Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-15-2012, 01:25 PM
Elite Fan

The Good Wife TV Room #17 - Because there's no better way to end the year than laughing at the Golden Globes!

Welcome to the TV Room
The thread where the Teevee Junkies can get their fix

"Pass the remote" - Alicia

Previous Thread

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Last edited by Gelfling; 12-16-2012 at 07:55 PM
Old 12-15-2012, 01:27 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
So how the pick the nominees? They have to watch the whole show?
yeah right! They pick from the press, hun. Hence all the fads that won't die!

Quote:
I know, but for four or so episodes, I think. And wasn't her part smaller?
I can't speak about smaller because I haven't seen S2 (and I don't think I will, I got screwed over by S1 enough, thanks Ryan Murphy ) but all her scenes were awesome and with Jessica Lange.

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 12-15-2012, 02:29 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
I can't speak about smaller because I haven't seen S2 (and I don't think I will, I got screwed over by S1 enough, thanks Ryan Murphy ) but all her scenes were awesome and with Jessica Lange.
Ahh! So I'll check it out when I have time. I don't know how s1 was but I've seen many people saying s2 is much better.

After an eternity I'm finally starting to like Doctor Who. I promised my friend I would watch season 3 and 4 if she watched BSG and so far season 4 dynamic is working very well. So at least I don't have to suffer as I do watching Moonlighting, that has an awful fourth season even for ML standards.
Old 12-15-2012, 06:01 PM
Elite Fan

The title, THANK YOU FLUFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
yeah right! They pick from the press, hun. Hence all the fads that won't die!
And Elizabeth got ZERO press for her scene in 3x06 OMG NOOOO I WANT HER TO BE NOMINATED, GUY IT HURTS
I hate everything, I hate awards and I hate myself for caring about awards.

Eugenia | tumblr ♔| twitter
Old 12-15-2012, 06:15 PM
Master Fan

I didn't see the title!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndlessღLove (View Post)
I hate everything, I hate awards and I hate myself for caring about awards.
About me. Hey at least this year Amy and Tina are presenting so I have something to look forward
Old 12-15-2012, 06:29 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by poehler-bear (View Post)
About me. Hey at least this year Amy and Tina are presenting so I have something to look forward
Yes! And Jules' first GG but I will stop saying that because I don't want to jinx it. I have learned that NOTHING SHOULD BE TAKEN FOR GRANTED

Old 12-15-2012, 06:30 PM
Master Fan

Love the map in the OP!

- Mel
Old 12-16-2012, 11:18 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Gosh I miss BSG
Me too I'm seriously thinking about buying the Blu-rays, but complete boxsets are so expensive

Quote:
She's the only thing worth watching it for. Farmiga was pretty good too.
I dropped S1 after 4 episodes or so, and S2 just after pilot. Lange is amazing, but the show itself tries too hard.

Quote:
oh they haven't seen S3 yet, that could explain it
Good point I loved the finale though. Left me with a big smile on my face. A nice change after all this frustrating drama

Quote:
IT WAS AMAZING OH HUGH
Right? The whole thing was perfection tbh But yeah, Hugh had the best lines, although "mother****er"! with British accent sounds ridiculous and that tea-loving buyer was hilarious as well: "I'll take that **** with some milk!"

Quote:
After an eternity I'm finally starting to like Doctor Who. I promised my friend I would watch season 3 and 4 if she watched BSG and so far season 4 dynamic is working very well. So at least I don't have to suffer as I do watching Moonlighting, that has an awful fourth season even for ML standards.
My friend recently watched 4 seasons of DW in 2 weeks or so and she loves it, so I'll be forced to watch, she talks about it all the time But first I should really finish TXT, but I'm still at the beginning of S7, I'm totally not in the TV mood...

Last edited by Aga_darkside; 12-16-2012 at 02:00 PM
Old 12-16-2012, 01:50 PM
Obsessed Fan

TFTNT
Love the map.
Old 12-16-2012, 02:25 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aga_darkside (View Post)
Me too I'm seriously thinking about buying the Blu-rays, but complete boxsets are so expensive
Yeah, I want it too. I'll need money first.

Quote:
but the show itself tries too hard.
It does, but it's so entertaining! And good actors

Quote:
My friend recently watched 4 seasons of DW in 2 weeks or so and she loves it, so I'll be forced to watch, she talks about it all the time
I still don't understand what the hype is all about. The show is ridiculous and I really don't like the Doctor. The acting is so poor. But I think the chemistry between Tenth and Donna (the s4 characters) is pretty great and that's why I'm enjoying it.
And yes! You need to finish TXF! Season 7 is pretty meh but M/S

I finally caught up with Homeland. A lot of conflicted feelings. And I'm too lazy to read all the pages of your discussion.

Only two episodes left to finish FNL I still like the show but s4 and s5 were a let down.

