Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-13-2015, 05:16 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
You have no argument from me here. If I was a writer, I wouldn't drop a whole storyline in the middle just because the actress I was counting on (even though she was already in another show) is unavailable. I'd just finish it without her.
Do I dare to speculate that when Alicia can't be Bishop's ticket to safe retirement, he'll try other routes such as pressuring Kalinda to deal with her FBI girlfriend? So whatever the status of their relationship or Lana's job could be brought up? There are sooooo many ways they could finish the storyline and mention Lana without her onscreen presence! It drives me crazy!
Old 04-14-2015, 02:41 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgocam (View Post)
But Lana's story with Kalinda is so connected to Bishop and Cary. They should at least explain what happened to the white card and the K/L relationship. I mean they wanted her for 8 eps but crammed everything into 3. That's not a story arc they intended to be a filler in Kalinda's last season. Too many significant things happened to K/L this season. They don't need Lana onscreen to explain everything! They just need to explain!
So true. I need some answers. When they introduced the story line and the writers promised us to get some answers later on...I already knew where it was headed. No answers at all.
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 04-14-2015, 05:46 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Do I dare to speculate that when Alicia can't be Bishop's ticket to safe retirement, he'll try other routes such as pressuring Kalinda to deal with her FBI girlfriend?
That would be the logical move, wouldn't it?? The Gods know that logical and TGW are two different planets altogether though.

Quote:
There are sooooo many ways they could finish the storyline and mention Lana without her onscreen presence! It drives me crazy!
I knooooooooow! It drives me crazy too! Why bring her in at all, and edit the episodes the way they were edited if it was to leave so much open-ended?!

Quote:
So true. I need some answers. When they introduced the story line and the writers promised us to get some answers later on...I already knew where it was headed. No answers at all.
I think the TGW writers have a very different dictionary from the rest of us because so many things they say just end up being the complete opposite of what they said. Maybe they are working off an antonym dictionary

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 04-20-2015, 07:20 PM
Elite Fan

Just bumping this one back up from page 2.

Is it bad that I keep wishing Danielle was having a scene with Archie because she was standing in for Jill in a Lana scene, rather than for JM in an A/K scene?

I mean... Jill can't be there. Danielle stood in for her before... maybe we'll get the Lana ending we wanted?

Old 04-21-2015, 10:38 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Just bumping this one back up from page 2.

Is it bad that I keep wishing Danielle was having a scene with Archie because she was standing in for Jill in a Lana scene, rather than for JM in an A/K scene?

I mean... Jill can't be there. Danielle stood in for her before... maybe we'll get the Lana ending we wanted?
Nah. Is definitely an A/K scene. Jill wasn't in NYC that time.

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 04-21-2015, 12:05 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiki17 (View Post)
Nah. Is definitely an A/K scene. Jill wasn't in NYC that time.
Wait. This storyline will be left as it is? No resolution, no explanation about the white card, not even mention of Lana? That's just bad storytelling, to leave it dangling like that, especially considerin how the lat episode with Lana was quite significant :/
Old 04-21-2015, 12:37 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annima (View Post)
Wait. This storyline will be left as it is? No resolution, no explanation about the white card, not even mention of Lana? That's just bad storytelling, to leave it dangling like that, especially considerin how the lat episode with Lana was quite significant :/
Sadly, the answer to this is yes. I am like 99% sure we won't see Lana again. ANOTHER wasted storyline.

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 04-21-2015, 06:04 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Jill wasn't in NYC that time.
I know and that's my point.

We keep saying that they need to have her run away with Lana and well Jill is not there so it could have been Elle standing for her like in the distance or something

Quote:
Wait. This storyline will be left as it is?
Yes. Because the writers were stupid enough to rest an entire arc on an actress that they knew was on another show, even though they could have used years ago when she wasn't in another show but they didn't really need an arc for Kalinda back then.

And when they found out that she couldn't be there for 8 episodes like they wanted, did they change their plans? Nope. They still started the arc and they won't finish it.

Old 04-22-2015, 08:06 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:

We keep saying that they need to have her run away with Lana and well Jill is not there so it could have been Elle standing for her like in the distance or something
Ohhhh hahaha. Well I missed that. I still think is A/K tho

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 04-22-2015, 12:12 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Given that K is back to sleeping with C, I actually hope the implication is that Lana's last FBI scene meant she was transferred out of town. Any scenario of her still in Chicago and that Kalinda is sleeping with both of them diminishes the K/L relationship. But I can overlook it if Lana isn't even in town anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling
And when they found out that she couldn't be there for 8 episodes like they wanted, did they change their plans? Nope. They still started the arc and they won't finish it.
But we don't know if it's a case of the writers not finishing it. Either they will finish it by implying that Kalinda will leave town and go to Lana wherever she is (see above), or Lana's FBI last scene was meant to "end" her arc and her relationship with K. I would hate it if it's the latter. It's way too ambiguous and abstract. They don't need Lana's actual onscreen presence to *imply* Kalinda is going to meet up with Lana somewhere. That's my last hope right now.

