Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-14-2013, 09:45 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
-The Will/Diane thing was AWFULLY RUSHED. This is the breaking up of one of the most fundamental relationships on the show

You know, I actually think it was quite well done, next to the awful endings that the other couples/relationships had. They put Will and Diane against each other and yet I had arguments to defende them both, every step of the way I could understand both sides. I don't know if it's because I have finally reached impartiality or because what they were trying to show actually made sense, for once.
What I didn't like, was Will's lack of respect during their final chat, referring to Diane as "Your Honor". But hey, I totally get Will, he is 50000% DONE with people using his past and being punished for something he didn't do (well yes, the money thing was true, but this all comes from the unfair suspension).

Oh and DIANE ACTUALLY MADE ME CRY WITH HER FIRM/LIFE SPEECH Finally Christine has some Emmy material, you know I am biased when it comes to Christine but THROW HER AN EMMY ALREADY Josh was pretty well too.

Eugenia | tumblr ♔| twitter
Old 10-14-2013, 10:03 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndlessღLove (View Post)
You know, I actually think it was quite well done, next to the awful endings that the other couples/relationships had. They put Will and Diane against each other and yet I had arguments to defende them both, every step of the way I could understand both sides. I don't know if it's because I have finally reached impartiality or because what they were trying to show actually made sense, for once.
What I didn't like, was Will's lack of respect during their final chat, referring to Diane as "Your Honor". But hey, I totally get Will, he is 50000% DONE with people using his past and being punished for something he didn't do (well yes, the money thing was true, but this all comes from the unfair suspension).

Oh and DIANE ACTUALLY MADE ME CRY WITH HER FIRM/LIFE SPEECH Finally Christine has some Emmy material, you know I am biased when it comes to Christine but THROW HER AN EMMY ALREADY Josh was pretty well too.
We can agree that Christine deserves an Emmy. Everyone who doesn't is blind .

Put it this way, I probably would have thought that even an entire episode dedicated only to Will and Diane would have felt rushed. Their relationship is SO important. I wanted to see more and more if they had to destroy it. The scenes per se were very well-done. I just think there was something missing. Will and Diane have probably been the duo that fought more openly on TGW. And it has been one of the reasons I have loved them so much. Now, when it matters the most, they were both passive-aggressive and neither of them really said what they wanted to say. That "Your Honor" thing wasn't lack of respect, in my opinion, that was pure Will pain. And Diane knows it too. Otherwise she wouldn't have taken it. She would have called him on it. That was so much what I expected her to do. Get Alicia off her office and really fight with Will and instead... It's heartcrushing to see it end like that. It's way worse than anything else I have seen in The Good Wife. And for NO REASON.
Old 10-14-2013, 10:12 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bye11 (View Post)
I might very well be in the minority but I have a lot of issues with this episode. I would have probably had less problems with this episode had this episode been three episodes. But as it is, there wasn't enough time for anything and all the storylines felt way too fast.
I actually agree with you.

Quote:
But the more I watch, the more I don't understand how Will will ever be able to forgive her
This worries me the most. After all that has happened.......When Will finds out - that moment will be much more than heartbreaking.

Quote:
Finally, I have to mention a little scene that made my day. When Kalinda learned about Alicia, she looked to Will. There, writers, please explore that friendship. Since apparently we can't have Alicia and Kalinda or Will and Diane, at least give us Will and Kalinda as friends. PLEASE. PLEASE. PLEASE.
This was my favorite part of the episode. Notice how K looks at W- this spoke volumes about their relationship and K's feelings. As K is a AW shipper I think that she also felt really bad about the impact of A's actions on AW. The fact that she really cares about Alicia is already established. Maybe in the next few episodes we can see that she equally cares about Will.
Old 10-14-2013, 10:43 AM
Obsessed Fan

I don't even know who I feel sorry for the most right now.I'm sure everyone will be all right at some point,even if there's a really long way to that,but right now it's just heartbreaking.It's painful to watch all those people who in the heart of hearts have lots of love,respect and admiration for one another doing all this stuff behind each other backs.
Old 10-14-2013, 12:20 PM
Supreme Fan

It was a good episode! Poor Will and Diane. They don't know it yet, but they are really going to need eachother when the news breaks about Alicia and Cary leaving the firm. Christine's acting was spot on, so let's hope this will give her the emmy she deserves so much. I never really thought Alicia would accept Will's proposition, but I am glad that she told Cary that aswell.