I'm catching up on The Hour. I really love this show despite all its flaws.
Old 12-16-2012, 05:59 PM
Master Fan

I am losing interest in Revenge. Sad. I love seeing Michael Trucco though.

- Mel
Old 12-17-2012, 02:46 AM
Dedicated Fan

only for those who watched Homeland season finale

now I'm going to curl up into a ball and cry for the next 9 months.
Old 12-17-2012, 03:25 AM
Total Fan

Thank you Anna!

Damn! It's going to take me a lot of time to wrap my head around what just happened
Old 12-17-2012, 09:14 AM
Elite Fan

So my plan for this Summer (Winter for the Northern Hemisphere peeps) :

-The Hour
-Broadwalk Empire
-Homeland
-Finish American Horror Story
-Modern Family
-Upstairs, downstairs
-Sherlock
-Have a life (if I have the time)

And ofc keep watching my tv shows: TGW, Glee, Pretty Little Liars and Revenge. (NO DOWNTON IN SUMMER )

Which one should I pick first?

Last edited by EndlessღLove; 12-17-2012 at 01:49 PM
Old 12-17-2012, 11:30 AM
Extreme Fan

HOMELAND SPOILERS!!~~~!!! I come peddling HOMELAND SPOILERS!!!

I need to go back and respond to a million posts on this thread but with the finale today, I'm gonna need some personal time first, okay guys?
Eh so Brody made it, who would have thought? Maybe he's going to get eaten by a Bear 20 kms into Canada.

Do I buy that he was completely innocent? Yes.

Do I like that they have kept it ambiguous to some extent? A little but not a lot because it's really affecting Damien's acting choices at this point and half the times I can't make out if he's being dubious or is simply inept.
With the first 10 mins of the show being dedicated to C/B playing house, you knew it had to end in tears.
I'm not entirely sure what made Carrie trust him all of a sudden when she had a gun pointing right at him a second ago, but I'm thinking it was her general intuition which has mostly borne her well.
Saul was my favorite thing this episode, he was just amazing. Everything from his heartbreak at the carnage to his sentiment at Nazir's funeral, and his utter belief in Carrie - all great stuff. I loved the final moment between them, especially since he has to know that Carrie has been up to no good in the intervening night where she's been missing. i'm glad Mira is coming back too, though I wish it's not a rehash of their old troubles.

Is it just me or is the dialogue a little cheesy sometimes - "Goodbye, love" especially seemed like something out of a early 20c musical than Homeland. I don't doubt that Brody loves her, or that they're uber-allergic to using the L-word about each other, but still Brody used to have game, didnt he? Wasnt he quite the charmer once upon a time?

Oh well, the show has bigger troubles, with maybe losing some of their best writers to Pilot season and also the creators making another show for CBS. I for one can't wait for S3. They've set it all up pretty nicely.

More thoughts when i can think better.

Quote:
-The Hour
-Broadwalk Empire
-Homeland
-Finish American Horror Story
-Modern Family
-Upstairs, downstairs
-Sherlocke
-Have a life (if I have the time
Based on my personal preference

1. Sherlock - The best thing on TV for my money. I dont even think of it as TV because it just ruins other TV for me by comparison. But then I am a fan of the original stories, and while you don't *need* to have read them, it does enhance the experience and the makes you better appreciate the performances the actors are turning in. But sadly not much shipping potential for you Eug unless you're into non-canon shipping. One of my most fav on -screen friendships though on screen. But be prepared for long hiatuses. Like the mother of hiatuses.

2. HOMELAND - What are you waiting for? Join the discussion. We'll probably do a rewatch after the holidays are over and everyone has time. It is seriously addictive. Really well done, the twists are great, but is more than anything else, a character piece. And places itself in the larger context of what the war on terror implies from both sides, and for the people caught in between. They also hit the jackpot with their actors. Mad chemistry sister, mad chemistry too. Warning though - bratty teens.

The Hour - Another of those Brit series which are blink and they're gone. Only six episodes a season, means watching one season is more like watching two movies. But I found the first season genuinely gripping with great production values and a female protagnist who I could root for and identify with, who was not too much of a killjoy, martyr, airhead, saint. Also negotiating her world in the men's world without the excessive sexism which makes Mad Men unpalatable to me. Oh and there's a triangle, but you can ignore it and still love the show. I love the triangle too. I'm waiting for the second season to end so I can catch up in one go.

4. Modern Family - I remember laughing out loud a lot during the first season, but by the second it had become repetitive and I lost track. But if you like TV comedies then this is probably one of the better ones around in the mainstream variety. I seem to go for the more oft-kilter ones, so what do I know.

5. Upstairs, Downstairs - Knowing how much you love DA, you should love this, but the revival was panned for being a poor cousin of DA (which made me keep away from it) so I'm ranking it low.

6. BE - Umm just don't. Bloated, pretentious, just plain boring. I don't recommend it.

7. Have a life - Because TV these days is just that good.