I can even overlook the unresolved white card thing, because if it's never mentioned again, we can assume Bishop's focus has shifted to Dylan and retirement. The white card could have been a red herring to get the audience all worried about the Kalinda/Bishop dynamic. But we can't have EVERYTHING related to the Kalinda/Lana plot to be a misdirection and ambiguous storytelling. It would be BAD storytelling taken to an extreme.

The bottom-line is, what was the point of the whole hair down progress and Kalinda finally taking Lana seriously if it never leads to anything more, if not even offscreen in the future after Kalinda leaves? What a waste of character development it would be.

ETA:

This is sort of a SPOILER regarding the white card and Lana. RK is not saying much other than the plot thread is still alive.

TVLine Scoops

So maybe there's hope they'll at least mention Lana?

Last edited by pgocam; 04-22-2015 at 02:55 PM
Old 04-22-2015, 05:55 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Ohhhh hahaha. Well I missed that. I still think is A/K tho
Spoilsport!

Quote:
Given that K is back to sleeping with C
Ewww! (sorry)

Quote:
I actually hope the implication is that Lana's last FBI scene meant she was transferred out of town. Any scenario of her still in Chicago and that Kalinda is sleeping with both of them diminishes the K/L relationship.
And Kalinda's character but it's nothing new, is it?
As soon as they started generating buzz with Lana in S1, they ran away scared and paired her with Burton so that the cons watching CBS wouldn't stop watching.

Quote:
But I can overlook it if Lana isn't even in town anymore.
You're more generous than I am.

Quote:
But we don't know if it's a case of the writers not finishing it. Either they will finish it by implying that Kalinda will leave town and go to Lana wherever she is (see above)
please Lord!

Quote:
or Lana's FBI last scene was meant to "end" her arc and her relationship with K.
If that last scene was how they ended this arc, they should give back their writing awards to whomever was stupid enough to give it to them.

Quote:
I would hate it if it's the latter. It's way too ambiguous and abstract. They don't need Lana's actual onscreen presence to *imply* Kalinda is going to meet up with Lana somewhere. That's my last hope right now.
I will hold on to that hope until the very last second of Kalinda's screentime, when they douse it in kerosene and set it on fire.

Quote:
But we can't have EVERYTHING related to the Kalinda/Lana plot to be a misdirection and ambiguous storytelling. It would be BAD storytelling taken to an extreme.
It would make the first part of the season basically just killing time

Quote:
What a waste of character development it would be.
If Archie ever wrote a book about her time on TGW, that would be a perfect title for it. Waste of Character Development.

Quote:
This is sort of a SPOILER regarding the white card and Lana. RK is not saying much other than the plot thread is still alive.
Of course RK cannot be trusted with much so we'll see.

Old 04-22-2015, 09:13 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Ewww! (sorry)
Don't be sorry, I feel the same way x1000.

Quote:
You're more generous than I am.
I'm just trying hard to preserve my sanity. Trust me, I'm pissed about C/K.

Quote:
If that last scene was how they ended this arc, they should give back their writing awards to whomever was stupid enough to give it to them.
I keep wanting to give the Kings the benefit of the doubt. No way could their writing be that bad. But then I remember these are the same people who thought the Nick arc was a brilliant idea.

Quote:
I will hold on to that hope until the very last second of Kalinda's screentime, when they douse it in kerosene and set it on fire.

Quote:
If Archie ever wrote a book about her time on TGW, that would be a perfect title for it. Waste of Character Development.

Quote:
Of course RK cannot be trusted with much so we'll see.
If I ever wrote a book about the Kings' handling of anything to do with Kalinda, it would be titled "Cannot Be Trusted".
Old 04-23-2015, 02:43 AM
Supreme Fan

To be honest...regarding that article...to me it kind of came across that they forgot about it and are now hiding behind a very general answer.
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 04-23-2015, 07:28 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Don't be sorry, I feel the same way x1000.
And don't get me wrong, Matt is hot. The Cary/Kalinda thing however is not.
And neither is the fact they use it again and again to reassure viewers about Kalinda's sexuality. Ugh.

Quote:
I'm just trying hard to preserve my sanity. Trust me, I'm pissed about C/K.
I gave up on my sanity years ago but I wish you good luck.

Quote:
But then I remember these are the same people who thought the Nick arc was a brilliant idea.
and then got pissed at fans for saying it was crap.

Quote:
If I ever wrote a book about the Kings' handling of anything to do with Kalinda, it would be titled "Cannot Be Trusted".
It should come attached to their resumés for the next few years.

Quote:
To be honest...regarding that article...to me it kind of came across that they forgot about it and are now hiding behind a very general answer.
Right? it reminds me of a similar answer they gave when asked about the FBI investigation into Peter and Childs during s2. It's more like "the storyline is still there", generally speaking yes it is: Bishop and Kalinda may be gone soon but technically they're still there.

Old 04-27-2015, 06:09 PM
Elite Fan

Soooo I guess we're ****ed, right?