacket? black with the red sleeves? Oh Kalinda, Kalinda
As soon as I have a little time, I'm going to collect ALL her outfits, so I can and have an SG about her clothes (also doing it for Diane!)

Quote:
(still not enough pockets though since she still stacks hotel key cards in her bra )
Sshhh.... let her be....

Quote:
she did flirt, didn't sht?? Why is it that she just CANNOT have any chemistry with Dana then???
Oh, but she does have chemistry! I can even see those waves of lust emanating from her! The problem is on the receiver....

Quote:
that first Dana/Kalinda scene in the bar was kind of hot, it seemed as Dana was going to fall on her face looking at Kalinda's lip move.
Now that I think of that (not really, as I watch that scene a hundred times) I always see it as a Kalinda monologue! She oozes lustttttt through all her pores! HOOOOOOOOOOOT!

I myself almost fell on my face as well, so.... yeah!

Quote:
Now I wonder if Kalinda is a big on dancing?
I don't know about Kalinda, but Archie is a trained dancer!

Quote:
I'm still smiling about that letter read out loud by the Treasury attorney guy from Mr. Bit Coin #3 to Kalinda at the tail end of the show.

I have a new obsession now; I love you.
I think that letter expressed the feelings of many people!

Quote:
I don't see her dancing with someone in public. Dancing with someone in private... maybe
Well, I can see her dance in public by herself.... Just ignoring everyone who would certainly be drooling..... She would just be enjoying herself!

Quote:
but I don't think so either unless it was someone special and she won't dance with Alicia
Oh, I think I have a new wish for the A/K wish-list

Quote:
Alone... maybe, most likely. Or else in the anonymity of a dark club, like the one where she took Donna, but keeping to herself.
Yep!

Quote:
Quote:
Ok ok, I can see that!.....DAMN Fluff just gave me a the Donna flasback
well that's all we have so...
Yes, but still THE BEST kiss from the show! Damn it's hot in here!

Quote:
Uh I'm Vicky BTW, nice to meet you all Archie and Kalinda lovers!
Aww, one more Archie/Kalinda lover! Welcome!

Quote:
I know!

Quote:
look at you with the free will and all
Yeah, that's me!

Quote:
Kalinda believes in consequences for your actions
Yes she does! And a greek goddess just came to mind!

Quote:
Like when a grown up fools a child ?!

Quote:
And, Kalinda in S3 and Kalinda in S2&1 are different..
I can agree with you here... a little anyway. But her change, IS related to ALicia, and it's also how she know Alicia is important to her, and their relationship! If she was still the exact same as in S1, or S2, that would mean the fall apart between her and Alicia hadn't touch her deep! And we know it did! Very, very deep!

Quote:
What I couldn't understand was why she was so angry and "heartbroken"? She forgot what she did to threaten Kalinda? And the jail thing? You forgot that one, Dana? It's a game, and you lost it, no need to be angry at all
Yeah! I thought she was going to cry! But I think Dana thinks she pretty good, and realizing she was played, when she thought she was the one playing Kalinda, that was a big hole in her ego!

Quote:
She gives Dana permission to slap her very different!
No, no, no! She asks Dana to slap her! Still getting Dana do what she wants! And she can take a slap like that!

Quote:
She didn't move her head, she didn't put her hand up to her cheek. Peter Florrick could take a few lessons from Kalinda on how to take a slap. Ooh - someone needs to make a gif of the two slaps. It would be great to see them side by side.
Gifted people, make it happen! Please!

Quote:
So here you go, sorry for the poor quality I tried my best with my photo camera! As soon as I can use a real scan I will do better! Click on the pics for a bigger resolution:
OMG!!!!!!! That profile pic!
Old 01-31-2012, 07:54 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Femina (View Post)
OMG!!!!!!! That profile pic!
I thought the same thing, which is why it is next in my Archie portrait line up! You want it? If it turns out looking like the real deal, then it's yours if you do!
Old 02-01-2012, 02:47 AM
Elite Fan

OOooh this thread!! It's ALIIIIIVEEEE!!!

carissinha, you've been added

Brace yourselves, it's going to be an epic post!! (but please don't leave )

Quote:
Thank you Gelfling! I'll let you know! yesterday was acting a little wird, now it seems better!
yeah is acting funky sometimes, no worries. And you can call me Fluff or Carla, it's easier
And oh those magnificent pics!! Finally we get another photoshoot!!! thanks for sharing!!

Quote:
I was in London for a week due to my job and she was there in the airport shop looking at me, I can't resist!!! :p
Soooo happy you didn't even try! Who can resist her anyway??

Quote:
Seee! I told Joana SOMEONE was gonna not like it! Lets change it then?
Nah let's keep the conversation going instead of having a vote. It's fine!

Quote:
I love this "Kalinda do a street car racing during an investgation." Who talks the writers and can request this? I think it's a brilliant idea.
We really DO need to makes these more visible... like a giant sign in front of the writers room or ... something you could see from space!

