Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-26-2016, 03:02 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I've always had scene rewrites in my head if JC never left and a lot of the stuff I'm writing are from those ideas
Find your inspiration where you can, that's good. It seems more and more TGW fanfic is about fixing the mess the writers made with the show. Not a good sign for the show, but a good sign for the fanfic writers.

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 04-26-2016, 07:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Then that means I'll have to finally watch season 6 because I don't know what happened really after Will died

But I know for sure NO POLITICAL CRAP
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 04-27-2016, 07:31 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Then that means I'll have to finally watch season 6 because I don't know what happened really after Will died
poor you.

Old 04-27-2016, 10:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

pray for me

I realized I didn't post Chapter 7 when I started on Chapter 8...so here's two chapters

Allowances: Chapter 7

Allowances: Chapter 8
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 04-28-2016, 06:00 PM
Elite Fan

Go and sin some more

Old 04-28-2016, 08:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Sin?
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 04-29-2016, 03:02 PM
Elite Fan

Well, I'm only guessing fanfic is a sin against someone. Maybe just Saint Robert King I don't know

Old 04-30-2016, 01:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I want to write this the way I feel on some level the show should have been written. Yeah I'm all about Will and Alicia, obviously but there are so many other components that were underserved and needed to be developed

I'm probably in the small majority who think that Cary and Kalinda had something special but the writers wrote it as Kalinda just toying with Cary and was m never going to admit it to him. That is sad to me because we've seen both Cary and Kalinda both struggle personally and they've found their way with each other. They are both complex characters who really get each other when it's obvious that no one else does.

I am pained, literally it breaks my heart to watch season 6 that I literally have no idea what happened and never finished the season who who knows how that turned out, I'm not getting my hopes up

Maybe I'm overreaching but I feel like if the character of Will Gardner was used in a way that served the law, I would like to think Josh would have stayed. He would have something to fight for and not just Alicia. She was totally worth fighting for, but Will built a career and he was a very young lawyer to be a named partner in such a way that he was. I want to keep that. I want to keep Will fighting in the courtroom the way he was in season 1, he was unstoppable. He didn't become successful by just sitting around doing nothing. He knew the law better than anyone and he proved it.

I often wonder how it went all about when Diane, Will and (absentee) Jonas started their own firm. I would like to think it was a lot like the way Cary and Alicia were when they started out with nothing and slowly built their way up and became who why did (minus the bitter and jealous Will)

I don't know where this story will take me but I'm loving it! This is how I think The Good Wife should've handled things. Have depth instead of just people existent. Stop with the new characters and value what you have

All in all, the Kings screwed up big time. I think that Josh Charles not being at that series finale party spoke volumes to the relationship they all have. Yes he's working and all that jazz. But to not say something (I know he did when the announcement was made) about the last episode whether he's in it or not. It just shows how a really close group of cast mates can grow apart as easily as they grew together

[/end rant]
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 05-01-2016, 05:56 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I'm probably in the small majority who think that Cary and Kalinda had something special
Never saw it really. Matt and Archie are awesome and they have great chemistry as people but Cary and Kalinda as characters truly live in different dimensions. I liked Cary chasing her but when they actually tried to make it something else, it failed completely because the only way they could do that was to destroy Kalinda as a character, but then maybe that's what they wanted.

Quote:
They are both complex characters who really get each other when it's obvious that no one else does.
That's the thing though. They really don't. Kalinda doesn't get tht Cary is serious and Cary doesn't get Kalinda at all. He just thinks she's hiding a soft heart under a hardened facade and that he's the one to swoop in and crack her shell wide open but she's really not. And he's not the one to "save her from herself".

Quote:
Maybe I'm overreaching but I feel like if the character of Will Gardner was used in a way that served the law, I would like to think Josh would have stayed. He would have something to fight for and not just Alicia.
you could tell just from watching Josh. He came alive during the court scenes and the firm struggle. He was sleepwalking through the rest at the end.

Quote:
Have depth instead of just people existent. Stop with the new characters and value what you have
I know, right?? I get that "high profile" recurring actors got them press mentions but the complete letdown of all their actual talent was unexplainable for me

Quote:
[/end rant]
oh no please, rant away. We have one month to go with the board. Might as well air out our disappointment before we close for good.

