Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-07-2011, 12:49 PM
Elite Fan

The Good Wife Award Celebration Thread #6 - Because the Awards and nominations keep rolling in for our Peabody Winner!

Welcome to the
the goodwife
Award Celebration Thread

by MizButterfly

2010/11

Golden Globes
(01/16/11)

Best TV Series - Drama

Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series - Drama

Julianna Margulies

Best Supporting Actor in a Television Series
Chris Noth

Screen Actors Guild Awards
(01/30/11)

Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Drama Series
Julianna Margulies

Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series

People's Choice Awards
(01/05/11)

Favorite TV Drama

Best TV Drama Actress

Julianna Margulies

Satellite Awards
(12/19/10)

Best Television Series, Drama

Best Actress in a Series, Drama
Julianna Margulies

Best Actor in a Series, Drama
Josh Charles

Best Actress in a Supporting Role
Archie Panjabi

Best Actor in a Supporting Role
Alan Cumming

Writers Guild of America
(02/05/11)

Episodic Drama
“Boom” Written by Ted Humphrey

2011 Peabody Award
(03/30/11)

Critics' Choice Television Awards

Best Drama Series

Best Actress in a
Drama Series
Julianna Margulies

Best
Supporting Actress in a Drama Series
Archie Panjabi

Best
Supporting Actor in a Drama Series
Alan Cumming

Television Critics Association Awards

Best Drama Series

Outstanding Achievement in Drama
Julianna Margulies

Emmy Awards

Outstanding Drama Series

Outstanding Casting for a Drama Series
Mark Saks (casting director)

Outstanding
Cinematography For A Single-Camera Series
Fred Murphy

Outstanding Guest Actor in a Drama Series

Michael J. Fox

Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series
Julianna Margulies

Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series
Alan Cumming
Josh Charles

Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series
Archie Panjabi

Christine Baranski

2009/10

Emmy Awards

Outstanding Casting for a Drama Series

Mark Saks (casting director)

Outstanding Costumes for a Series

Outstanding Drama Series

Outstanding Guest Actor in a Drama Series

Dylan Baker
Alan Cumming

Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series
Julianna Margulies

Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series
Archie Panjabi

Christine Baranski

Outstanding Writing for a Drama Series
Michelle King
Robert King

Television Critics Association

Individual Achievement in Drama
Julianna Margulies

Outstanding New Program

Outstanding Achievement in Drama

Golden Globes

Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series - Drama
Julianna Margulies

Satellite Awards

Best Actress in a Series, Drama
Julianna Margulies

Best Television Series, Drama

Screen Actors Guild Awards

Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Drama Series
Julianna Margulies

Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series

Writers Guild of America

New Series

* in red the awards won

Previous thread

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Last edited by Gelfling; 07-17-2011 at 06:58 PM
Old 06-07-2011, 12:58 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Elizabeth Reaser- your guess is as good as mine. This is the description given- 'Tammy and Will's relationship is threatened when Tammy becomes impatient with Will's constant choosing of his work over their relationship.'
I remember the episode but I fell asleep so I'm not sure which one that was. It makes sense though since it was probably her biggest episode.

Quote:
No Martha Plimpton, Leelee Sobieski, and especially America Ferrera surprised me
Did Martha submit last season? I think perhaps she thought it wasn't worth her time and she submitted for Raising Hope instead.
Sobieski, I'm surprised too, because this seems to be such a showcase for an all-but-forgotten actress and she'll need the hype when her new show starts on CBS (it's been picked up, right?)
But really I'm stunned at Ferrera not submitting. Not only did she have a meaty role, but it was highly publicized and since she won in the Comedy category before, I think she had a high chance of snagging a nomination.

Quote:
Also nothing from the second half in writing. I think this leans towards their series submissions being heavily from the first half as well.
A huge mistake, imo. The second half of the season was much better than the phantom campaign and the neverending merger.

Quote:
Omg but some nominees?I mean,really Anna Torv can have a nominee(at the Emmy too?) and maybe win against a Julianna Margulies? It would be weird..
not a chance. They needed to throw some scifi in not to look prejudiced but a nomination here doesn't mean an Emmy nomination in some cases. They have more nominees than the Emmys.

Quote:
So we've got the submission for the Emmys, what's the next step ? The list of 5 or 6 people in each category ?
Next step is the actual nominations. They'll be announced July 14th.