Quote:
Kalinda need someone that makes her feel somewhat on her toes... I wouldn't say Donna, but both Lana and Sophia were trying to get inside Kalinda's head, and she felt challenge by them, though in different ways...
She certainly likes the chase and the power shift/struggle thing. I think maybe Donna was... just won and discarded in a way.

Quote:
I agree, and is not like she lets Dana slap her. She gives Dana permission to slap her very different!
No, she doesn't. She ASKS her to! Big diff! It's like "go ahead, give me your best shot"

Quote:
I like that Kalinda took the slap like a "man." She didn't move her head, she didn't put her hand up to her cheek.
Damn!!!! She didn't flinch!! You know what? She flinched more when Donna dumped a bag of harsh truths on her head in PP!

Quote:
Peter Florrick could take a few lessons from Kalinda on how to take a slap. Ooh - someone needs to make a gif of the two slaps. It would be great to see them side by side.
well it's also because Dana hit like a girl and Peter got the Jules special!!

Quote:
That said the way she stood in front of Dana and take the slap, without flinching, it was just amazing! For me it was not a peace offer, but like throw her down the gauntlet!!! I can't wait for next round!
You know I didn't see it that way but I think you're abolutely right! I took it for remorse maybe because of the way this "relationship" has been set from the start but it could just have been a "I made my move, now you do yours" kinda thing and that look at the end from Kalinda... could be worry about what's next.

Quote:
Like when a grown up fools a child ?!
I like your way of thinking!

Quote:
She became more gentle and tender since season 3, didn't she? She was like SuperWoman back in season 1 and half of season 2!
Well she has changed but she was more superficial in S1 and S2. They are showing more layers now. Maybe they are not handling it right because
a) they make her stupidly weak and soft to make her more attractive to "younger audiences" (aka fangirls) with Cary
and b) it's good they show a different side of her but the sides we already know shouldn't disapppear.
They should nix the whole C/K thing once and for all and keep showing more badassness, mixed with a few genuine intimate/vulnerable moments and the balance would be restored.
The thing is they have to make those moments authentic like the elevator scene in Getting Off, not like that whole "Oh my hero, you saved me! Give me a kiss! " OtherKalinda had going on with Cary!

Quote:
The way they keep messing things for Kalinda is just insulting, not only for the character, the actress and themselves!
she is BACK!

Quote:
Also I think that she is trying hard to change after Alicia, because for instance she decided to not sleep with Sofia again when she find out that she was married and then when she talked to Alicia in the car, she said almost sadly "I haven't changed, I am the same person" and so in my opinion, she really want to change and try to become a different person.
Agreed but I was unsatisfied by that episode because a lot of people concluded she was mending her evil ****ty ways when it had less to do with "morals" (their idea or Alicia's idea of it) and more to do with Kalinda trying to care more about the bodies she leaves in her wake. She's trying to be a different person, yes, but in the sense that she's trying to care more about what happened to others when she makes her moves.
I think that could have easily been sold by her asking Sophia if her husband knew she had women (and men maybe) on the side. It would have looked less like some Christian morals awakening and more like a perception shift.

Quote:
If she was still the exact same as in S1, or S2, that would mean the fall apart between her and Alicia hadn't touch her deep! And we know it did! Very, very deep!
That sounds kinda dirty I do agree it's the continuation of the changes we have seen in Kalinda between the "if you identify with clients, you'll burn out" pilot and Kalinda doing good deeds above and beyond what Alicia asked of her in Mock for instance.
But sometimes, the way they present things, it looks like she's getting generally "soft", which she isn't. Not with everyone and not in any situation.

Quote:
I think the writers changed their strategy with this character somehow. Do you remember back in Season 1, Kalinda and Alicia went out together, and Kalinda shouted "Ass!" to someone, and told Alicia "it's good for your soul"
Yeah like Eli who supposedly has a loud mouth but never ever swear. It's a network thing. They probably are trying to soften her to make her more palatable, yes.

Quote:
we didn't hear her saying dirty words a lot since than, right? The only word I can recall is that "Darn" with Eli.
she was mocking him though. She could have said Damn but she was playing the innocent

Quote:
We haven't seen her do a lot of investigating this year but I wonder if she's only willing to stick her neck out for Will and Alicia now as part of her plan to have no friends and keep to herself these days.
I do think she's still very much self-protective, even more than before, but she's very loyal.

Quote:
What I couldn't understand was why she was so angry and "heartbroken"? She forgot what she did to threaten Kalinda? And the jail thing?
You know, this whole arc was laid out with Sophia in mind. I think sometimes the writers are just ignoring the fact there is no pre-existing relationship between Dana and Kalinda and are playing it by ear. If Sophia had made that offer to Kalinda, if Kalinda had played her, that would have played totally differently for the characters.
There it just seems... out of place. They're nothing to each other.