Old 05-02-2016, 12:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
Never saw it really. Matt and Archie are awesome and they have great chemistry as people but Cary and Kalinda as characters truly live in different dimensions. I liked Cary chasing her but when they actually tried to make it something else, it failed completely because the only way they could do that was to destroy Kalinda as a character, but then maybe that's what they wanted.
It made no sense. Kalinda obviously had feelings for Cary that extended past anything sexual. I just don't get why they kept writing Kalinda as the one who would never commit. I know that's her character, the one who never commits. But people can change, right? I'm not looking for Kalinda to go all mushy and give up her sense of independence. But damn, give a guy a break. He's giving her everything he has and she's shutting the door in his face, literally.

Quote:
That's the thing though. They really don't. Kalinda doesn't get tht Cary is serious and Cary doesn't get Kalinda at all. He just thinks she's hiding a soft heart under a hardened facade and that he's the one to swoop in and crack her shell wide open but she's really not. And he's not the one to "save her from herself".
Kalinda is a much more complex human being than Cary is willing to accept. He just thinks she's like every other girl who's afraid to open up. That may be true, but to a certain point. Kalinda, I do believe is afraid to open up to people, but that's not who she is. Kalinda's just not someone who opens up to a significant other and she's had plenty of opportunities.

Quote:
you could tell just from watching Josh. He came alive during the court scenes and the firm struggle. He was sleepwalking through the rest at the end.
It was quite challenging watching him in random scenes. It's like physically Josh was there but Will Gardner wasn't there on any emotional level. You said it, Josh checked out. He was done after Season 3, he had no intention of really staying with the show through the end, that was abundantly clear. It was all a matter of when. He wasn't involved in Season 3, he was practically not even around in Season 4 and he was done in Season 5. But what gets me is that they had only 15 episodes, more than half of a full season with him and they do what....coast him? They did the exact same thing they did in Seasons before. They promise to have Will Gardner these great scenes but it's like too little too late. When Will found out about Alicia moving out of Lockhart/Gardner, those scenes were prime gold. He was perfect. He's always been perfect. Even when he's coasting in the scenes he's still great.

My gripe is that they had fifteen, well fourteen episodes to fully use Will Gardner for all he was worth. Not just the Alicia stuff (which was a lot), what about Diane. He had so many unresolved issues with Diane and as she did with him. What about her finally confronting Will about wanting to out her of Lockhart/Gardner when he thought she was leaving. I wanted Will to really confront Alicia. Ask her why? They had a beautiful love affair and she goes back to her husband, the man who admiringly cheated on her? What was that all about. Alicia came alive when she was with Will. He allowed her to be her own woman, there was no ownership there. He was so in love with her that just having her by his side was enough. I don't wanna compare Peter vs Will and make Will out to be a saint. Neither of them are the good guy, there's something that puts each of them in a bad corner and each of them in a good corner. But who's the one to really love Alicia and be there for her. Will was ready to give it all up, be by her, be her comfort in the cold nights. And we all know how much Will loves the law and fighting for what's right.

That's what pisses me off and I'll always resent the show for it. Will was ready and willing to wait for Alicia to figure out her divorce issues with Peter and move on with her life. That's why he asked if he should meet Zach on a more personal level and was completely taken aback by Alicia's telling him no. For all intents and purposes, Will was in a real relationship with Alicia, it just had to be closeted until she filed for divorce from Peter.

What did Peter have that Alicia still wanted to hold on to? He cheated on her, went to jail for corruption against state of Illinois. What more do you need to know the guy is a jerk and doesn't need to be her husband. I hated that she stayed with him, in even the pilot. She was strongly considering divorce even before she started working with Will. The confirmation was already there, she just let herself get weak and I hated that. She was supposed to be strong but really she was weak and just let people squirm around her.

Quote:
I know, right?? I get that "high profile" recurring actors got them press mentions but the complete letdown of all their actual talent was unexplainable for me
I did love when some high profile actors came in and had a few scenes as a lawyer or something. But that was it. They aren't meant to have storylines, they aren't meant to hang around and have scenes to prop up other actors.

Quote:
oh no please, rant away. We have one month to go with the board. Might as well air out our disappointment before we close for good.
Believe me, as you see above, I have a lot to say. I just haven't felt like i had a place to say it because I didn't want to seem like a downer to people who still liked the show. But as I see here, I'm not in the minority.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 05-02-2016, 10:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

forgot to post Chapter 9, so double treat

Chapter 9
Chapter 10
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 05-03-2016, 06:52 PM
Elite Fan

And I forgot to answer your post and now it's late so I'll do it tomorrow