Last edited by Gelfling; 06-07-2011 at 01:05 PM
Old 06-07-2011, 01:00 PM
Extreme Fan

TFTNT

Also, can we know what episodes are going with each of the actors submission for the Emmys? Or it doesn't work like that? I mean, Lila posted what episodes the guest stars submited, but the rest? (I'm a 'little' clueless! )
Old 06-07-2011, 01:05 PM
Part-Time Fan

Yes Carla,i think the same..i mean,i hope..come on our Julianna is better than a lot of the actresses around
Old 06-07-2011, 01:20 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Also, can we know what episodes are going with each of the actors submission for the Emmys? Or it doesn't work like that?
Guest submit for a particular episode. Regulars submit for a general nomination. When they get nominated, they chose an episode they feel is most representative of their work in the season. So we'll only know what episode they are submitting when/if they get nominated

Quote:
Yes Carla,i think the same..i mean,i hope..come on our Julianna is better than a lot of the actresses around
She definitely is. Although I think the competition is the fiercest in the female lead and supporting category this year.
But really, Torv doesn't make the cut for me. I've never seen her name (unlike John Noble's) even mentioned in any Emmy related article or discussion so I think it's mostly tv critics trying to look cool at this point. I don't see her getting a nomination among this crowd. I guess that explains why Kyra Sedgwick wasn't nominated. They needed scifi.

Old 06-07-2011, 01:25 PM
Part-Time Fan

I agree Carla! Every year is very difficult to win..and this one too.i only hope TGW and Julianna can win something,above all after all this love from critics and journalists.but i don't trust in Emmy judges very much
Old 06-07-2011, 01:29 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
.i only hope TGW and Julianna can win something,above all after all this love from critics and journalists.but i don't trust in Emmy judges very much
Well any award is great to have but I think CBS is overjoyed with the Peabody so if they don't win the Emmy, there's that.
I don't trust the Emmys either. Maybe Julianna will benefit from not being the "front runner" after she was snubbed last year but I'm not holding my breath. I hope to be pleasantly surprised instead

Old 06-07-2011, 01:34 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Guest submit for a particular episode. Regulars submit for a general nomination. When they get nominated, they chose an episode they feel is most representative of their work in the season. So we'll only know what episode they are submitting when/if they get nominated
Oh! That makes more sense They only choose one episode if they get nominated, then?
Old 06-07-2011, 01:46 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
Well any award is great to have but I think CBS is overjoyed with the Peabody so if they don't win the Emmy, there's that.
I don't trust the Emmys either. Maybe Julianna will benefit from not being the "front runner" after she was snubbed last year but I'm not holding my breath. I hope to be pleasantly surprised instead
I think Julianna has good possibility this time,but i don't want illude myself..
Old 06-07-2011, 01:52 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
They only choose one episode if they get nominated, then?
I'm sure they all made their choices already (maybe not the superstitious ones ) but they only submit them to the Academy of tv when they are nominated.

Old 06-07-2011, 03:24 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lia1981 (View Post)
I think Julianna has good possibility this time,but i don't want illude myself..
I know right I do not want to be disappointed again!

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 06-07-2011, 03:32 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiki17 (View Post)
I know right I do not want to be disappointed again!
yes me too..too bad if she doesn't win again..
Old 06-07-2011, 03:34 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lia1981 (View Post)
yes me too..too bad if she doesn't win again..
She has tough competition with Katey Sagal but I mean her performance in In Sickness, Foreign Affair, and Getting Off was SUPERB! She so deserves it!

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 06-07-2011, 03:49 PM
Ultimate Fan

TFTNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
She definitely is. Although I think the competition is the fiercest in the female lead and supporting category this year.
But really, Torv doesn't make the cut for me. I've never seen her name (unlike John Noble's) even mentioned in any Emmy related article or discussion so I think it's mostly tv critics trying to look cool at this point. I don't see her getting a nomination among this crowd. I guess that explains why Kyra Sedgwick wasn't nominated. They needed scifi.
Many of the nominations don't make sense to me. I agree Torv won't get an Emmy nod (while Noble might), but I think she's been really good this season with the whole double universe and Dr Spock's spirit around. She's grown a lot as an actress since she started. Sure, she's not on the same level than Julianna or some of the other actresses on the list, but it makes sense to me. A lot more than Micahel Pitt for example. He's really unimpressive in BE. Or Jane Lynch. As great as she is, her character has been only laughable at this season. Not in a good way.

And I'm a bit puzzled by Alan too. Sure, he's great, but I don't think he's had a lot of great material this season. I can get his nomination last year. He was a guest and his first episode was impressive. But this year? So, so.
Old 06-07-2011, 04:04 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I agree Torv won't get an Emmy nod (while Noble might), but I think she's been really good this season with the whole double universe and Dr Spock's spirit around. She's grown a lot as an actress since she started.
I think so, too. She is so much better now. I still don't know if she is good enough to be nominated, though. But I don't watch most series that were nominated, so I don't have a proper opinion on that.

Quote:
Or Jane Lynch. As great as she is, her character has been only laughable at this season. Not in a good way.
Exactly! I still don't get why the writers done what they did to Sue, but her character is so, so much worse then in first season.

Quote:
And I'm a bit puzzled by Alan too. Sure, he's great, but I don't think he's had a lot of great material this season. I can get his nomination last year. He was a guest and his first episode was impressive. But this year? So, so.
He is not in the level of the other noms, then? (it's really a question, because I'd really like to know )