I really do not see why Dana is even there really. This whole arc could have been just Cary and Kalinda but I guess that was going against the network's plan to have Gossip Girl fans rooting for them.

Quote:
Now that I think of that (not really, as I watch that scene a hundred times) I always see it as a Kalinda monologue! She oozes lustttttt through all her pores! HOOOOOOOOOOOT!
are you ok? Do you need a glass of water maybe?
She was super super hot, it's true. I think there were people drooling all over the world during that scene

Quote:
I myself almost fell on my face as well, so.... yeah!
Like K said "too easy" Kalinda had you at hello so it's not really the same as Dana. But yeah she's hard to resist our Kalinda.

Quote:
Sshhh.... let her be....
are you defending her on principle, because you're also a member of the sisterhood like Kiki or because you just enjoy seeing her get it out of there? You know what? Don't tell me! Some mysteries are better not solved

Quote:
Well, I can see her dance in public by herself.... Just ignoring everyone who would certainly be drooling..... She would just be enjoying herself!
I can picture it
I do think she could dance in public but like you said, on her own. Probably turning down a lot of propositions (and turning on a lot of people )

Quote:
Yes, but still THE BEST kiss from the show! Damn it's hot in here!
It is now! Ah Donna and yeah it was definitely very very hot because Kalinda was SOOOOO into it!!

Quote:
Yes she does! And a greek goddess just came to mind!
Nemesis?

Quote:
As soon as I have a little time, I'm going to collect ALL her outfits, so I can and have an SG about her clothes (also doing it for Diane!)
OOooohh what a grrreat idea! We'll send the results to Dan Lawson and ask for a special picture!
I can do a few episodes if you want me to.

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 02-01-2012, 08:16 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Femina (View Post)
IGifted people, make it happen! Please!
Is there someone we can ask? I wouldn't even know how to do it myself. I'm good with Word and Excel. Nothing else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
Brace yourselves, it's going to be an epic post!! (but please don't leave )
you weren't kidding.

Quote:
We really DO need to makes these more visible... like a giant sign in front of the writers room or ... something you could see from space!
let's do it!

Quote:
Damn!!!! She didn't flinch!! You know what? She flinched more when Donna dumped a bag of harsh truths on her head in PP!
you're right! she definitely didn't like that conversation with Donna. She was extremely uncomfortable there. I guess Kalinda doesn't mind a little physical pain but emotional/physicallogical, that's a whole other story.

Quote:
TRUE!! Dana's slap was lame.

Quote:
:I do think she's still very much self-protective, even more than before, but she's very loyal.
Yes, very loyal. She has their backs. An interesting story line would be if that fierce loyalty gets her into trouble. Oh wait, maybe that's what's going to happen now. Hmmmm.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:37 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
My idea~~

Quote:
Maybe is just the perception we have of her this season that change, because we know something more about her feelings, we know that she cared a lot for Alicia, she let herself be involved with someone and then she was devastated by the end of this friendship. So maybe knowing that, change our way to see Kalinda, cause for the first time, we know something about her past we can relate to understand her behaviour and her sufference in the present.
Yes, back in S1, I could barely know anything of her inner feelings, what I could say then was just "Soooo awesome!!" "Badass!" and something like that, but I think we can tell most of her feelings no. This is pretty good. I see this as a reasonable, progressive change of a character. We can see her difference, and we can tell why.

Oh these pics!!! I love her FLAWLESS PROFILE.. Just speechless. And I love that interview! I know you're shy, Archie. And that's cute~ "Celebrities don't really change the world." You are seriously my role model.

Thank you Vicky for posting them! And welcome to the board!

Quote:
I was in London for a week due to my job and she was there in the airport shop looking at me, I can't resist!!! :p
What??!!! Lucky you!!!!!

Quote:
I can agree with you here... a little anyway. But her change, IS related to ALicia
This is exactly what I mean. Her relationship with Alicia changed her.

Quote:
Right! Just like her little singing. "Diane has a boyfriend~~"

Quote:
They should nix the whole C/K thing once and for all and keep showing more badassness, mixed with a few genuine intimate/vulnerable moments and the balance would be restored.
Yeah.. As much as I like Matt&Archie, and I like to see them together, I don't buy this so-lame storyline! And that kiss in 308 was too much forced.

Quote:
The thing is they have to make those moments authentic like the elevator scene in Getting Off
Oh, have mercy Fluff, don't even mention this elevator scene, my heart is aching seeing these words!

Quote:
haha... As a Archie fan, I have to thank Monica Raymund for being so "kind" to Archie. Maybe she just could slap her so hard! Thank you Monica!

Quote:
OOooh this thread!! It's ALIIIIIVEEEE!!!
Oh yeah, let's keep the pace!
Old 02-01-2012, 01:25 PM
Dedicated Fan

Is it just me or did anyone else got the feeling Kalinda's been hit on the face before?