It's funny that David Lee is suspecting Kalinda of leaving with the fourth years, while he's confiding in Robbyn ( who isn't really discrete I believe - poor Kalinda! - Here's me hoping for a big Alicia/Kalinda scene! I'm at the point the scene doesn't even have to be pretty. Let them fight or something. Give us something! ). I am really curious how everyone on the show is going to end up. Diane and her judgeship ( who else thinks that she isn't going to get it? ), Will, Kalinda, and David at Lockhard(?), Gardner, and Cary and Alicia on the outs. The promo looks amazing btw.

I'm not really caring about Peter's story line yet. I really hope that he grew over the last 5 years, but I kind of fear that he's going to make the same mistake again...cheat on his wife. I don't want that to happen. It's pretty clear that Alicia is not going to end up with Will, so I really hope Alicia and Peter are going to make it work. Another scandal would be so bad. I don't want that to happen to Alicia.

Grace seemed a bit weird, but it's not weird/unrealistic that a teenage girl wants to be viewed as pretty. She goes a bit far with it though.

The case itself was pretty interesting. I could see both sides, so the dillema was written really well.
Old 10-14-2013, 12:29 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Diane and Will, I am broken really.
Why are the Kings so eager to destroy everything that the viewers love? First the A/K friendship, and now the W/D friendship. I remember an interview when Robert King said that the viewers think they want love and harmony, but what we really want are hate and war - I don't remember his exact words, but I was like "Thank you Mr. King for knowing so exactly what I want. Thanks, but no thanks. I like drama but not at all costs."

They will destroy everything, step by step. Unlike RK I don't think that becoming an adult means to understand that everybody is ready to stab everybody in the back. There was a time when I liked/loved all the strong characters on the show, but they're losing their dignity, more and more, and I don't want to be a witness of that (thank God, I'm not, because I'm still on strike ).
Old 10-14-2013, 12:36 PM
Master Fan

Gosh, what a great episode. I couldn't believe what I was seeing.
Old 10-14-2013, 09:34 PM
Extreme Fan

Don't feel "love" from 503, just others. And I feel very disappointed.
Old 10-15-2013, 09:25 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimlegaspi (View Post)
Why are the Kings so eager to destroy everything that the viewers love? First the A/K friendship, and now the W/D friendship. I remember an interview when Robert King said that the viewers think they want love and harmony, but what we really want are hate and war - I don't remember his exact words, but I was like "Thank you Mr. King for knowing so exactly what I want. Thanks, but no thanks. I like drama but not at all costs."

They will destroy everything, step by step. Unlike RK I don't think that becoming an adult means to understand that everybody is ready to stab everybody in the back. There was a time when I liked/loved all the strong characters on the show, but they're losing their dignity, more and more, and I don't want to be a witness of that (thank God, I'm not, because I'm still on strike ).
Yep and the Will/Alicia relationship is up next. Not to mention how they have marginalized Kalinda completely. She has no relationship with anyone on the show anymore! I hope they don't ruin these other relationships beyond repair like they have the one between Alicia and Kalinda. I don't really trust them not to at this point...

OK regarding the episode, great acting from CB, JC, and JM! My favorite scene was the one where Diane goes to Will to tell him about the relationship. JC did a great job reacting to what Diane is telling him and then when Will just gets up and walks out...OMG!!! Followed up by Diane getting the message that the interview was unnecessary, that was just gut wrenching.

I thought the case was one of the most interesting they've had on the show in a long time. It certainly wasn't easy to take sides on that one.

David Lee is so abrasive, I think I like him better in smaller doses.

I really like the Marilyn character and I'm glad she's back.

In the scene when Will and Diane are eviscerating each other verbally, the acting again was superb. JM had Alicia looking like she was going to get physically ill watching Will and Diane go at each other like that, two people she admires and respects. You could tell she was imagining how nasty things are going to get once they find out she's leaving with Cary and stealing all their best clients...

Maybe I'm just a super loyal person, but if I knew what Kalinda knows I would have gone to Will and Diane long ago and given them a head's up that their firm is about to be destroyed. How she can just sit on that information I don't understand.

Will: No, you know what? I'm not just dropping this. You wanna know my plan? My plan is I love you, okay? I've probably loved you ever since Georgetown. So phone me. I'll meet you anywhere and we will make a plan. Avatar by Karen
Old 10-15-2013, 09:38 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will's Girl (View Post)
How she can just sit on that information I don't understand.
I think she's very right to stay away from it as much as it's possible.She been caught up in the middle already and it's not something she chose to do.
Old 10-15-2013, 10:16 AM
Supreme Fan

Honestly my guess is that Kalinda's lack of screen-time is going to be compensated by the amount of screen-time she'll get trying to fix the chaos at Lockhard Gardner when Alicia/Cary and possibly Diane, leave.
Old 10-15-2013, 04:49 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:

I'm sorry, but I agree with the Kings. I don't want constant love and harmony at Lockhart/Gardner. That's boring. I don't want episode after episode in which the main characters are always chummy, while they deal with external problems. That's not good writing to me.
"The term 'Black Magic' was originally a reference to the type of 'magic' (spiritual beliefs) done by people who were black and because of the racism of the time - 'Black=Bad'; we find the current idea of black magic meaning magic that is either bad, evil, or lesser." That is just wrong on so many levels.
Old 10-15-2013, 05:43 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
GUYS I FELT LIKE A CHILD SEEING MY PARENTS WILL AND DIANE GETTING DIVORCED, I DON'T WANT THIS
Euge remember it all happened before and it will all happen again. That's how the Kings work: recycling. It ended up alright the first time and it will end up alright again. It's only the A/K relationship that's doomed because of whatever crap is going on behind the scenes but you know Josh and Christine love working with each other, right?

Quote:
I'm sorry, but I agree with the Kings. I don't want constant love and harmony at Lockhart/Gardner. That's boring. I don't want episode after episode in which the main characters are always chummy, while they deal with external problems. That's not good writing to me.
I disagree. Good writing is found in balance. You can't have everyone constantly exploding at everyone else, it's boring, it's predictable and it's pointless. If you're going to create conflict, it should be with characterization in mind, to have characters grow with their relationships. If you're going to create conflict, you need to explore it and see it through. They have never and will never know how to do that.
Look at Peter and Alicia, they were at odds for 3 seasons and suddenly, it's over, because they just thought "let's do something different" and that's that.
Not only is it not good writing, it's extremely bad writing. With regards to narrative, pacing, characters, and keeping the audience engaged.

Quote:
Yep and the Will/Alicia relationship is up next. Not to mention how they have marginalized Kalinda completely. She has no relationship with anyone on the show anymore!
Right?? It's like Archie's a pariah or something. Is she difficult to work with?
I don't know who they are going after next but they should be careful not to overdo it, there's only so far you can go when you alienate everyone in your audience. If people wanted to watch characters being awful to each other, they would only ever watch Jersey Shore or the Real Housewives of Wherever.

Quote:
We can agree that Christine deserves an Emmy. Everyone who doesn't is blind .
Please! Christine deserves every award even just for laughing but the problem with the Emmys is competition. She's always outran by people with more material

Quote:
Maybe I'm just a super loyal person, but if I knew what Kalinda knows I would have gone to Will and Diane long ago and given them a head's up that their firm is about to be destroyed. How she can just sit on that information I don't understand
The problem is the Kings don't understand and they keep doing what they have been doing for 3 seasons: drama driven characters. The only rule is you get characters to do whatever you need them to do for maximum draaaaamaaaaa without caring at all if that's logical or in character.

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 10-16-2013, 02:45 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR76 (View Post)
This. It's the internal struggles that make the show all the more special and well written. The cases are written in a beatiful way, and the acting is spot on, but without the internal struggles the show would be super lame. I'm kind of looking forward to the coming episodes, because there will be chaos and there will be hard times in certain dynamics. When that's done there's a chance for even more character growth, and I disagree with Gelfling ( sorry, don't know your real name ) when he says that we haven't seen character development on the show, or after certain fights. Peter and Alicia have been at odds for 3 years, yes, but Peter also showed how much he has changed, and it's obvious for everyone that Alicia changed aswell ( wether that's for the good or bad - that's an entire different discussion ), and it wasn't like they were suddenly back in love with eachother. They are writing it very slowly, and I consider that good writing. That's how I see it anyway. Kalinda has changed because of the Alicia/Kalinda fight. Alicia has changed. Everyone changed if you compare it with the pilot. Dynamics changed. And I love it. It's boring to watch everyone be happy all the time. I understand it's different atm, because it seems as everyone is going to be in a fight with everyone, but if I remember the past and the Kings work, I have no doubt they will write it very well, with a lot of character growth.
Old 10-16-2013, 07:14 AM
Dedicated Fan

I only just now watched the episode and have only one question:

Why would a college girl want to be a surrogate? Having a hectic class schedule while also being pregnant does not seem fun.

I thought this episode was entertaining. I'm enjoying the firm split story so far, it seems like it's going to get a little more dramatic.